Hobbies

avralwobniar

Atom
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I wish I knew how to cook but when I look at how much the ingredients cost and all of which is needed, I go ahead and buy a pack of frozen chicken burgers (which are fucking delicious and feel really healthy) and eat 2 of them with some instant mashed potatoes or french fries.

Its not that I am lazy to try and cook the recipe, I just dont want to fuck up because I always fuck up. I also have this thing where I dont feel like spending cash.
starting out cooking is gonna be more expensive since you dont know what to buy and fuck up your recipes but give it a bit and you'll make up for the cost of learning with knowledge and brains

Lost_Cartress

backsliding pompous loser
Nebulae
Come to Portugal for round two, baby.

The fucking meatballs were so disgusting, I think I didnt even finish them and threw them away.
how do you like... even manage to come up with that idea. there are far better things to cook

Last edited:
Reactions: List

Smithy

Neutrino
Nebulae
I started Diving - Good Qualifications for anyone who was interested. they normally run clubs at local swimming pools.

Gym - For Work.

Gaming - Anything these days since I don't get much time off work.

Paintball - Got offered a spot in a team (Had to turn it down due to work hours)

Wanting to take up horse riding - ( Helps get accepted on contracts for work) Also enjoy it to be honest.

Also going to start Skiing when possible.

D

Deleted member 3818

My unspoken hobby is cooking. I’ve been teaching myself since I was twelve with help from parents, really only did Italian stuff like pasta but with my new protein diet I’ve been exploring Jamaican food and holy fuck is it awesome.
You haven’t lived until you’ve had some real jerk chicken from a Caribbean shop

Chester

custom title
Nebulae
I wish I knew how to cook but when I look at how much the ingredients cost and all of which is needed, I go ahead and buy a pack of frozen chicken burgers (which are fucking delicious and feel really healthy) and eat 2 of them with some instant mashed potatoes or french fries.

Its not that I am lazy to try and cook the recipe, I just dont want to fuck up because I always fuck up. I also have this thing where I dont feel like spending cash.
from someone who's been in your shoes, the idea of cooking is incredibly daunting because of how easy it is to fuck things up. i've always been decent at cooking (took a few courses on the side + friends with a head chef) but i've never really appreciated it, if there's no passion there's no fun imo

i only started properly picking it back up again 6 months ago when i moved into my own flat, was surprised at how expensive it was for a good chef's knife + cast iron skillet lmao i think i came to about £45-50 or something and after that i got everything else like meat thermometers which were relatively cheap. my advice to you would be to start off with really simple things like cooking eggs or bacon, don't be scared of cooking raw meat as people get worried about potential poisoning and overcook their food as a result which ruins what could've been a nice dish

have confidence in yourself and start out small, i recommend watching binging/basics with babish and other popular cooking show youtubers to give yourself the drive and inspiration because some of the food they make on these videos are absolutely godly. i like to see cooking as a way to challenge yourself and try new things - of course presentation matters but as long as it tastes good then everyone's happy

My unspoken hobby is cooking. I’ve been teaching myself since I was twelve with help from parents, really only did Italian stuff like pasta but with my new protein diet I’ve been exploring Jamaican food and holy fuck is it awesome.
can i neb this more than once?

as for myself my main hobby rn is learning how to make spectacular coffees from the simplest americano (you'd be surprised as to how many people complain about the presentation of this one) to flat whites/cappuccinos/macchiatos etc etc. of course not having a big fancy coffee machine (like i do at work) at home + working at nando's doesn't give me much chance to do the practical side of things outside of watching hundreds of videos but i'm usually the go-to person on shift if people need coffees made (since it's all done properly barista-style instead of just pushing a button) for customers/themselves so i can't complain

i made a mocha a few days ago for a customer and they told me it was the best one they've ever had so far so i'm doing something right i think

what a weird hobby to have rofl

Baker

Mr. Mineside
Nebulae
from someone who's been in your shoes, the idea of cooking is incredibly daunting because of how easy it is to fuck things up. i've always been decent at cooking (took a few courses on the side + friends with a head chef) but i've never really appreciated it, if there's no passion there's no fun imo

i only started properly picking it back up again 6 months ago when i moved into my own flat, was surprised at how expensive it was for a good chef's knife + cast iron skillet lmao i think i came to about £45-50 or something and after that i got everything else like meat thermometers which were relatively cheap. my advice to you would be to start off with really simple things like cooking eggs or bacon, don't be scared of cooking raw meat as people get worried about potential poisoning and overcook their food as a result which ruins what could've been a nice dish

have confidence in yourself and start out small, i recommend watching binging/basics with babish and other popular cooking show youtubers to give yourself the drive and inspiration because some of the food they make on these videos are absolutely godly. i like to see cooking as a way to challenge yourself and try new things - of course presentation matters but as long as it tastes good then everyone's happy

can i neb this more than once?

as for myself my main hobby rn is learning how to make spectacular coffees from the simplest americano (you'd be surprised as to how many people complain about the presentation of this one) to flat whites/cappuccinos/macchiatos etc etc. of course not having a big fancy coffee machine (like i do at work) at home + working at nando's doesn't give me much chance to do the practical side of things outside of watching hundreds of videos but i'm usually the go-to person on shift if people need coffees made (since it's all done properly barista-style instead of just pushing a button) for customers/themselves so i can't complain

i made a mocha a few days ago for a customer and they told me it was the best one they've ever had so far so i'm doing something right i think

what a weird hobby to have rofl
The Nebulous.cloud coffee connoisseur.

Chester

custom title
Nebulae
The Nebulous.cloud coffee connoisseur.
bro legit there’s an italian cafe next to where my mum lives and there’s this one dude who stands at the counter and makes coffees/drinks all shift and i would literally be happy doing that 8 hours a day

kinda want to try doing latte art but i don’t wanna spill coffee everywhere

OneClassyBanana

kilroy was here
Nebulae
i play the bass guitar and listen to a ton of music and go on walks with a nice coffee when the weather allows

i’ve started to read or listen to books a lot more and i’m getting back into both traditional and digital art

good ways to spend my free time tbh

Chester

custom title
Nebulae
i play the bass guitar and listen to a ton of music and go on walks with a nice coffee when the weather allows

i’ve started to read or listen to books a lot more and i’m getting back into both traditional and digital art
any books to recommend? i need to start reading again now that i have more free time

OneClassyBanana

kilroy was here
Nebulae
any books to recommend? i need to start reading again now that i have more free time
i’ll always recommend orwell’s stuff to anyone that hasn’t read it yet — 1984 is the usual one that gets dropped the most but i prefer animal farm

one flew over the cuckoo’s nest is great

ray bradbury’s fahrenheit 451 is a classic even if it’s another pretty common recommendation

right now i’m enjoying the gestapo by jacques delarue a lot since historical reading is a big favorite of mine and this one in particular has got some interesting insight

just got leonard cohen’s book of longing and it’s a really fascinating read if you’re into the slightly more forlorn side of poetry

if you’re big into star wars lore the new thrawn books (thrawn - alliances - treason) are all really solid too and the audiobook versions are superb imo and keeping with the sci fi line of thought i seriously can’t recommend the 2000s halo novels enough

besides that the only other recent buys i have book-wise are things i’ve yet to read - poetry and philosophy stuff mostly if that’s more your speed aye

oh and geddy lee’s big book of bass but i mean

duh