I need some help

welcome to the Retirement

Narrative/Lore Manager
Nebulae
My situation has grown quite dire, so, I'll have to resort to one last thing and ask for your help, Nebulous.

I've refrained from creating this thread for quite a while, but recently it has become apparent that there appears to be no other option for me right now. It seems my plans of supporting my family through art money have met utter failure, which I am going to elaborate on:

As you know, my region is currently in a state of civil war, and even though the shellings and shootouts have become a rare occurance, the city remains filled with misery and constant paranoia, with the DPR forces (that are currently in control of my hometown of Donetsk) conducting multiple searches and operations throughout it in an attempt to create an image of control. The city currently remains semi-isolated from the outer world.
I live with my mother and infant (6 y.o. as of today) brother, and am currently attending the local University (which functions semi-legally, issuing its students Russian diplomas), whilst my mother works as a gynecologist at one of the many local clinics. Our family has always struggled financially ever since the war broke out three years ago. But recently, things have grown much worse for us.

Several weeks ago the leader of the DPR militia, Alexander Zakharchenko, has issued a brand new set of policies, rendering any and all medical services in the city free, effectively cutting my mother's legal income down to about 4500 Russian Roubles (~75 USD) per month, which is, even by our non-existant banana state standards, a miniscule amount of money that could only cover the most basic needs for 2 weeks (if we are to talk about maintaining family).

I tried providing some additional income by trying to get a job, but I left in just tue weeks due to my health gradually starting to fail as a result of working in our harsh natural climate. After that I tried doing digital art on sites like furaffinity and deviantart, but met little success and found myself out of time and unable to combine drawing with my studies, which take up most of my day (from 8 am to 8 pm every day, excluding the homework and almost got expelled from one of the two colleges I attend.

Last week I had the unpleasant experience of fainting in the middle of the class, which got me sent to the local hospital for a check-up. I have been diagnosed with several heart conditions, most of which turned out to be a result of my constant anxiety and poor sleeping schedule, both of which have gotten worse than ever due to the constant pressure my education started bringing me ever since I finished school. They are treatable, but the drugs in my town are scarce due to the illegal nature of their delivery into the DPR . My mother took several overwhelmingly large loans to cover the medical bills, which put her even deeper in debt than she was before.

This brings us to the current day - My mother is struggling with providing us even the most basic things whilst overworking herself into oblivion, which only worsens her poor health whilst my own mental health slowly deteriorates under the constant stress of studying and the endless anxiety that I have to endure thanks to the lack of proper medication for my disorder of the same name and worsening case of gender dysphoria.

In the end, I am not trying to guilt-trip anyone, even if my hystory of dramatic behavior may suggest otherwise. The only reason I'm revealing all of this is because I ran out of viable options and can no longer remain silent about it, since venting about this in private will do nothing but dampen the mood of my friends. I understand that everything described above is nothing but a sob story to many of you, and I am perfectly fine with it. You don't need to provide moral support or pity - at the end of the day, it's just words. I am simply asking you for financial aid in order to help my mother and brother so that they can lead a relatively normal life, since, at this point, this is becoming a serious problem rather than an minor incovenience. Even five dollars would be enough to get all of us through a day, so, any help would be appreciated.

You can donate here.

I understand that this is just a roleplay community and I shouldn't get my hopes too high, but I simply lack the time, exposure and talent to organize a large gofundme or patreon campaign, and asking specific people in private is just something I deem as scummy. Many people from this community have shown me immense moral support in the past, so, my outlook may be somewhat optimistic. This is my only platform to ask for something like this.

In order to make your donations at least somewhat worth their price, I will try to do my best to pay back some of the larger donations in form of art - a system vaguely resembling that of patreon rewards.

Those who have donated 20 dollars (or more) will receive a free waist-up character sketch akin to this one.
Donations of 40 dollars are rewarded with a full-body colored and shaded character portrait, like this.
I may provide further rewards should people show interest in donating more.

But, please, don't feel like you're obliged to donate. This is a request, not a demand.
I am grateful to all of you for bringing me joy in the past, regardless of weather you helped me economically or not. This community is akin to second home to me. You've helped me grow and develop as a person. Even if I don't spend much time here nowadays, my stay at Nebulous has taught me a lot of things.

Thank you for reading this.

