Serious HL2RP∞ Screenshot Thread

Trains

ms paint artist extraordinaire
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
man lore does not matter as much as you think fr

U guys should just wipe the slate and do genuinely seasonal style stuff with new chars each time instead of what will eventually become a mess of lore
with the amount of people that play at this point yeah

a 24/7 server just isnt really the way anymore

Andrew

Atom
Nebulae
man lore does not matter as much as you think fr

U guys should just wipe the slate and do genuinely seasonal style stuff with new chars each time instead of what will eventually become a mess of lore
i support this because it filters the weak
which we must sadly open doors for and therefore cannot tell them 'too bad bro make a new one'

Reactions: List

Mike65536

The Motha' Fuckin' Newports.
Nebulae
with the amount of people that play at this point yeah

a 24/7 server just isnt really the way anymore
I can see this being a thing with the community moving forward. I know I'd be more likely to hop on if there were perhaps announced chapter based server events that last a day or two. A couple of the reasons I stopped playing in the first place was A) Burnout and B) The fact that my job requires I work up to 16 hours at a time. If these events were announced, and I could prepare to get a day off. I'd get on to play 100% of the time.

Anyway, there's my forum post for the year, see you all in like six months.

Provingmedusa

Scourge of Antlions
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
I've always been sort of infatuated with a 1-sided narrative-centred storyline that a group of people play through in a much more linear fashion. Could be in any point of HL2, could be a custom "universe" like we sort of have. (I just yearn for off-server events and storylines)

rob

Nebulae
with regards to the mess of lore part, I think this is just because of the lorewriters coming and going - which is to be expected, however in our case most of the lore dudes jumped ship very quickly

let's say you start writing a book, get lazy or tied up in drama, stop writing it - and give it to someone else with little to go off of, and tell them to continue writing it - you (usually) end up with a mess

unless you were closely knit with the previous lorewriters and kept in touch with them, having frequent discussions and whatnot, things would inevitably come to the mess it now is

which is why I'm all for seasonal stuff at this point 👍

sad part is, the people who've taken up the mantle since things were less of a mess have taken a brunt of the blame and flak (see: that one thread), which I think is undeserved personally, they're just trying to keep this ship afloat for those few who still have passion for it

Last edited:

Lewis!

フローラルの専門店
Nebulae
i think an issue was that some people were running events with headcanons that were, put nicely, fucking out-there
4df07b.png

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
I liked the verticality as well although it led to a lot of scuff

The elevator in hotel diordna frequently claimed lives (Mostly cops for some reason) and
source elevators belong in hell

many of them are just disguised func_doors anyway, look at city8

source ladders are notoriously annoying to deal with in the base games, so it's even worse in gmod
because people do the css method of tossing up a func_ladder brush and calling it a day without adding entities that hl2 shipped with

css version: touch brush and climb, if you slip off the brush you freefall to death
hl2 version: press E on ladder, climb, press E on where you want to get off

Nebulae
I've always been sort of infatuated with a 1-sided narrative-centred storyline that a group of people play through in a much more linear fashion. Could be in any point of HL2, could be a custom "universe" like we sort of have. (I just yearn for off-server events and storylines)

i've always held the opinion that HL2RP is so much more healthy when everyone plays for one side and the other 'opposing' faction consists of staff/event creators only. allows for a much more tailored experience for all and results in alot less OOC scuffling.

btw I wanna play hl2rp get on the server