Nebulae
0EE84BD3BE1FE91FD119261F53B8E40A9CE50054

makedon it to em

Reactions: List

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae

hgn87i2hqg731.jpg

[Colorized] photo dating back to the 1850s, depicting British soldiers of the 72nd Regiment, Duke of Albany's Own Highlanders. The three men: William Noble, Alexander Davison and John Harper, served in the Crimean War and in the siege of Sevastopol.

W_zwz2xHgdmgnRNdHFuxDPq0BidSuZ6OkUDppDwrTVE.jpg

Three U.S soldiers man a machine gun set up in a railroad shop in Château-Thierry, France, on June 7, 1918

qHX6maeu0WKfUYeGHAXmL3jq1zZGk_zRSc3DDw9c-Ts.jpg

The delegations signing the Treaty of Versailles in the Hall of Mirrors. Versailles, France. June 28, 1919.

kzp7dfl9va731.jpg

US Marines: D. Hargraves and G. Chavarria, of the 1st Marine Regiment at Wana Ridge, during the Battle of Okinawa (May 20th, 1945)

6592f46ee7.jpg

Princess Diana meeting Rowan Atkinson back in 1984

5h2tfuims6731.jpg

The last living Civil War veteran posing with an F-100 fighter jet in 1955

D

Deleted member 930

5h2tfuims6731.jpg

The last living Civil War veteran posing with an F-100 fighter jet in 1955

Imagine being that vet and experience how times change. Would've felt a bit awkward how fast life progresses

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Imagine being that vet and experience how times change. Would've felt a bit awkward how fast life progresses
it really be like that but its just the product of periods of hyper-intensive wars and rapid mobilization

Kleis

Electron
Nebulae
Making this post quite late. If I am mistaken on something or whatever then you know why.

Now that I've got some interest in the spanish Tercios, I'll show some good stuff from the Saint Quentin battle, not the one in WW1, the one in 1556. Post is by no means to glorify the spanish Tercios, because people tend to do that, I'm just remarking one of their biggest victories.

batalla-de-san-quintin2.jpg

The battle was fought during the Italian wars, where Spain was waging a war against France, as, always, pretty much. It was France against the hispanic monarchy, England and the Holy Roman Empire, but, it still was pretty big, considering how the french got humiliated.

san-quintin.jpg

Spanish rider shoots a german sergeant fighting for France during the battle of Saint Quentin.

The battle was a pretty interesting one, I must say. Thing is, the French during this battle were ready to lose every single drip of blood for winning the battle, they even had the support of their own compatriotes. The city had pretty good defenses and great morale all over the french army, but the spanish were pretty well prepared, and stronger in number, this being one of the mayor reasons of the victory. The french thought that it would be an easy defense, but they understimated the military capabilities of the Duke of Savoy.

It was 26.000 frenchmen versus 30.000 spanish infantry , alongside cavalry.

foto429.jpg

Famous painting of the Tercios during the battle.

One of the attacking wings of the spanish army had the famous, and infamous Tercio of Savoy, which was quite fearful, and to close up the formation some flemish troops.

sanquintin-1557.jpg

Drawing of the Battlefield perspective.
Skipping everything quite fast, as before the battle really began there were many retreats to close-by forests, alongside the easy crossing of the Somme river and bridges of the spanish, as there really was no resistance, alongside Egmont's cavalry harassing Never's counter attacking army, that had retreated at a forest, and was penetrated. It is worth to mention that Montmorency, the main commander, had to rapidly deploy his troops to the overwhelming situation (should check Wikipedia if you want for more details). The spanish avalanched themselves over the french army with quite harshness, it was quite savage to say. The constant pressure from the Tercio, cavalry and arquebus discharges made the french be disorientated and de-moralize. It was such a carnage that ~6.000 german mercenaries decided to literally surrender to the spanish, seeing how there was no other way out. Montmorency, one of the leaders of the opposing army, suicided honorably when everything was lost. He held the center part of the battlefield, the one that was the strongest, but constant artillery and cavalry harrasment made them weaken fatally.

e3f954bd980724c4d2d16d0a67709378.jpg

Overall, around 900 spanish infantry died and 25.000 frenchmen were wounded, prisoners, dead, or missing. Also this made Philip II not attack Paris, for some reason.
Big graves.

