hl2rp² feedback thread 2.0²

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
I'd like to point out that we recently introduced the division system which includes the XRAY division who act as the medical and "humanitarian" part of the faction. They aren't required to wear a mask and are in charge of handling refugees and such. I'll admit that it's weird for me to see a maskless cop as a citizen or as a cop having played the setting for so long, but it's gotten good reception and people seem to enjoy the avenue of roleplay it's opened up.
you just convinced me to give the server another shot soon

that and the chainsaw... I'm gonna cut @Rabid up if he ever makes another vort merchant

Reactions: List

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
Fuck you I'm gonna hit YOU with a car
rabid when he finds the first trabant on the server that isn't a rusty prop:

shortround-jdm.gif

Trains

ms paint artist extraordinaire
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
where’s Gordon fremeen

STUCK IN A CAKE

Molecule
Nebulae
I'd like to point out that we recently introduced the division system which includes the XRAY division who act as the medical and "humanitarian" part of the faction. They aren't required to wear a mask and are in charge of handling refugees and such. I'll admit that it's weird for me to see a maskless cop as a citizen or as a cop having played the setting for so long, but it's gotten good reception and people seem to enjoy the avenue of roleplay it's opened up.
i enjoy the roleplay :)

Tinbe

Molecule
Nebulae
where’s Gordon fremeen
Went off to find Borealis or smth like that alongside Alyx Vance. Pretty much the pretext for why he has no influence on the server's ongoings.

.retzy

Neutrino
Premium Member
Nebulae
Been playing for a few weeks now and can finally add some of my observations to this thread.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

- The apparent need for staff to be online to spawn Zulu-crates is too inconsistent, and as far as I'm aware some staff just straight up don't do it. It's annoying to run around for 30 minutes while under the ever looming threat of being killed cops or OTA just to be told "Oh that guy, he doesn't spawn any crates, you should go looking when x, y, z person is online."

- The community is too decentralized, what's the point in the forums when all the discussions, rosters, rulesets, and general info is more up to date on discord servers?

- Another problem is that there is too many discord servers, where am I as a new player supposed to fit in? I've come to the conclusion that most of the rebel players are in private discords with their friends, and the combine discord is just straight up restricted unless you have a CP/OTA whitelist, and the 'main' nebulous discord is just...dead, I see people typing there once every three days or something like that.

Other than that...the server is quite fun...even though the playerbase is much smaller than it used to be I still feel like stuff happens on the daily.

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
- The apparent need for staff to be online to spawn Zulu-crates is too inconsistent, and as far as I'm aware some staff just straight up don't do it. It's annoying to run around for 30 minutes while under the ever looming threat of being killed cops or OTA just to be told "Oh that guy, he doesn't spawn any crates, you should go looking when x, y, z person is online."

hey check this out

constantdisplay

nokia talk 2002
Nebulae
Been playing for a few weeks now and can finally add some of my observations to this thread.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

- The community is too decentralized, what's the point in the forums when all the discussions, rosters, rulesets, and general info is more up to date on discord servers?

- Another problem is that there is too many discord servers, where am I as a new player supposed to fit in? I've come to the conclusion that most of the rebel players are in private discords with their friends, and the combine discord is just straight up restricted unless you have a CP/OTA whitelist, and the 'main' nebulous discord is just...dead, I see people typing there once every three days or something like that.

Other than that...the server is quite fun...even though the playerbase is much smaller than it used to be I still feel like stuff happens on the daily.
vast majority of rebels, staff and even some cop players are on the neb resistance discord (not sure if youre on it, there should prolly be a link to it in spawn tbh). the "main" neb discord is kinda just a legacy/gtarp thing, and itd be kinda hard to merge them at this point because the resistance server has like a year of messages/info. combine discord is its own thing to prevent meta

i do agree on the forum stuff tho, stuff like the staff roster really needs an update and stuff like #ic-noticeboard could also be a forum thread and not just a channel