In Progress HL:A cops but better

Manio

Mostly Sleepy
Nebulae
people are so quick to jump to the outrage shit

it's ridiculous

Blackquill bro, I'll be honest. That didn't sound like a joke. I posted a reply to not get people's hopes up. If it was a joke then someone needs to work on their sense of humor. People really like the work I've done, hence their disappointment will be big if it just gets thrown inside the bin. Nothing ridiculous in it.

Again, I don't mind that, the addon is doing well on the workshop (it gets more popular each minute which is really nice to see). If it won't be used here, then it will be a shame, but I won't shoot myself in the head because of it.

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
Another thing:

If we end up not using the models anyway, for one reason or another - that's our perogative; being outraged about it solves nothing.

@Manio did this of his own volition, he wasn't asked to do it by me and I've gave minimal feedback to it. I'm not saying we will or won't use the models but don't get mad if we decide to NOT use something we didn't request to be made, that's all I'm saying

Jaydawg - The popular school shooter suggestions shooter, still not caught by the local law enforcement in Nebulous TownTM.
stop being an ass.

Reactions: List

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
I'm just saying if you don't say something like "Hey, can we use the models yet when they're done? Any update?" and instead do "@all add the new models PLEAAAAAASE" I dunno why you'd expect a serious answer?

Like tell me that sounds like its an actual question and not just a "I'm excited for them".

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
Just for transparency - here's the ACTUAL situation on cop models:

Personally not sure on changing them YET but cloudperson had an idea for the upcoming event, so we'll see what comes of it and then after the event maybe. We've had higher priorities lately from a dev standpoint (CW 2.0 big example)

Luft

a bad memer
Nebulae
I'm just saying if you don't say something like "Hey, can we use the models yet when they're done? Any update?" and instead do "@all add the new models PLEAAAAAASE" I dunno why you'd expect a serious answer?

Like tell me that sounds like its an actual question and not just a "I'm excited for them".
do we have to beg on our knees for new models to be added

besides, getting a proper answer is like playing the lottery

youre either lucky or youre unlucky

Mute

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
Next milestone - RTB models & trenchcoat models. This will take me some time (wish me luck).
when I read trenchcoat models I thought you would somehow merge the blacksuit and cop outfit but then I remembered the ugly stupid dumb model ew from Revolution that the cops used

Spine

All toasters toast toast.
Nebulae
idk it's just super hard to gauge whether jaydawg is joking or not

i ask 'why not' and 0 response

and it's not a surprise that i don't find it as a joke when jaydawg keeps shooting suggestions down man

plus ive been told jaydawg isnt fond of the models in the past
Reminds me of the suggestion I've put for retirement for cops and it has been lost in time and space.

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
let's not clog up because of the joke thing. it was a joke, but severely miscommunicated by alot of involved parties.
No, it was just miscommunicated by one person and everyone ran with it. Don't try to pass it off as "everyone is to blame equally", it's just you guys taking one response in a private chat and running with it for outrage, it's all on you.

shit

Atom
Nebulae
No, it was just miscommunicated by one person and everyone ran with it. Don't try to pass it off as "everyone is to blame equally", it's just you guys taking one response in a private chat and running with it for outrage, it's all on you.
gee thanks dude

oh, and we weren't really outraged, at least the initial respondees, just dissapointed

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 243

The models look really good, compared to our current models. Love the work you put into this!
I'll pose with these instead of the HD pack

Manio

Mostly Sleepy
Nebulae
An update (no, not trenchcoats but I'm working on them, trust me.)

InKYOWn.png

1HEOCFp.png

UfRvEAB.png

DibkGNp.png

So, what happened here is this:

Some people complained about masks being too dark so I made them brighter... However, they are not shining as they used to so that's a fair trade. City 8 model got a minor rework (blue lenses, darker mask, darker pants) and I've added hl2 concept cop skin (blue lenses). I also added berets, two variants (with and without the silver badge). female_03 and female_07 don't have those because of their hair.

Along with that, minor fixes, and here we are. More to come.

GothTrad

Spooky scary skeleton
Nebulae
An update (no, not trenchcoats but I'm working on them, trust me.)

InKYOWn.png

1HEOCFp.png

UfRvEAB.png

DibkGNp.png

So, what happened here is this:

Some people complained about masks being too dark so I made them brighter... However, they are not shining as they used to so that's a fair trade. City 8 model got a minor rework (blue lenses, darker mask, darker pants) and I've added hl2 concept cop skin (blue lenses). I also added berets, two variants (with and without the silver badge). female_03 and female_07 don't have those because of their hair.

Along with that, minor fixes, and here we are. More to come.

The masks look very good now, have the female legs been fixed?