History Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 1381
  • Start date

Nömad <3

Nicrobe's pet Philosophy notebook
Nebulae
"I am not an Ulsterman but yesterday, the 1st. July, as I followed their amazing attack, I felt that I would rather be an Ulsterman than anything else in the world."
being a R.E.M.F in the artillery is where it's at though

afric

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Glf8-mlROM6IPpKHTmodVYYgmlRGfnf530TK_P18TSs.jpg

"I am not an Ulsterman but yesterday, the 1st. July, as I followed their amazing attack, I felt that I would rather be an Ulsterman than anything else in the world."

Captain Wilfred Spender, July 2nd 1916​
this is framed in the history department of my school lmao

Reactions: List

liew

Don't Shoot I'm Too Short
Nebulae
After digging into my ancestry, after the recent passing of my grandfather - I'd discovered a photograph of my great-grandad, in what I'm told is an IRA uniform (not too sure on whether it actually is or not, but given his Irish descent it's definitely likely)

image0.jpg

This is the photo I found of my great-grandfather, if someone could confirm whether this is an IRA uniform or not (and perhaps even what era it's from), I'd be very grateful.

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
After digging into my ancestry, after the recent passing of my grandfather - I'd discovered a photograph of my great-grandad, in what I'm told is an IRA uniform (not too sure on whether it actually is or not, but given his Irish descent it's definitely likely)

image0.jpg

This is the photo I found of my great-grandfather, if someone could confirm whether this is an IRA uniform or not (and perhaps even what era it's from), I'd be very grateful.
joe-mck.jpg

Looks like an IRA uniform from around the 1916-20s. Belt buckle and chest strap matches. Unsure about the soft cover insignia though that could probably be regimental

cns - he/him/his

The Winner
Nebulae

image0.jpg

Looks fairly IRA yeah but it's have to be from around the 1910s or 1920s

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae

p0p2rEf.jpg

A 15th Tactical Reconnaissance Squadron RF-4C Phantom II aircraft takes off at sunset during Exercise TEAM SPIRIT '85.

Team Spirit was a joint military training exercise of United States Forces Korea and the Military of South Korea held between 1976 and 1993. The exercise was also scheduled from 1994 to 1996 but cancelled during this time period as part of diplomatic efforts to encourage the Government of North Korea to disable the North Korean nuclear weapons program.

The North Korea regime abandoned talks following the January 1986 Team Spirit exercises, and in late 1992, North Korea unilaterally withdrew from the South-North High-Level Talks due to the 1993 Team Spirit exercise.