Suggestion Increase Civil Protection sprint speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Numbers

ok
Nebulae
if anything's destroying rp for the rebels it's the fact that there's so much fucking daily s2k that they cant just sit there and rp at all. i know of 3 resistance leaders that have decided to quit until next map purely because the constant s2k is making shit unfathomably dry and unfun for them
stupid take, the only S2K engagement that's worth anyone's time is a station raid, and these happen once a day

the rest is filler, optional to partake in, inconsequential, because the shore is never hit without my oversight

people really just wanna get kills under their character's belt

Reactions: List

Pyromaniac

rob-approved!
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
you are completely missing my point;

the existence of vendors in of themselves is annihilating the potential for a fuckton of rp by itself

if anything's destroying rp for the rebels it's the fact that there's so much fucking daily s2k that they cant just sit there and rp at all. i know of 3 resistance leaders that have decided to quit until next map purely because the constant s2k is making shit unfathomably dry and unfun for them
I am realizing you and I are probably on a slightly different basis of the definition of a vendor. I am speaking of a terminal that unlike storage just has a set amount of X item it can hold (70 Mp7's for example) or infinite amount, then these items can be bought (withdrawn) and sold (put back).

When I talk about Vendors I mean having a central form of terminal that can be accessed by people to 'buy' and 'sell' weapons.

Having 120 Mp7s (A large amount) to me is not an issue, what I hear you recommend and perhaps I am having trouble understanding that is having a consistently low amount/difficulty to attain such weapons. If this is not what you are saying then I apologize.

Thinking about it, I wonder if there is a way to allow certain rebel characters get a class which would allow them to access to a central storage vendor of certain weapons. These weapons would still be limited (Does not mean low, can be 100, 200, etc) and could be resupplied every so often. Likewise on cops but that's the RL class and I believe it already is that way

Subeh

john rebelrp
Nebulae
the rest is filler, optional to partake in, inconsequential,
so u expect rebels to see a fight (the reason their characters are there in the first place) and just ignore it, knowing that if they opt to ignore it their character/group is going to face catching flak because of the fact they ignored it? you expect them to ignore it despite them knowing full well that their character is a fighter - somebody there to win a war - and that's just, yknow, normal for a fighter to do?

you can't build a server around the concept of a war and then say to people "yeah if u dont wanna partake in the fights then just ignore them ic bro.", thats bordering on telling people to start oocly ignoring things that are happening and it's creating an insanely unhealthy disconnect between rp and fighting

Numbers

ok
Nebulae
so u expect rebels to see a fight (the reason their characters are there in the first place) and just ignore it, knowing that if they opt to ignore it their character/group is going to face catching flak because of the fact they ignored it? you expect them to ignore it despite them knowing full well that their character is a fighter - somebody there to win a war - and that's just, yknow, normal for a fighter to do?

you can't build a server around the concept of a war and then say to people "yeah if u dont wanna partake in the fights then just ignore them ic bro.", thats bordering on telling people to start oocly ignoring things that are happening and it's creating an insanely unhealthy disconnect between rp and fighting
on the contrary I've seen people complain that randoms keep joining them to fight which fucks up their planning - yes, I expect people to take a break if the fight itself fundamentally is pointless and they recognize such - criticize the people giving you flak for not partaking in a useless fight and wasting urself on something non critical

there's seriously no justification to taking a fight all the way out to say, RB6, when that area of the map is usually fucking empty, after a station raid has already been done for the day

most of rebels' actually impactful ops have been hit and run anyway (sabotaging generators/apc destruction/attempting to hit warehouse)

Tinbe

Molecule
Nebulae
Methinks part of that is because the opposing sides have differing perspectives on the size of rebel territory.
To Combine, rebel territory begins with an asterisk after warehouse, and the rebel territory begins with an exclamation mark after the restaurant.
To rebels, rebel territory is anywhere on their side of the bridge. To see Combine on their turf (aka, again, their side of the bridge) is an affront to the resistance, and must be driven out.

Subeh

john rebelrp
Nebulae
on the contrary I've seen people complain that randoms keep joining them to fight which fucks up their planning - yes, I expect people to take a break if the fight itself fundamentally is pointless and they recognize such - criticize the people giving you flak for not partaking in a useless fight and wasting urself on something non critical

there's seriously no justification to taking a fight all the way out to say, RB6, when that area of the map is usually fucking empty, after a station raid has already been done for the day

most of rebels' actually impactful ops have been hit and run anyway (sabotaging generators/apc destruction/attempting to hit warehouse)
when a massive chunk of combine offenses logically put the rebels' home at incredible risk (bearing in mind that the concept of an 'auth-only-zone' has no place ic, to the rebels their home could get invaded at literally any second), a good chunk of rebels feel as if they have no choice but to participate in the next fight that's gonna happen

yes, as you say, a lot of the time there's justification for not participating in a fight ic but unfortunately it's not always that black and white.

if more rebels learned to back themselves off from fights if they dont wanna participate in them then sure, maybe the issue wouldnt be quite as bad.

Numbers

ok
Nebulae
Methinks part of that is because the opposing sides have differing perspectives on the size of rebel territory.
To Combine, rebel territory begins with an asterisk after warehouse, and the rebel territory begins with an exclamation mark after the restaurant.
To rebels, rebel territory is anywhere on their side of the bridge. To see Combine on their turf (aka, again, their side of the bridge) is an affront to the resistance, and must be driven out.
yeah but that's just the players doing this continuously, we don't actually incentivize fighting in rb6 because there's no fucking objectives there!!!!!

what does the combine get out of holding rb6? absolutely nothing we don't even reward their random patrols and we don't want to, because then it would make all these random s2k bouts consequential

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
I think the other issue is that because rebels are not a unified faction like The Combine are, you generally won't drain everyone's fighting potential at once. Individual groups might run low for a little while but there's usually one or two more that can pick up the slack until the next round of supplies come in.

By contrast, as seen in early-mid Apoc, you wipe out a cop patrol or two and there's a solid chance the next time they're trying to pick away at rebels with pistols.

I also don't think the vendor is the cause for cops being more happy to push - its something both sides do and have done, regardless of their weapon situation (see the EOW base raid as the most famous example I can bring to mind).

if more rebels learned to back themselves off from fights if they dont wanna participate in them then sure, maybe the issue wouldnt be quite as bad.

This is a big part too though.

People don't take things in the context of this being a prolonged battle against a fairly well supplied force in a semi-functional city, they take it in the strict context of "we must win this particular battle here and now" - and again I have seen both sides do this sadly.

Status
Not open for further replies.