HUMANZ is finally here.

Redneck

um guy
Nebulae
I'm more concerned on this than peoples opinion of the latest album:
DkPfHrB.jpg
i just hope it's not on regular TV, 'cause then they'd have to censor themselves and the network would have a lotta control over them
so I hope they either go to a network that's known to let TV shows do what they want, or just post it online

Pointman

Neutrino
Nebulae
The album in my opinion is fucking amazing. I love the songs, and the Damon songs are amazing.

Buuuut...

I understand Gorillaz's entire point is to create interesting, new and unique music. This has been the case since they've started, it's easy to see when you compare the 3 main albums to one another. However, right now, I feel as if the changes are too extreme and unbalanced for a Gorillaz album.

It's a lot more... I don't know how to say, grungey? More, hip-hop orientated? Which I don't have an issue with, for the most part, it's more that the other albums experimented with several genres in the same album.

There's also the absence of story, I kinda loved that Gorillaz had its own lore across its span of albums, but it's just... not here, for Humanz, or at least I'm not seeing it. Instead of stories like in Demon Days and Plastic Beach, we're left with seemingly pointless interludes that bring nothing of interest. I like the interludes connect the songs in a good way, but the narration just seems... what's the point?

Overall, I like the album, I like the songs. I don't see it as being particularly 'Gorillaz' except for some unique beats, especially the quirky one Momentz has in it.

Maybe the Gorillaz will grow on me, after all, that's the Gorillaz effect.

Reactions: List

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
The album in my opinion is fucking amazing. I love the songs, and the Damon songs are amazing.

Buuuut...

I understand Gorillaz's entire point is to create interesting, new and unique music. This has been the case since they've started, it's easy to see when you compare the 3 main albums to one another. However, right now, I feel as if the changes are too extreme and unbalanced for a Gorillaz album.

It's a lot more... I don't know how to say, grungey? More, hip-hop orientated? Which I don't have an issue with, for the most part, it's more that the other albums experimented with several genres in the same album.

There's also the absence of story, I kinda loved that Gorillaz had its own lore across its span of albums, but it's just... not here, for Humanz, or at least I'm not seeing it. Instead of stories like in Demon Days and Plastic Beach, we're left with seemingly pointless interludes that bring nothing of interest. I like the interludes connect the songs in a good way, but the narration just seems... what's the point?

Overall, I like the album, I like the songs. I don't see it as being particularly 'Gorillaz' except for some unique beats, especially the quirky one Momentz has in it.

Maybe the Gorillaz will grow on me, after all, that's the Gorillaz effect.
Gotta admit, I didn't like Saturn Barz at first but after listening to it a few times - Damon's part of the song has grew on me, even though it's like 6 lines long.

Liked Andromeda from the start though, good song with a catchy beat.

Pointman

Neutrino
Nebulae
Gotta admit, I didn't like Saturn Barz at first but after listening to it a few times - Damon's part of the song has grew on me, even though it's like 6 lines long.

Liked Andromeda from the start though, good song with a catchy beat.

Yeah, Saturn Barz and Andromeda definitely have a place in my playlist on Spotify without a doubt, alongside Strobelite, Charger, She's My Collar, Carnival, Momentz, Submission and probably a couple others. I'm kind of sick of We Got The Power and Ascension at this point though, but I guess that's what happen when you binge listen to them for days waiting for the full album, lol.

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
Yeah, Saturn Barz and Andromeda definitely have a place in my playlist on Spotify without a doubt, alongside Strobelite, Charger, She's My Collar, Carnival, Momentz, Submission and probably a couple others. I'm kind of sick of We Got The Power and Ascension at this point though, but I guess that's what happen when you binge listen to them for days waiting for the full album, lol.
Hallelujah Money is actually alright as well tbh.

Pointman

Neutrino
Nebulae
Hallelujah Money's actually alright as well tbh.

Eh, I don't particularly dislike the song, but it's not something I go out of my way to skip by any means. If it pops up, I'll let it play, but it's not a winner by me to be honest.

Still though, apparently Damon's still got another 30-odd songs in the works, not sure if he plans on releasing them. Plus, the whole Gorillaz TV show next year has got me hoping. And we're bound to get some proper music videos coming soon for the album, SURELY.

I'm still upset though we didn't get the David Bowie collab we were due to get with Humanz, though.

Isuckatgaming

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
And we're bound to get some proper music videos coming soon for the album, SURELY.

The Saturnz Barz video cost 800K to make, I don't know if their budget is so huge they got space for more of that quality.

Damon's part of the song has grew on me, even though it's like 6 lines long.

Damon's part in that song melts my ears.

Joe Thompson

Electron
Nebulae
Good album
there are major things that stop this being on the same level as the first three albums though

With the music itself, there's loads of wasted potential imo, especially on the last 1/2 of the album
With the extra songs on the deluxe edition, they're aren't honestly great, except out of body which should be shifted with something like we got the power
new blood is great and all, but I feel like they should of stay focused on making the guest appearances the best they can be instead of just having loads

Plankster

Atom
Nebulae
I'd love that too.

Hell, especially for Out of Body, song is the shit and would have an amazing music video if put together correctly I feel.
I'd rather have something for Momentz or She's My Collar, mostly becuase I don't really enjoy Out Of Body but I'll be pleased with whatever they make.

STUCK IN A CAKE

Molecule
Nebulae

I was either going to put this into the cringe thread, or this thread. This thread felt more fitting.

I want to die