Hunt Down Freeman

zigbomb

Proton
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Yeah.

When we asked him for permission to edit it he gave a really snarky response to Zak which consisted of;

Which obviously either they did steal the HL2 campaign map - and they did - or they 1-1 recreated it to be able to say "it's our map" when it literally isn't. I'd say 90% or more is literally the opening level.
im kind of confused on what you are being critical of, is it because he claimed to have made his map or is it because hes not letting you edit it or is it both

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
its a response from one of the devs and is now a meme
It scares me how many took you as serious when you posted that lmao

im kind of confused on what you are being critical of, is it because he claimed to have made his map or is it because hes not letting you edit it or is it both
The former, insofar as his attitude went. The email should be floating around somewhere in the bowels of the forum actually.

I don't pretend to be a mapper but you can at least be civil when someone points out your map is the opening chapter of HL2.

zigbomb

Proton
B A N N E D
Nebulae
It scares me how many took you as serious when you posted that lmao

The former, insofar as his attitude went. The email should be floating around somewhere in the bowels of the forum actually.

I don't pretend to be a mapper but you can at least be civil when someone points out your map is the opening chapter of HL2.
working on maps requires a different amount of input and dedication for everyone, its a hard thing to debate- its usually because of skill level. while he may not have made the individual brushwork everywhere in the map he could still say that he ported it and perhaps optimized it to an extent. its hypocritical in the sense where if its so easy and requires 0 dedication you may wonder why zak even should bother for asking for permission at all when he can just re-assemble the map himself using valve's assets- if he's so a rather good mapper.

sometimes people just dont want their shit edited and smeared like shit on a wall in the workshop, some people have root conceptualizations they want to put in their map that may conflict with people's edits.

Reactions: List

Deerjohn

Nucleus
Nebulae
game of the century
l5TUkiW.png

BK2bBtL.png

D

Deleted member 1381

strangely enough the whole sequence of exiting the hospital(which can i mention in all honesty is the most anti-hospital i've ever seen) and entering the main city which is all torn to bits is actually something i quiet like and funnily enough almost the exact image i had in mind whenever i thought of the seven hour war, even the buildings and vehicles and time of day so props to them for that i guess although its not exactly comparable to anything so who knows

Akula

Sangheili Bias
Nebulae
is it bad that the only thing I've taken personal offence too is that all the Marines are wearing US Army uniforms

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
is it bad that the only thing I've taken personal offence too is that all the Marines are wearing US Army uniforms
noticed it straight away

it pains me on so many levels

how can you even release a game on steam if you cant get uniforms right

Nebulae
I am honored to be apart of this shit storm. God bless you fellas for making the dankest of memes.

Ace

angsty teen looking for attention
Nebulae
the voiceacting is so bad, and the dialogues are so bland and retarded.

"Whats your name?"
"Sergeant-"
"Nonono I dont care about your rank! Your name"
"Mitchell xd"

"WELL THEN! SERGEANT!"