Luft

a bad memer
Nebulae
don't have any cash to donate to you yet, but I wish you best of luck

constantdisplay

nokia talk 2002
Premium Member
Nebulae
would donate because you're a fucking g but don't have any money to spare atm

you should start a gofundme or something similar because the whole situation is a real eye opener into this shitty war you're stuck in - I'm still surprised news about it has all but ceased

Reactions: List

Narrative/Lore Manager
Nebulae
you should start a gofundme or something similar because the whole situation is a real eye opener into this shitty war you're stuck in - I'm still surprised news about it has all but ceased
Noone would care, and I can't risk making it too public.
My mother is incredibly prideful, so, she wouldn't accept any sort of donations like that. I have to be sneaky about it and pretend I earned it.

constantdisplay

nokia talk 2002
Premium Member
Nebulae
Noone would care, and I can't risk making it too public.
My mother is incredibly prideful, so, she wouldn't accept any sort of donations like that. I have to be sneaky about it and pretend I earned it.
if I was in her predicament I'd take all the money I could get tbh

just gonna say tho
if us bastards care enough to donate then someone else probably would

Narrative/Lore Manager
Nebulae
if I was in her predicament I'd take all the money I could get tbh

just gonna say tho
if us bastards care enough to donate then someone else probably would
you people knew me for a while.

for the rest of the internet im a nobody.
i could very much be just some scammer in their eyes.
and i have little to nothing that could prove them otherwise.

Deleted member 61

donator without a cause
Nebulae
I will see if I can buy a paypal card or visa debit or something like that for twenty or forty some odd bucks and send it over.

Maybe that'll enourage you to create a Bibi Van der Westhuizen card dot dot dot..

On a serious note, I usually wouldn't do this, but considering you're under turbulent times, I'd be willing to throw down. My Ukrainian room-mate talks about it like Crimea joined Russia for better pay and standard of living, but I'm not sure how much that applies to Dontesk.

I'm only a student with no disposable income, but considering I'm buying weed pens, I might as well give it to someone who actually needs the dosh.

Off to class, I'll try to come back with something.

Redneck

um guy
Nebulae
you people knew me for a while.

for the rest of the internet im a nobody.
i could very much be just some scammer in their eyes.
and i have little to nothing that could prove them otherwise.
dude, just saying, a lot of people pay money for much sillier and stupider shit
a lot of people will just need your word, i'm sure of it, you should try

Tarannus

Some of the time takes pictures
Nebulae
uyhQmK0l.jpg

A man fell into a hole.

He desperately tried to get out, but saw no options.

A priest walked by. He yelled to him.
The priest wrote a prayer, and went on his way.

A doctor came by. He yelled to him.
The doctor wrote a prescription, and went on his way.

After some time, a friend came - because he heard a voice in need.
Looking down, the friend jumped into the hole blindly.

'Why did you do that?' he said to his friend, 'Now you're stuck here too!'

The friend looked around, patted the walls, and nodded.

'You see. . . I've been here before. These walls are very familiar. . . ' 'And I'll help in any way to dig you out.'

I consider myself fortunate to call you a friend. You called, and I'll help you any way I can.
Be safe.

-Tar

PilotBland

community antagonizer
Nebulae
do you take tokens?

no but seriously sucks man, sent ya a itty-bitty titty but tbh it's a drop in a big ol ocean sorta deal but stay well etc

Trains

ms paint artist extraordinaire
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
i’ll see what I can do

Todias

Electron
Nebulae
I may not know you well, Hoov, but I know you make good memes and draw really well. I'll give you my prayers as for now until I have the financial space to support you. I wish you and your family the best. Stay safe, Roleplayer. You mean as much to us as we do to you. <3

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I wish I was allowed paypal.

I'd donate all my fuckin birthday money to you.

BANE47

Washed up S2Ker
Nebulae
Good luck even though I don't know you but you sound like the poor people from gaza when they were at war , my dad donated money to them but I really can't donate as I am a student like everybody else and I got no work .. If I am able to donate I won't hesitate. I wish you good luck in your situation.

Stalkerino

Proton
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Hey, i used to live in ukraine. It feels fucking bad when i see this kind of posts. i wish you best of luck and i'll try to get some spare money.

ElectricTaco

Electron
Nebulae
Hey, don't lose hope man,it WILL get better over time. On the other side I'm mad at myself since I'm very close to you (from geographical view ) and I really can't help you in any material way or donate any money and I hate to say it but I wish you strenght and all you need in these times.
All best from:
Taco

E: what is the current currency where you live?

Last edited: