Hunt Down Freeman

DoubleD

String
B A N N E D
Nebulae
The video in question is:
Not sure if it's the same project but this is where the bad impressions of mine have sort of stemmed from - if it's not the same project then I apologize
okay yeah this is definitely a disappointment, was hoping for something better

but again it's a demo from 2016 so maybe it changed

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
Even in the video they have with GMan completely misses it, he isn't evil, we don't know what he is and it just cuts to this cinrgey "I'm evil" speech.

Dan22

Neutrino
Nebulae
It says that it has parkour in it

if it was made in another engine I was hoping something like Dying Light parkour but now i'm thinking more of just jumping from platform to platform or something

From what I have seen (I'll confirm with Berkan but he is currently not on) the parkour system includes things like, climbing up pipes, holding onto and moving across ledges, climbing up walls, breaking falls with a roll etc. and probably more but I can't remember.

okay yeah this is definitely a disappointment, was hoping for something better

but again it's a demo from 2016 so maybe it changed

The demo was completely scrapped so anything you see there won't be in the final game, after the demo over 60 people have worked on the game and everything was made from scratch.

Reactions: List

DoubleD

String
B A N N E D
Nebulae
The demo was completely scrapped so anything you see there won't be in the final game, after the demo over 60 people have worked on the game and everything was made from scratch.
I'm just hoping the voice acting was made better

TinPan

Needs to blow his nose
Nebulae
I’m definitely confused though as to why the Steam Page is asking for 60 GB of space to allocate for downloading.

I mean, Black Mesa only takes up 15 GB and has absolutely stunning graphics for the most part as well as a sizeable chunk of content.

welcome to the Retirement

Narrative/Lore Manager
Nebulae
I’m definitely confused though as to why the Steam Page is asking for 60 GB of space to allocate for downloading.

I mean, Black Mesa only takes up 15 GB and has absolutely stunning graphics for the most part as well as a sizeable chunk of content.
*cough* asset flipping without the slightest idea of how to compress data into archived packs *cough cough*

Dan22

Neutrino
Nebulae
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/hunt-down-the-freeman-a-standalone-half-life-game-action#/

lol, i mean come on man realistically as possible - i don't know how successful this game will all in honesty be.

best of luck nonetheless, ill try it but it won't end well im assuming. let's just hope you removed everything from that demo video @Dan22

The demo was indeed a flop and rest assured the final game resembles nothing from that project. I actually think the team was discarded and new people joined after that demo. Also, the indiegogo obviously reflects the poorly made demo, and is not how the game is funded.

Is Keemstar a voice actor? @Dan22

He indeed is, he posted about this on his twitter a couple days ago. Also, other internet personalities have done some voice work such as Colossal is Crazy and a few more.

welcome to the Retirement

Narrative/Lore Manager
Nebulae
He indeed is, he posted about this on his twitter a couple days ago. Also, other internet personalities have done some voice work such as Colossal is Crazy and a few more.
i seriously hope you manage to get a hold of jontron.

C8hKLaRUMAAlIEv.jpg

Powley

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
The demo was indeed a flop and rest assured the final game resembles nothing from that project. I actually think the team was discarded and new people joined after that demo. Also, the indiegogo obviously reflects the poorly made demo, and is not how the game is funded.

Remove Keemstar and the games already 100x better imo