Serious HL2RP∞ Screenshot Thread

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
but inversely (and this was something i rarely mentioned at the time) you also can't make it too easy for rebels to hide their shit because that eventually results in cops also never finding anything interesting

Because nobody cared about the experience of cops because the majority of the loudest and most vocal people played rebels. Rebels had no reason to be sympathetic to the guys who PK'd their characters or they saw as RP destroyers or whatever.

On top of that, cops had nobody influential to argue their corner (still don't tbh) so whenever shit hit the forums you'd see like 20 rebel players rolling into a thread because cop players didn't want to put themselves in the firing line.

Reactions: List
Nebulae
Because nobody cared about the experience of cops because the majority of the loudest and most vocal people played rebels. Rebels had no reason to be sympathetic to the guys who PK'd their characters or they saw as RP destroyers or whatever.

its hard to be sympathetic to a grim reaper faction whose members resurrect no matter how cleverly you out-s2k them at personal risk, so i understand why this was the way it was, hence i wrote

but that needs a rebel playerbase with a genuine risk taking mindset (regardless of how much or little their opposition suffers for it)

the game just genuinely asked rebels to make blood sacrifices in order to keep things fresh. as a player i was personally willing to walk that tightrope in 2021 and onward (and as a rogue ravouxist CP for sometime before that) but it made sense to me that i was among a minority

On top of that, cops had nobody influential to argue their corner (still don't tbh) so whenever shit hit the forums you'd see like 20 rebel players rolling into a thread because cop players didn't want to put themselves in the firing line.

disagree with this in the present, tbh. and even then, they don't 'need' it. the combine is the very definition of an admin assisted/OOCly supported faction, so their survival didn't hinge on throwing out strong opinions on a roleplay forum (the way rebels had to call for changes or advocate shifts in player attitudes; which in the end worked when cops started being afraid enough to PK characters that we were tacitly allowed to do cool gang shit on surface)

Simman102

the Scourge of Roleplay
Nebulae
okay but what is the difference between UU branded bandages and normal bandages
There existed three types of bandages. The basic one was crafted from cloth scraps and was legal to carry.
If you had bleach, you could sterilise it with a crafting recipe - making it a stronger healing script but also making it illegal to carry in the process, since bleach itself was illegal.
UU-branded version was just one originating from the UM, also legal to carry (I'm not sure about its strength, mechanically speaking)

Last edited:

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae
lowkey miss early helix c8 where it seemed like there was a good balance. we'd run around as cops regularly patting people down and interrogating them over shit, setting up checkpoints etc. meanwhile there was a shotcop in rb6 every other day and the brave mfers who did it under PK risk usually planned their escape to get away before the response

then i17 rolled around and everything got so much 'safer' city side, barely anyone tried their luck with the combine anymore - those who did seemed to start dropping like flies; i presume it was just the wide streets and huge layout making it hard to slip away/easy to get seen. by the time we'd cycled back to city8 in 2021 exactly what you said happened and it became fairly easy to get away with things, and while there was a lot of fantastic rp going on with the gangs that i experienced firsthand, i could also see that there just wasn't any way for CPs to interact with it without potentially ruining it all with a sneeze; so they were never allowed to (this also happened in joseon where i experienced it from the cop pov, i had a lot of plans for sabotaging the gangs of that time also but my presence was too threatening to the delicate balance between them so i was never allowed)

that's what i can't wrap my head around; it'd have been great to bring back the 'risk' in interacting with the city for rebels, but how do you do that without suffocating all rebel activity? how do you encourage them to go up topside in good faith when the very real possibility exists of losing your character over a bundle of zipties (do not research vlado) and other shit that should normally be "benign" (or at least get you beaten for)? all it takes is for a cop to go "get on the wall." and the moment they're within 3 feet of you, you're fucked on the escape because they'll either block your exit and baton you down with superior run speed or just shoot you

imo the answer lies (and has always lied) in personal containers, none of the d r a c o n i an contraband laws wouldve mattered if we let people hold onto their illegal stuff without having to carry them on their person; and only take them out when it mattered. most people who carry so much as a knife were forced underground simply because a permanent kill was always one CP dialogue prompt away. it's very regrettable that such an essential gameplay mechanic of being an undercover guerilla fighter was locked behind premium for most of helix

the only time i recall seeing an amazing network of surface rebelRP was in linntrix's iteration, and that was only because authing personal conts was made very easy. a system not unlike premium would've made things so much easier though, a modest space available to everyone at least that can be extended with prem membership
zonHpTY.png

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
THAT WAS IT?????
me when I spill bleach on the ground in front of doors so people must be punished for owning bleach-covered shoes when they go to walk into apartment bloc #46

Dallas

event guy
Nebulae
I'll never forget this one post @Dallas made that had me fucking howling with laughter

Right it was some shit like

"When cops break into your apartment and kill you for possessing a robosapien (it is considered contraband)" and he posted this video along side it:

Comedy gold

ah fuck man that was a good time. all that plastic. capital charge

Maytree

Black Hole
Nebulae
ah fuck man that was a good time. all that plastic. capital charge
A light jog in the city sidewalk is punishable by having your kneecaps stolen.

During 2016 City 8, A CP dragged my loyalist character into the Nexus to smash my legs with a stunstick, just because I held the shift key for few seconds.

Trains

ms paint artist extraordinaire
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
A light jog in the city sidewalk is punishable by having your kneecaps stolen.

During 2016 City 8, A CP dragged my loyalist character into the Nexus to smash my legs with a stunstick, just because I held the shift key for few seconds.
i got beaten to 5hp because i hit shit tab to open steam infront of a cop and it made me run for a fraction of a second

tried explaining and got hit with that ‘IC is ic’ gaze

i really wonder what people like that are up to these days because that sorta thing cannot have come from a healthy place

Andrew

Atom
Nebulae
i got beaten to 5hp because i hit shit tab to open steam infront of a cop and it made me run for a fraction of a second

i really wonder what people like that are up to these days because that sorta thing cannot have come from a healthy place
I took off the legs of my children
They shall never hold shift again

Mute

`impulse-approved
Nebulae

got flashbacks to the original iteration of c24 in 2017 where id accidentally jump and have to type void in looc so cops dont beat my ass