Serious HL2RP∞ Screenshot Thread

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Vortigaunts have infinite cop oneshot, and OTA two shot. No damage falloff, no ammo limit.
(Ammo that regenerates in form of Stamina is the definition of infnite.)
Vortigaunts had a very short NLR timer
Vortigaunts delayed the inevitable relay event by almost a quarter to half an hour.
hi as one of the two vorts that was there for it, we both almost immediately died, got spawned back into the town and got spawnkilled on repeat, we then got tp'd away and weren't actually told we could go back in until like 5 minutes after the rebels had gone back in, and then we went in and immediately got killed again so aside from just delaying something that ended up happening anyway, we didn't actually do anything

Reactions: List

Sil

jus one more fing
Nebulae
Hunters have 750/750 and projectile flying speed of horseshit times you can strafe away minus skill

Hunter Chopper as an IC Objective due to its proximity to the rebel bases, secured ICly, piloted by an IC character. Then it was taken away as OOC balance, oh well

OTA only used 1 AR2, and only as last stand in the relay
Sniper OTA almost died fair and square in s2k
Cops mostly using MP7 and Glocks, not a lot of damage and accuracy
Combine players only had 1 life, defending. No NLR, returning to combat.
Hunter ran away after it killed like 5 people, because balance. (Synth deployment was also an IC objective to be repaired lmao)

Rebels have access to every weaponry they acquired.
Vortigaunts have infinite cop oneshot, and OTA two shot. No damage falloff, no ammo limit.
Rebels were teleported, had a very short NLR timer
Vortigaunts had a very short NLR timer
Vortigaunts delayed the inevitable relay event by almost a quarter to half an hour.
Coming from a Vortigaunt perspective, rebels absolutely have the advantage 90% of the time and it's a shame that power's being taken away from the CP/OTA side.

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Coming from a Vortigaunt perspective, rebels absolutely have the advantage 90% of the time and it's a shame that power's being taken away from the CP/OTA side.

Tbf, again, you can always add and take away support and auth permissions for stuff like APC's and synths.

You give a bunch of rebels RPG's and now suddenly you have no way to balance those except if you kill the people who have them, all the while your patrols are getting blown to fuck lmao.

If rebels genuinely had all of the advantages except on paper they wouldn't have gotten absolutely massacred multiple times in situations where they have 3x the numbers and defensive positions with good gear.

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
POV: You are in Asheville on 02/02/2023 at approximately 7:39pm

5f6c04d21550c66a81fbffb5c2a7b1be.png

Sil

jus one more fing
Nebulae
Tbf, again, you can always add and take away support and auth permissions for stuff like APC's and synths.

You give a bunch of rebels RPG's and now suddenly you have no way to balance those except if you kill the people who have them, all the while your patrols are getting blown to fuck lmao.

If rebels genuinely had all of the advantages except on paper they wouldn't have gotten absolutely massacred multiple times in situations where they have 3x the numbers and defensive positions with good gear.
I suppose something I'd personally really want to see is, instead of the Rebels trying to take over a Union-Occupied or Union-Based area, the Union end up being the one on the offensive trying to push back the Rebels/trying to take a key point.

Most of what it feels like is the rebels trying to push back their presence, however that constant offense can feel quite boring since at the end of the day the rebel side just needs more firepower and then they can assault. I think it could be really fun to see the rebels with a key objective already in-hand, having to scrounge up as many defences as they can manage with whatever Lambda provides them supply-wise. The Combine have a great potential for sapping structures, and it would incentivise the rebels to find that structure and discipline so they can team up and take shit down rather than being a bunch of splinters that vaguely work together; rebel patrols, larger projects, etc.

You could have a key point be something like a rocket a la the HL2 Episodes, having to wait for Lambda to supply them with the materials to build it. Then with that rocket, it could have some sort of satellite that provides a useful advantage on a wider scale like expanding Lambda's supply network and communications. It gives the Combine an incentive to want to take it down beyond just 'rebel bad', and gives the rebels a reason to want to protect it and to engage in those defences

PepicWalrus

Electron
HL2 RP Senior Administrator
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
There's a reason iremoved the elevator that lead up to that roof.
ah yes "almost died fair and square" after i get teleported out into the open by my grapple hook 20 seconds after falling through 3 floors from the roof of a building that has no collisions only to be boxed in by invisible walls, before having to observer back to base and out of the fight because i physically cannot move as i'm getting shot at out in the open due to the aforementioned grapple bug
sounds like a skill issue

Raiden

cool cat
Premium Member
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
i have magdumped a hunter with a full ak mag and killed it once

its possible, but i can understand why people would be fucking terrified of doing it. no matter what, someone is going to die in the engagement
if i knew it had 750/750 i would not have pushed forward with the shotgun i had lmao