Mancom37

Atom
Nebulae
Making this post quite late. If I am mistaken on something or whatever then you know why.

Now that I've got some interest in the spanish Tercios, I'll show some good stuff from the Saint Quentin battle, not the one in WW1, the one in 1556. Post is by no means to glorify the spanish Tercios, because people tend to do that, I'm just remarking one of their biggest victories.

batalla-de-san-quintin2.jpg

The battle was fought during the Italian wars, where Spain was waging a war against France, as, always, pretty much. It was France against the hispanic monarchy, England and the Holy Roman Empire, but, it still was pretty big, considering how the french got humiliated.

san-quintin.jpg

Spanish rider shoots a german sergeant fighting for France during the battle of Saint Quentin.

The battle was a pretty interesting one, I must say. Thing is, the French during this battle were ready to lose every single drip of blood for winning the battle, they even had the support of their own compatriotes. The city had pretty good defenses and great morale all over the french army, but the spanish were pretty well prepared, and stronger in number, this being one of the mayor reasons of the victory. The french thought that it would be an easy defense, but they understimated the military capabilities of the Duke of Savoy.

It was 26.000 frenchmen versus 30.000 spanish infantry , alongside cavalry.

foto429.jpg

Famous painting of the Tercios during the battle.

One of the attacking wings of the spanish army had the famous, and infamous Tercio of Savoy, which was quite fearful, and to close up the formation some flemish troops.

sanquintin-1557.jpg

Drawing of the Battlefield perspective.
Skipping everything quite fast, as before the battle really began there were many retreats to close-by forests, alongside the easy crossing of the Somme river and bridges of the spanish, as there really was no resistance, alongside Egmont's cavalry harassing Never's counter attacking army, that had retreated at a forest, and was penetrated. It is worth to mention that Montmorency, the main commander, had to rapidly deploy his troops to the overwhelming situation (should check Wikipedia if you want for more details). The spanish avalanched themselves over the french army with quite harshness, it was quite savage to say. The constant pressure from the Tercio, cavalry and arquebus discharges made the french be disorientated and de-moralize. It was such a carnage that ~6.000 german mercenaries decided to literally surrender to the spanish, seeing how there was no other way out. Montmorency, one of the leaders of the opposing army, suicided honorably when everything was lost. He held the center part of the battlefield, the one that was the strongest, but constant artillery and cavalry harrasment made them weaken fatally.

e3f954bd980724c4d2d16d0a67709378.jpg

Overall, around 900 spanish infantry died and 25.000 frenchmen were wounded, prisoners, dead, or missing. Also this made Philip II not attack Paris, for some reason.
Big graves.

The Tercio formations were indeed the most effective till the arrival of Gustav II and his reforms to the new "swedish formation".

Deleted member 3713

My dick way too small to have y’all on it.
Nebulae

1280px-Flag_of_Tajikistan.svg.png

Tajikistan Civil War 1992-1997
RIAN_archive_466496_Rally_on_Shakhidon_square.jpg

Protests against the former Soviet Official run government, turned over with bloody clashes in Dushanbe

3672b48f-5e29-4c4b-a04d-96d90047f4fc.jpg

Tajikistani army is deployed to the Afghan border as both factions of the Northern Alliance and the Taliban seek to supply groups that counter each other's goals.

7468-tj_ja_leader-585_329.jpg

Jabaat Ansurallah rises up, a key Taliban puppet figure during the civil war that quickly lost popularity.

Riots_in_Dushanbe_1990.jpg

University students revolting against a range of key ministry buildings due to the governments inability to take any major action. Once again, against the government run by former Soviet officials.

thediplomat.com-31_cvrs_1-386x258.jpg

ap_1201510.jpg

Russian Armed Forces enter the conflict on the side of the government it directly oppose their former foes of the Northern Alliance and the Taliban of Afghanistan.