Serious HL2RP∞ Screenshot Thread

Deleted member 906

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
NsMrDXX.png

Imagine having to apply to start a group, when the whole premise of being a Rebel was the freedoms of not having to apply and doing everything IC. I will now take your resident Dumb box and trucks for U-Haulage to Ohio.

Northgate

:D
HL2 RP Administrator
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Imagine having to apply to start a group, when the whole premise of being a Rebel was the freedoms of not having to apply and doing everything IC. I will now take your resident Dumb box and trucks for U-Haulage to Ohio.

you can precisely do that though

contracted cells are applied for as they need a certain degree of OOC intervention too, but bands can be formed by ANYONE at any time

Reactions: List

avralwobniar

Atom
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
it looks like the amount of staff intervention needed for all of this is going to burn people out quite quickly
and isnt dehumanizing the combine going to reintroduce a whole bunch of problems that were mitigated by giving the characters more creative freedom

ovxy

infamous instigator
Media Developer
Premium Member
Nebulae
it looks like the amount of staff intervention needed for all of this is going to burn people out quite quickly
and isnt dehumanizing the combine going to reintroduce a whole bunch of problems that were mitigated by giving the characters more creative freedom
The dehumanizing is only done visually.
Creative freedom for combine will remain, perhaps even increase.

Numbers

ok
Nebulae
man the only burnout im gonna get is from people that criticize what im tryna do without:
A. offering alternatives
B. actually reading the rest of this subforum first

Lewis!

フローラルの専門店
Nebulae
wnsauoq.png

Nearing completion, getting the hat texture changed tho.

Im Arma it'll be an equitable gear item, if and when I get this ported to Gmod it'll be a bodygroup

Last edited:

avralwobniar

Atom
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
man the only burnout im gonna get is from people that criticize what im tryna do without:
A. offering alternatives
B. actually reading the rest of this subforum first
It's very silly to expect me to offer solutions to my own questions or play the server when it hasn't launched yet

The dehumanizing is only done visually.
Creative freedom for combine will remain, perhaps even increase.
I figured but it wasn't conveyed very well in the threads, it's a little difficult to decipher what the factions are actually there for, ty for actually answering the question instead of immediately jumping on defense for no reason

Numbers

ok
Nebulae
It's very silly to expect me to offer solutions to my own questions or play the server when it hasn't launched yet
as equally silly as this "drive-by criticism" where people drop by to point out issues that they themselves have envisioned for a server that isn't even up yet

avralwobniar

Atom
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
as equally silly as this "drive-by criticism" where people drop by to point out issues that they themselves have envisioned for a server that isn't even up yet
The server not being up isn't the criticism shield that you think it is. What I said was perfectly valid and not attacking or whatever you perceived it as, considering the serious response I got from someone else. I'll refrain from criticizing your server in the future though, so you don't take it so personally

Numbers

ok
Nebulae
The server not being up isn't the criticism shield that you think it is. What I said was perfectly valid and not attacking or whatever you perceived it as, considering the serious response I got from someone else. I'll refrain from criticizing your server in the future though, so you don't take it so personally
i'm moreso referring to the general assumption that staff will burn out very fast. what is that even based on? suddenly going into the Q menu once a week is such a burden that we should reconsider launching? because we've been getting that a lot

lotta people trying to be expert veteran gmod analysts nowadays

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae

Yeah, you'll just resort to dumb rating someone that has made a valid point against a passive-aggressive comment you've dropped like you always do

It'd be smarter to just measure your words next time but it's easier to blame others for you creating inexistent issues in your own imagination and pushing them onto everyone else

avralwobniar

Atom
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
i'm moreso referring to the general assumption that staff will burn out very fast. what is that even based on? suddenly going into the Q menu once a week is such a burden that we should reconsider launching? because we've been getting that a lot

lotta people trying to be expert veteran gmod analysts nowadays
It doesn't look like I mentioned you should reconsider launching in my post

Yeah, you'll just resort to dumb rating someone that has made a valid point against a passive-aggressive comment you've dropped like you always do

It'd be smarter to just measure your words next time but it's easier to blame others for you creating inexistent issues in your own imagination and pushing them onto everyone else
Okay. I'll rephrase it with all the added fluff that you want me to

I think it's super cool what you guys are doing and I appreciate all of the work you have done. Words can't express how great you are for taking on the burden of running hl2rp. I think most of it is functional as written save for one thing. Don't take this as a personal attack or anything because it isn't, but how are you going to stop staff burnout with an outlands system that notoriously relies on event team direction and staff oversight? Have you considered how difficult it could be to keep things relatively balanced with weekly item restocks?

It's much easier to just start the discussion than pointing out the obvious for a paragraph before raising the topic

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
I think it's super cool what you guys are doing and I appreciate all of the work you have done. Words can't express how great you are for taking on the burden of running hl2tp. I think most of it is functional as written save for one thing. Don't take this as a personal attack or anything because it isn't, but how are you going to stop staff burnout with an outlands system that notoriously relies on event team direction and staff oversight? Have you considered how difficult it could be to keep things relatively balanced with weekly item restocks?

I don't need you to lick my ass all I need is for you to not throw a rock and then hide your hand afterwards when you're confronted about it. Change your attitude, quit being condescending.

What is an "outlands system" for you?
Why does it rely notoriously on event team direction, according to you, specially when players are given way more freedom of action than in previous iterations?
Regarding balance, we considered balance issues, yes, but the restocks being weekly allows us to balance things out EVERY WEEK meaning we don't have to wait two months for balance changes, plus it's barely an issue considering having more stock doesn't exactly make you a winner automatically. If anything people will lose focus on scripts considering you don't have to grind for 4 months to get some useful gear.

Numbers

ok
Nebulae
It doesn't look like I mentioned you should reconsider launching in my post
that's just my roosebud criticism ptsd when i first posted my og thread showing, i think

i think it made me view some peoples questions as "reasons not to launch" since thats essentially what he was doing earlier

yes, we have thought about how the gameplay loop will maintain a decent balance within the hands of the rebel players' own actions, and civpro to an extent, but we don't have to get into every little avenue it could go, on this thread

avralwobniar

Atom
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I don't need you to lick my ass all I need is for you to not throw a rock and then hide your hand afterwards when you're confronted about it. Change your attitude, quit being condescending
It's not my fault that people choose to read between the lines and imagine I say things that aren't in my post. I'm not replying to the rest of this since you're being very argumentative for no reason

that's just my roosebud criticism ptsd when i first posted my og thread showing, i think

i think it made me view some peoples questions as "reasons not to launch" since thats essentially what he was doing earlier

yes, we have thought about how the gameplay loop will maintain a decent balance within the hands of the rebel players' own actions, and civpro to an extent, but we don't have to get into every little avenue it could go, on this thread
Yeah that's fair. I know a big part of why gear was harder to obtain was both the balance aspect and the fact that handing things to people tends to give them less of a drive to play in most cases. Having it be weekly I guess gives enough of a reasonable time to change things if issues come up from it