Serious HL2RP∞ Screenshot Thread

Nebulae
It's weird, during this time I imagined it wasn't anything special despite people's enjoyment of it

I enjoyed it personally since I RPed during it for the first time in a long while

your character was honestly among my favorites in that era, and i dont mean that just because youre SD

here i am gang boss who just smashed someone's head into a wall over literally nothing and i am intimidated because your dude did a 180 personality swap within a minute because he's got two people in his head and i activated his """self-defense personality"". it was a simple premise but you executed it so well it stuck with me for a while and i never forget how i eventually ended up reconciling with that part of your character

Reactions: List

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
your character was honestly among my favorites in that era, and i dont mean that just because youre SD

here i am gang boss who just smashed someone's head into a wall over literally nothing and i am intimidated because your dude did a 180 personality swap within a minute because he's got two people in his head and i activated his """self-defense personality"". it was a simple premise but you executed it so well it stuck with me for a while and i never forget how i eventually ended up reconciling with that part of your character
The idea was inspired by Johnny Silverhand, as I really love the concept of multiple 'minds' sharing one body. The idea started as me being bored and going "lol what if i played a character who's actually two people"

It's fascinating and it was probably the most unique character idea i've ever done in HL2RP at least. Of course it wasn't all planned out, I winged it most of the time but I had a general idea of what I wanted the character to be like.

The weak personality who went on about poetry 24/7 was incapable of feeling basic desires so he'd forgo his own health constantly, not eating or sleeping much. It turned out to be an amazing setpiece for the players I ended up hanging around with as they really played into it so well. I also roleplayed him as a pacifist, to the point where a headcrab player who stumbled into the city ended up being thrown in a bin by me and I dumped them back into the sewer. Prob one of my fav moments

The way he spoke to people was half meant to make him weird as shit but also half a way for me to test my writing abilities; I wanted to try and convince people that these two people genuinely talked and behaved completely differently despite sharing a body. I even gave him a really dumb nonsensical nickname to further accentuate just how fucking weird this guy is

The other 'personality' was supposed to be the complete opposite. He was rude, not that intelligent and didn't really care about the circumstances he found himself in. It's not quite how he ended up, since I found sticking to that a bit boring and I wanted to flesh out the concept. I wanted to sow a bit of mystery about which of these "personalities" is the real one so to speak.

All in all, I really enjoyed it and I still have one or two people messaging me about it to this day so it must've struck a chord with them.

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae
The idea was inspired by Johnny Silverhand, as I really love the concept of multiple 'minds' sharing one body. The idea started as me being bored and going "lol what if i played a character who's actually two people"

It's fascinating and it was probably the most unique character idea i've ever done in HL2RP at least. Of course it wasn't all planned out, I winged it most of the time but I had a general idea of what I wanted the character to be like.

The weak personality who went on about poetry 24/7 was incapable of feeling basic desires so he'd forgo his own health constantly, not eating or sleeping much. It turned out to be an amazing setpiece for the players I ended up hanging around with as they really played into it so well. I also roleplayed him as a pacifist, to the point where a headcrab player who stumbled into the city ended up being thrown in a bin by me and I dumped them back into the sewer. Prob one of my fav moments

The way he spoke to people was half meant to make him weird as shit but also half a way for me to test my writing abilities; I wanted to try and convince people that these two people genuinely talked and behaved completely differently despite sharing a body. I even gave him a really dumb nonsensical nickname to further accentuate just how fucking weird this guy is

The other 'personality' was supposed to be the complete opposite. He was rude, not that intelligent and didn't really care about the circumstances he found himself in. It's not quite how he ended up, since I found sticking to that a bit boring and I wanted to flesh out the concept. I wanted to sow a bit of mystery about which of these "personalities" is the real one so to speak.

All in all, I really enjoyed it and I still have one or two people messaging me about it to this day so it must've struck a chord with them.
i had the idea for a very long time to play a character alongside someone else
we'd make the same character, same model, same clothes - same description
we'd never f3 anyone so people could stay guessing, we'd never talk to anyone else about it ooc
the only way we'd discuss the character would be for physical wounds, conditions, clothing changes and login times

completely and totally two different personalities on the same person, zero metaleak because we'd not know what the other person knows about the same character. it'd have taken a lot of patience and a lot of effort, but im sad i never hit anyone else up about the idea and tried it on, think it'd have gone over amazing

a real mr robot scenario

deathwolf

I AM SPIDERMAN, GRIST LIES! I AM HIM REALLY! ﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
we'd never f3 anyone so people could stay guessing, we'd never talk to anyone else about it ooc
the only way we'd discuss the character would be for physical wounds, conditions, clothing changes and login times

completely and totally two different personalities on the same person, zero metaleak because we'd not know what the other person knows about the same character. it'd have taken a lot of patience and a lot of effort, but im sad i never hit anyone else up about the idea and tried it on, think it'd have gone over amazing

a real mr robot scenario
/setnickname would ruin this great idea

PepicWalrus

Electron
HL2 RP Senior Administrator
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae

a real mr robot scenario

Anthrax_PL

Atom
Nebulae
DD10ECD24CF59B5EF33F25A14DC4E4BDA5A844F9

35794C6B23B547BE951027272C1B8A34AC248131

VsGIjW5.jpg

04ddb8ec5ee61a4cf981160946698921.jpg

By far my favourite era.
season 3? ineu valley? order of the bleeding clamp? gtarp? you must've hit your head.
come on, the kobayashi are throwing a party and hoffmann is marching on the streets.

