Nebulae
circumstantial, will not hold up against my lawyers
Screenshot_20221207_134934.jpg

Reactions: List

Tyrone

Electron
B A N N E D
Nebulae
The server not being up isn't the criticism shield that you think it is. What I said was perfectly valid and not attacking or whatever you perceived it as, considering the serious response I got from someone else. I'll refrain from criticizing your server in the future though, so you don't take it so personally
it wasn't. shut the fuck up maybe? leave the cuntiness to @PilotBland who actually happens to be funny while doing it

avralwobniar

Atom
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
it wasn't. shut the fuck up maybe? leave the cuntiness to @PilotBland who actually happens to be funny while doing it
judging by the more serious discussion I had with numbers on steam while you were concocting this nothing bomb says otherwise

Northgate

:D
HL2 RP Administrator
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Don't take this as a personal attack or anything because it isn't, but how are you going to stop staff burnout with an outlands system that notoriously relies on event team direction and staff oversight? Have you considered how difficult it could be to keep things relatively balanced with weekly item restocks?

It's an experiment for sure, but I think what changes this is a novel gameplay loop with the introduction of a permanent Combine faction. There are a lot more tensions from the go here which add a consistent challenge, to hopefully add a permanent objective that can also be ran by players.

Can't deny staff burnout is always being a risk. We'll have to see how it goes, but considering the high morale and motivations shown by people so far we might go farther than before.

Deleted member 61

donator without a cause
Nebulae
I've never understood what's so bad about staff spawning a bunch of NPCs in an area and adding some loot around to find if people want to take the risk.

It was the life-blood of QZRP/FTRP and I never had a problem with making random places have some loot and NPCs for people to run into and so long as you're not putting down AKs and trenchcoats, I don't see what the big deal is. SAs should sort of know what will and won't be too much to spawn in.

I always felt it added character and story, especially if you put down dead bodies and add notes and stuff like that. Visual story telling is just as good as events because it can spark interaction between those who come across it.

It's always strange to me how sometimes, when server population is low and dying, that's the time we start scrambling to try and make events to keep the remaining population alive. There's a lot a staff team can do, but it really requires them to get a kick out of seeing other people roleplaying and interacting with what they're doing and when the playerbase doesn't like something or sort of 'bites back' at someone trying to make their experience better, it can be demoralizing to that staff member and they might not do that sort of stuff in the future.

To make this relate to the topic, I will post a screenshot.

Kobayashi Party

xJ3NqXY.jpg

R9L0eoL.jpg

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
It's always strange to me how sometimes, when server population is low and dying, that's the time we start scrambling to try and make events to keep the remaining population alive.

All of the best times on HL2RP have come from players doing their own thing and people being accomodated rather than the staff team stepping in and running things directly - the problem being that cycle eventually breaks down and then when staff do have to step in people meme on them for it.

A lot of staff members don't have the sort of confidence needed to do anything other than mini-events a lot of the time, which imo is fine. Its not easy at all.