Serious If Nebulous made another serious RP server on Helix

• Thread starter Deleted member 4795
  • Start date

comradic

Molecule
Nebulae
I'd love a stand-alone event-based setup based in the universe.

STALKER is a lot like FalloutRP IMO: only works well if you don't slam every faction in and try and make it work.
there is absolutely no way you can do the interfaction wars like freedom vs duty without having a shitfest.

Would be fun though, maybe one day.

Reactions: List

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
there is absolutely no way you can do the interfaction wars like freedom vs duty without having a shitfest.

Would be fun though, maybe one day.
99% of servers that include every faction literally just end up becoming Duty vs Freedom RP with everyone else being in the background and it sucks.

comradic

Molecule
Nebulae
99% of servers that include every faction literally just end up becoming Duty vs Freedom RP with everyone else being in the background and it sucks.
well all the other factions still hate each other, and fuck me playing MONOLITH would be so fucking cool, but it will never happen :(

Ricsow

professional retard
HL2 RP Administrator
Media Developer
Nebulae
Desktop_Screenshot_2020.10.05_-_17.17.03.89.png

@Postal

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
28 days later roleplay
stasiland but no NATO army and involving chemical weapons

cursed slav city featuring militias, barely-holding-together state army filled with crazies, deserters and the mole people.

Most non-serious servers let players start off as Class Ds, which is awfully boring however, in a serious RP setting you could let players start off as researchers, security officers or service staff and actually keep Class Ds for events, but then you have to avoid becoming Black Mesa RP.
how's that a problem, really? it's an office environment for the most part, not a constant horror game

stalker....
it's all fun and games until some admin self-supplies themselves with the gauss rifle

Unfortunately, the concept of a human character with an inhumane power that isn't event-restricted is sorta smth neb players can't deal with properly, so it was prone to drama and bullchickenery.
the people in charge of mutant powers really dropped the fucking ball

it's proof why no players should get X advantage over another beyond script items, there's ways to get/avoid/steal them.
you can't really do the same when MAGNETO MAN comes out of nowhere and tries to kill you with 90 metal objects

Deleted member 61

donator without a cause
Nebulae
An Arizona based mutant apocalypse, much like Frundtech with heavy Americana influence, similar to that of Fallout New Vegas spliced with Wasteland 2/3 and paranormal activity.

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
An Arizona based mutant apocalypse, much like Frundtech with heavy Americana influence, similar to that of Fallout New Vegas spliced with Wasteland 2/3 and paranormal activity.
most of the desert maps are utter shit

besides, ""mutants"" have proven to be a poor concept when executed, as past history has shown. better to just irradiate the fuck out of everything and make it grimdark, "need-to-steal-from-my-neighbors-to-survive" styled hell.

constantdisplay

nokia talk 2002
Nebulae
a purely event based server

honestly i feel like running themed server "campaigns" at set times for a set period of time, with a set theme has way more potential to be interesting than any open ended 24/7 server like hl2rp or ww3rp, and it would allow for more flexibility/exploration on what ppl are actually interested in

Postal

Molecule
Nebulae
a purely event based server

honestly i feel like running themed server "campaigns" at set times for a set period of time, with a set theme has way more potential to be interesting than any open ended 24/7 server like hl2rp or ww3rp, and it would allow for more flexibility/exploration on what ppl are actually interested in

command and conquer tiberium wars

D

Deleted member 7085

Papers Please

Give me my Arstotzka and Kolechia conflict

Give me border attacks

Give me EZIC

LONG LIVE EZIC!

Strixz

The real OG
Nebulae
Experiment but serious text rp would be genius. Now that I think of it, i reckon headstaff used it to see who the dickheads are and what people are like. Maybe they have profiles on everyone who played, who knows.
Consiprac theories aside, a good populated metro server would bang.

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
Consiprac theories aside, a good populated metro server would bang.
would just be clockwork rebelRP but with slavs and "muh soviet/nazi rp"

pass

Experiment but serious text rp would be genius
experiment but the environment is a chemical warfare ridden city filled with slavs and conspiracy theories would undeniably be good