Screenshot_148.png

Screenshot_297.png

Screenshot_396.png

huffing the last of the fumes, guys.

deathroll

oh my fucking god I remember those days

every social caste played this

regular bluesuits, loyalists, cps, even cab

I remember my Minister barging into the club playing with some cops, destroying and getting destroyed

those were the good old days

oh how times have changed

Nebulae
deathroll

oh my fucking god I remember those days

every social caste played this

regular bluesuits, loyalists, cps, even cab

I remember my Minister barging into the club playing with some cops, destroying and getting destroyed

those were the good old days

oh how times have changed

it literally was every caste

my chinese gangoon would get invited up to the fucking citadel just to play deathroll in a minister's office with his suit buddies (while scheming in the background)

breen bless @ghostkripp for yanking this silly game out of his WoW childhood memories

Dallas

event guy
Nebulae
jidai era was a lot of fun. it stopped being good after a few months when the pk appeals got so out of hand that the conflicts could never meaningfully progress, a guy would whacked and then some shit would go down (a battle, a negotiation, a trade deal, a new alliance etc.) and then the appeal would get accepted and all that was undone

the overreliance on pk appeals led to a culture where if people died and were unhappy they could just lawyer it out until they got it on some arcane technicality

it made things very difficult to sustain

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
jidai era was a lot of fun. it stopped being good after a few months when the pk appeals got so out of hand that the conflicts could never meaningfully progress, a guy would whacked and then some shit would go down (a battle, a negotiation, a trade deal, a new alliance etc.) and then the appeal would get accepted and all that was undone

the overreliance on pk appeals led to a culture where if people died and were unhappy they could just lawyer it out until they got it on some arcane technicality

its weird that i had a much less worriful attitude towards character death when i was on Relentless, where there was literally 0 avenue to appeal PKs and if you said you were unlawfully PK'd or someone did it through dodgy means you'd just get "sorry to hear that happened to you mate" from the staff

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae

sorry buddy.... ur 3 day roleplayer arc... well..... u didnt emote raising ur gun.... heh....
HHLyUR2.png

in this video im gonna explain to u why your pk was...... stupid.... and illogical....

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Giant's PK still stands as the shittest PK during Jidai and I still don't know why there was such a genuine effort to keep the guy dead, nevermind why it wasn't overturned.

Shooting a guy and pushing for him to remain dead in the appeal for disputing a false report to a cop that was done in front of his face (after months of open warfare and cool back and forth) was something I'd have expected to see in 2016, not 2021.

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
its weird that i had a much less worriful attitude towards character death when i was on Relentless, where there was literally 0 avenue to appeal PKs and if you said you were unlawfully PK'd or someone did it through dodgy means you'd just get "sorry to hear that happened to you mate" from the staff

Imo its because when you know the system is against you (or there is no system at all lol) you either don't play or you take it on the chin if you wanna play anyway, whereas the more shitty people will see that sort of setup for what it is - a way for them to remove characters/people they want gone (which is exactly what was done before PK enforcement was fair back on LP).

Its why I've never agreed with the idea that PK's were somehow bad or people were bad for doing them. The alternative is you have to accept some people will take advantage of you playing fair with them and that's bollocks to me.

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Imo its because when you know the system is against you (or there is no system at all lol) you either don't play or you take it on the chin if you wanna play anyway, whereas the more shitty people will see that sort of setup for what it is - a way for them to remove characters/people they want gone (which is exactly what was done before PK enforcement was fair back on LP).

Its why I've never agreed with the idea that PK's were somehow bad or people were bad for doing them. The alternative is you have to accept some people will take advantage of you playing fair with them and that's bollocks to me.

weirdly no one abused the system because everyone being under the blanket rule of "basically any death is a PK" meant if you started abusing it people would just murder your character in retaliation and you'd lose everything

no real forums either so OOC popularity wasn't a thing, you'd never get your mates to just give you free shit on a new character

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae
i like the appeals process. a server where u can pk anyone for anything including vague threats just means u curate ur character to say nothing and you never say anything out loud. everyone knows the OOC criteria and then build their dialogue around it. its cringe and it forces a really weird playstyle. like clockwork

its the fact that everyone made a pk appeal for every pk even when it made narrative sense thats a bummer. it was a knee-jerk for every death on a "what-if" basis

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
i like the appeals process. a server where u can pk anyone for anything including vague threats just means u curate ur character to say nothing and you never say anything out loud. everyone knows the OOC criteria and then build their dialogue around it. its cringe and it allows a really weird playstyle

its the fact that everyone made a pk appeal for every pk even when it made narrative sense thats a bummer. it was a knee-jerk for every death on a "what-if" basis
Doesn't help that 50% of the time the appeal process would reveal some weird bullshit the pking party was up to

Like idk metagaming, using throwaways, holding OOC grudges and so on

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
i like the appeals process. a server where u can pk anyone for anything including vague threats just means u curate ur character to say nothing and you never say anything out loud. everyone knows the OOC criteria and then build their dialogue around it. its cringe and it forces a really weird playstyle. like clockwork

you can

but in this particular server, no one actually did it

closest analogy is it was akin to a town in which murder was legal
if some random walked into town and shot someone, the rest of town would immediately kill them in response

no one was OOCly known so everyone's actions were taken solely IC, if you shot someone because "he threatened me" you'd just be fucking murdered by the rest of the resistance for clearly being an unhinged maniac