Serious HL2RP∞ Screenshot Thread

Erkor

Narrative/Lore Management
Nebulae
also, to tack on to that, i think we shouldnt be afraid to not have things right now. theres a reason a lot of (and im doing this intentionally) star trek engineering chiefs say "yeah we'll have the warp core up in at least ten hours no earlier": work actually has to get done, people have to uphold their schedules, and resources have to be moved around

while im pretty proud of getting 75% for leading a work detail on the synth bay, i was -- and im not saying this in disappointment, i should say -- expecting it to be a longer-term thing that would span a few days and/or be subject to sabotage during the construction process; synths are, after all, a pretty powerful tool in upheaving the status quo of combat

imagine if we started work on the synth bay and fixed one generator and the terminal because of a few complications and part installation; then we had to wait a day because it's taxing work, we rally people together (perhaps different guys, so that others can "enjoy themselves"*) to complete another segment, and now the hunter den opens; another day of work to fix the arms on the crab synth repair bay, and boom! we'd be done (technical glitches, debugging, rewiring notwithstanding)

*people have an instinctive aversion to manual labor RP which i think may be borne from workshift rp being so soulcrushingly fucking boring and i empathize with that but honestly i think you need a mix-up between standing AFK at the base and shooting le rèbles in da outlands like a half life 2 cop

Reactions: List

Trains

ms paint artist extraordinaire
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
me bringing a bullsquid to the farmers for food then having it stolen by cops so they could eat it instead was quite funny I must admit

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae
First 24 of Soko being in the region.

Within 5 minutes of spawning I was already in the clinic dealing with people getting messed up, not even my clinic, I've not even met anyone yet lmao. no rest for the wicked.
Wp6rHz0.jpg

Following day I could begin the reason my character actually arrived. observing the gonarch lair , lot of stalking and taking notes, before making a quick escape once the creature took displeasure at it's new stalker.
mwG9Td0.jpg

Good fun reviving the character.

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
still thinking about bringing in a xenian character but idk if they'd fit

there enough passive going on or is it mostly just 2 safe zones and a no man's land?

FreeSpy

Atom
Nebulae
no i think a lot of the "objectives" on this map are vaguely different

i wouldnt call it a push this button ordeal but, generally speaking, a lot of the critical things civil protection has done so far was engineering-adjacent. that said, i think the variety between them is, at least from my point of view, decently noticeable:

-to get the synth deployment working again, we had to perform manual repairs through a workshift-esque thing with admin supervision
-to get the relay nodes (whatever the hell they are) working, we had to either find replacement pieces or repair existing pieces
-to get the transhumanization place working, we ?????????????????????????????? i was offline

i think a large problem in my opinion though is the apparent endlessness of resources. i understand there is always a certain "underdog story" theme going on when it comes to civil protection or combine factions versus citizens or rebel factions, but we're in the middle of nowhere, suffering from all sorts of problems (e.g. our food supplies being destroyed after being contaminated after being used up), yet the "mission-critical" things seem (they may not be so, but from my humble PoV it appears that way) to be infinite. i'm not talking about things like ammo or batteries or medigel, but rather RP-adjacent things:

earlier today, i asked DEFENDER-3 -- god rest his soul -- What's stopping us from putting up a forcefield at the gate? his answer to this was, effectively, nothing (the actual answer was something along the lines of If you find emitters big enough, feel free to try.). although you could interpret the forcefield part issue as a resource problem, i think it stems from a different need entirely and is irrelevant to this point i'm making

similarly, as long as we have an APC running, there's nothing really stopping us from reparing every facet of the (above-ground) base as much of the combine fortifications aren't destroyed, theyre just displaced (for example: the smart barriers that were pushed over, or the watchtower that was knocked over)

i think something that would help a lot in this kind of dynamic is if we had to actually bodge apart or bodge together things to make it work. nothing overly complex, but for example: the generators in the base are down. we don't have the parts to conventionally repair it. do we dismantle a couple of combine dark energy generators to do retrofit them for this instead? what would we lose as a consequence of this?

the loss of rations makes it seem to me like civil protection is being led down the path of survivalism, and i think RPing that kind of an aspect out properly would be a really cool vibe, but i think certain aspects of the base-life need certain consequences for the sake of the non-competetive RP that's supposed to be happening at least sometimes here

i had immense fun technobabbling my way through implementing combine tech in the lighthouse, and also while repairing the synth deployment chamber. that kind of stuff helped me zero in a part of my character's backstory. i may be biased, ultimately, considering this, but if we were required to ramshackle things together to survive, it'd spice things up a lot more in my opinion when you start having to consider what is more valuable between a repair bay, medical triage machinery, or a transhuman stasis pod

I will be honest when the Cops roleplay it actually goes really nice - I know it took us a lot of movement to get that fucking transhumanization site working and damn was it worth it. A lot of moving parts.

