Hunt Down Freeman

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
People are honestly looking for the negative aspects straight-away before the games even out.

If you're hesitant then refrain from buying, reviews will arise and you can decide from there. This game will be destined to fail if you're inclined to believe the game will come out flawed or not to your liking right away.

I'll be a day-one purchasing guy and I'll be more then happy to refund it if it's utter shite. I haven't had a reason to think it's shit yet other then the bunch of claims they used ripoffed content which is confirmed false.
While it's hard not to judge the demo, I'm honestly critical mainly on the story side since in my opinion it doesn't sound like a good one from the get-go but it could surprise me for sure. I'm sure a lot of stories sound like crap on paper but turn out to be good

I'll prolly check it out myself too

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Also re: The content thing I'm pretty sure judging by the replies to that tweet it goes above and beyond Crowbar Collective in regards to possibly stolen content.

That's the biggest thing for me, outside of the fact the story seems... odd.

Last edited:
Reactions: List

Sparky

Proton
Nebulae
Looks like a game that's only about Freeman for the reason of leeching from the franchise. Not sure what they were aiming for but if it was to mimic Half-Life in any way, they missed it.
Couldn't agree more. Reminds me a lot of Prospekt, except that Prospekt at least tried to include some relation to the Half-Life series, even if it didn't innovate much. I mean seriously, bad voice acting and horrible cinematics? Half-Life 2 was renowned for its freedom, and even in the few "cut scenes" the game had, the player could move around and interact with objects in the mean time. If the demo is anything to go off of, this is just terrible.

Last edited:

Dan22

Neutrino
Nebulae
Just to remind you the demo is 2 years old and represents nothing of the official game. This is due to the fact that the people who made that demo are no longer developing the game and a whole new team has taken up the project. Every aspect of the story ect has been reworked or started from scratch since then. You are of course entitled to your opinion and they are important to me, but I'd suggest holding out for some gameplay footage and trailers ect that are soon to be released.

I'll post updates in terms of trailers here when they release.

Thanks!

Sparky

Proton
Nebulae
Just to remind you the demo is 2 years old and represents nothing of the official game. This is due to the fact that the people who made that demo are no longer developing the game and a whole new team has taken up the project. Every aspect of the story ect has been reworked or started from scratch since then. You are of course entitled to your opinion and they are important to me, but I'd suggest holding out for some gameplay footage and trailers ect that are soon to be released.

I'll post updates in terms of trailers here when they release.

Thanks!
I sure hope so, but I think you can understand considering that is the only example we have of the game and its gameplay/story aside from some screenshots. Hopefully I am wrong.

Khiel

Molecule
Nebulae
when you nut but she keeps sucking
ss_72260b7ffa92d8aa0cc9f11feeb63b55375b044e.1920x1080.jpg

welcome to the Retirement

Narrative/Lore Manager
Nebulae
yes! saw it! very excited to see your game :)

here's my fanart of it. i guess you could call it the first fanart EVER for the Hunt Down The Freeman Official Game :D

i call it "the soyman and the huntschad", or "hunt down the virgin"
i hope you like it :)
JjXinUG.png

Twar

The truth is out there
Nebulae
The Wallace breen voice was really off-putting

I don't wanna sound like a cunt but if you can't get either the real thing or a really good impersonator, you should use someone else entirely.

I get you want the Hl2 feel but that was really un-immersive for me.

TinPan

Needs to blow his nose
Nebulae
The Wallace breen voice was really off-putting

I don't wanna sound like a cunt but if you can't get either the real thing or a really good impersonator, you should use someone else entirely.

I get you want the Hl2 feel but that was really un-immersive for me.
I mean, Robert Culp (The guy who did the voice for Wallace Breen) is kiiiiiinda dead so I can understand why they went with a voice actor. Even then though, it sounds somewhat too high-pitched and he speaks way too quickly.

Dan22

Neutrino
Nebulae
I mean, Robert Culp (The guy who did the voice for Wallace Breen) is kiiiiiinda dead so I can understand why they went with a voice actor. Even then though, it sounds somewhat too high-pitched and he speaks way too quickly.
I shall forward this concern to the team.