B A N N E D
Nebulae
>be me
>shitty gmod mapper
>pretty okay, still have a lot to work on
>community wants a new map
>community starts talking about one map in particular
>doesn't have everything we need
>figure it'd be easy enough to get permission as most of the map is ripped from HL2
>devs get on high horse about their work
>constantly say they'll finish it eventually even though they haven't touched it in months
>insist they've recreated everything from scratch (lies lmao, they forgot to remove some entities from their map)
>pride themselves on having no stolen content
>heavily imply they think their work is extremely high quality and mine isn't

>present day
>HDTF releases, full of poorly strung-together gmod maps
>some maps have missing textures and fullbright light
>no effort put into npc spawn locations or items
>npc pathfinding is fucked, some of the load triggers don't work
>framerate is all over the place due to poor optimization
>one of the devs from the aforementioned RP map worked on this project
>one of the devs okay'd his work to be put into this """game"""
>mfw

>be me
>not starting your post with be me lets you know that im lying
>complete sociopath.. im manipulating everyone here to let them know im the victim
>i am angery they would NOT let me put my extensive immersive edits onto their map..
>KEK on a roof somewhere...
>garbage blocky extensions....
>ya .. we'll see about that buddy.
>wanna steal the glory from original maps.. make everyone use my edited maps with "nc" slapped under it...
>fuck ur work...
>fuck ur freedom
>better yet, just to show how much i fucking hate you, im greentexting on a xenforo hl2rp forum.
>and ill pride myself every second i do it..

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
I mean it isn't like the guy actually put time into his own map, he ripped a campaign map and tweaked it before slapping copyright on it (claiming he remade it from the ground up) then refused anyone else editing it because he planned to edit it at some point but hasn't touched it in literally a year now.

Powley

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
I mean it isn't like the guy actually put time into his own map, he ripped a campaign map and tweaked it before slapping copyright on it (claiming he remade it from the ground up) then refused anyone else editing it because he planned to edit it at some point but hasn't touched it in literally a year now.

is this that dan22 cunt youre on about?

Reactions: List

zigbomb

Proton
B A N N E D
Nebulae
says who

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Not only is it just a 1-1 replica of the first third of Point Insertion with a few bits slapped onto it even if he did make it himself (which undermines the 'my map' bit entirely because it's the shadiest thing ever to do to get around the fact everything except the warehouse district and the big streets are literally the first level), @Zak posted some screenshots when he decompiled it of the campaign entities the guy had forgot to remove from parts of the map.

As for the latter bit; that was the whole reason he wouldn't allow a map edit - he claimed not only was he very protective of his own work but he planned to work on it himself but he hasn't, and that was quite a long time ago now. Each update has generally had upwards of 8-12 months between them.

In effect it'd be like me taking one of your maps, making a 1-1 replica (or not and lying about it) and adding a bit more and claiming it was my original map I made from scratch and nobody could edit it.

zigbomb

Proton
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Not only is it just a 1-1 replica of the first third of Point Insertion with a few bits slapped onto it even if he did make it himself (which undermines the 'my map' bit entirely because it's the shadiest thing ever to do to get around the fact everything except the warehouse district and the big streets are literally the first level), @Zak posted some screenshots when he decompiled it of the campaign entities the guy had forgot to remove from parts of the map.

As for the latter bit; that was the whole reason he wouldn't allow a map edit - he claimed not only was he very protective of his own work but he planned to work on it himself but he hasn't, and that was quite a long time ago now. Each update has generally had upwards of 8-12 months between them.

In effect it'd be like me taking one of your maps, making a 1-1 replica (or not and lying about it) and adding a bit more and claiming it was my original map I made from scratch and nobody could edit it.
oh ok interesting

Reactions: List

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
oh ok interesting
Yeah.

When we asked him for permission to edit it he gave a really snarky response to Zak which consisted of;
>devs get on high horse about their work
>constantly say they'll finish it eventually even though they haven't touched it in months
>insist they've recreated everything from scratch (lies lmao, they forgot to remove some entities from their map)
>pride themselves on having no stolen content
>heavily imply they think their work is extremely high quality and mine isn't
Which obviously either they did steal the HL2 campaign map - and they did - or they 1-1 recreated it to be able to say "it's our map" when it can't possibly be because it isn't.

Rida

Electron
Nebulae
Looks guys, we just wanna make a good game, I understand it s not TRADITIONAL half-life style, but that was the all point, showing that Half-Life universe also can be amazing on a different perspective with different style, so we can appreciate half-life not just what it is but also what it could be! Why can't we co-exist with other mods? So other people with different taste can also enjoy this. There is hundreds of amazing Half-Life mods that uses traditional style made by amazingly talented people, and I assume some of you are also one of these people. If people want to play that kind of mods, of course they can, but we wanted to create something different. We have over 60 people worked on this project some professionals, some amateurs. We all put love into this. We just wanna make a good game at the end of the day. So if you guys wanna criticize it that's fine and we do appreciate that. That's what we need, criticism, so we can improve ourselves on our project.