We have based our operations around actually setting up and working our needs (i.e. trapp ing the gonark for a constant supply of crab meat, and for crabs for canisters.

We have raided and scouted nodes, what we need, and did all of the set up needed. I spent so much time GMing for guys inside the bunker trying to figure out what was wrong, who did what, et cetera
do people on the combine side have objectives besides "push this button" and hunt people indiscriminately?
so to answer this - Yes. They do have other objectives - While some are combat oriented, it is indeed the one way the combine moves. Through violence. Hunting and trapping fauna for food (and hell it backfiring on us), doing a lot of technical roleplay at the base with the creation of the church of gains, doing a whole intranet in a radio so that people can diagnose what happened to the base.

Rebels and citizens see one side of it, and that's because they're the bad guys [CPs] - They're [CPs] meant to be the violent fucks on the backfoot that are scared to shit - And they sure as hell act like it in character, because they treat everyone as threats, taking prisoners where possible

Last edited:

Raiden

cool cat
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Rebels and citizens see one side of it, and that's because they're the bad guys - They're meant to be the violent fucks on the backfoot that are scared to shit - And they sure as hell act like it in character, because the treat everyone as threats, taking prisoners where possible
the rebels do or the cps do? sorry i dunno if I read that right aha

Nebulae
cops are way better than rebels, met the order of the bleeding clamp, and had ten times more fun talking to them and surviving a rebel siege than i have had fun speaking to any rebel

i lovee them

Tyrone

Electron
B A N N E D
Nebulae
cops are way better than rebels, met the order of the bleeding clamp, and had ten times more fun talking to them and surviving a rebel siege than i have had fun speaking to any rebel

i lovee them
stuck in a room with the bleeding clamp and the ranchers
RE7_dinner_keyart.0.0.1485129641.jpg

nightmare blunt rotation

Nebulae
server went from steamy to dogshit

tried to march ten farmers and ranchers with nothing but melees to demand rebels stop storming our land, forcing us to give them shit - so on, with rp

we walk up and all get s2k'ed

i cannot play this shit no mo

Numbers

ok
Nebulae
server went from steamy to dogshit

tried to march ten farmers and ranchers with nothing but melees to demand rebels stop storming our land, forcing us to give them shit - so on, with rp

we walk up and all get s2k'ed

i cannot play this shit no mo
why not make a ban request if you were tryna do shit with roleplay and got met with s2k

ur at a significant disadvantage being fully melee, aint meant to start s2king u off the bat, thats a rule break

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Ya'll just know that the rebels who'll mow down like 12 people trying to RP with them are the same exact ones who'll turn into fucking shakesphere for character dev and actual roleplay when you plop them in an event lol.

Mad respect for all the rebels (and ranchers) who're actually doing cool roleplay and stuff, I had a lot of fun today interacting with you.

Mute

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
what reason do people have for killing or harassing the ranchers aside from IC greed unless theres some other side im not seeing

Nebulae
what reason do people have for killing or harassing the ranchers aside from IC greed unless theres some other side im not seeing

rebels come by daily and brookes has been beat up everyday atleast once or twice by rebels because they either, a. wanted to force his nephews and son to fight, b. wanted free food or drinks (we dont have) any or free cattle (dont have any), or c. just considered us loyalists for not fighting, and shot at us from afar

cops have swept the ranch twice but it's fair because rebels caused sweeps, and were right there

but cops also came as bleeding clamp and rp'ed with us and literally defended the ranch

mfw cops are literally the good guys

Nebulae
rebels come by daily and brookes has been beat up everyday atleast once or twice by rebels because they either, a. wanted to force his nephews and son to fight, b. wanted free food or drinks (we dont have) any or free cattle (dont have any), or c. just considered us loyalists for not fighting, and shot at us from afar

cops have swept the ranch twice but it's fair because rebels caused sweeps, and were right there

but cops also came as bleeding clamp and rp'ed with us and literally defended the ranch

mfw cops are literally the good guys

adding onto this, cops actually armed the family after hearing rebels were attacking us

for the first time in my history of neb, i can proudly say

i love cps