Innawoods Thread - Apocalypse Survival

ruben slikk

life aint shut but a fat vagin
Nebulae
MUST BE OPENED IN INTERNET EXPLORER, DOES NOT WORK IN CHROME.
This link works for chrome http://www.innawoods.net/swf/InnaWoods.swf

Gonna make a loadout based on what I have in my mouse atm, and assuming it happens during winter where I live, adapting to my region.

EkITZ1h.png

The rifle is a thumbhole stock MOLOT Vepr .308. Very good rifle, pretty reliable, shot it a bunch, though it belongs to my father.

In the messenger bag are medical supplies. There are two free spots, which I will get to later.

In the backpack is food and plenty water, along with the necessary stuff to cook. There's rope, duct tape and a swiss army knife for any fixing I might have to do, and a gun cleaning kit for the rifle. There's a map and a flashlight, self explanatory. A shovel to dig a latrine (as this is based around camping out of the city) and toilet paper. The matches, food and canteen in the bottom right of the bag should be going in the messenger bag, while in that spot should be three magazines for the gun (which I forgot to add), along with a rolled up sleeping bag and tent.

In the pocket slots are my keys, a flare, binoculars, a watch, my passport incase the authorities intervene, and a compass

Warwick

Mum Looks Like Tracy Beaker
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
hPc5KSc.jpg

Rundown:
(I live in the UK, so for me, guns are a no-go. Hunting's also pretty much off the cards, but a lot of people over-estimate how long this kind of thing would last. Either way.)

Shit I already have.
  • Black Windbreaker (Nice and warm, lots of pockets.)
  • Cap to obscure face and protect from sun.
  • Ski goggles to protect from sun, and to protect eyes.
  • Keffiyeh to obscure face.
  • Hiking backpack, carries a lot.
  • Messenger bag, extra space.
  • Maglite torch. Incredibly durable and bright.
  • Wallet. Never know if you'll need it.
  • Matchbox. Obvious.
  • Four water bottles. Ration to one per day, drink dispensible water at other times.
  • Bag of rice. Easy food to carry and cook.
  • Canteen. Easy small amounts of water or liquid.
  • Two packs of smokes. I'll still need them.
  • Warm blanket. Keeps me alive at night.
  • Sleeping bag, same story.
  • Anti-biotics; I don't want to die because I ate a dodgy sausage.
  • Hotdogs. They keep forever, don't they?
  • Meat in a can. Gross, but it'll keep for a while.
  • Painkillers. Self-explanatory.
  • Bandages. Once again, self explanatory.
  • Toothbrush, toothpaste, toilet roll. Hygiene.
  • Swiss Army Knife - Never as useful as you expect it to be, but always good to have.
  • Kitchen Knife. Good in a pinch.
Shit I don't have.
  • Flint and steel. You need to start fires somehow.
  • Walkie talkie. Good to keep in contact with others.
  • Protein bars, jerky etc. Keep grazing during the day.
  • Box of hardtack. It's gross, but it's calories.
  • 4MREs, an MRE is a day's calories. That's four days you don't have to worry about.
  • Jerry cans of water. Easily gotten hold of, and they're good to KEEP water in, not transport it.
  • Axe. Easy to buy, easier to use.

Reactions: List

Zak

Resident xenophile
Nebulae
nZ7VPf.png

Realistically I could carry more than this but I stuck with the essentials and the amount of slots given to me. The only items below that I don't have are the sidearm + ammo, but they're all over the place. Shouldn't be hard to scrounge one up from somewhere.

• Glasses, because duh. Can't see fuck all without them.
  • A scarf to serve for both concealment and warmth.
  • Ski jacket over a sweatshirt over a T-shirt. Buffalo winters are cold, and I can easily shed layers during the summer if need be. To be honest, I'd rather be in an apocalypse during winter. Meat keeps longer, less people would be likely to come up north looking for gear, and snow is a terrific insulator.
  • Jeans with flannel PJ pants underneath. Again, can shed layers.
  • Two layers of gloves. A thick pair of ski gloves for keeping warm, and a layer of thin woolen gloves underneath in case I need more precision without totally sacrificing warmth.
  • Hiking boots. Interchangeable with snow boots for winter.
  • At least two spare pairs of socks. Wet socks can be deadly in cold conditions.
  • Colt M1911A1 with a flashlight taped under the barrel for convenience. Don't actually have one lying around, but at least three of the neighbors do, and odds are they'd be more likely to try and evacuate than hold their ground.
  • Spare AAA batteries for said flashlight.
  • No more than three magazines. If you need more than 21 rounds at your immediate disposal, you're basically fucked anyway.
  • A few boxes of spare ammo. Should be common enough.
  • A small hatchet, easily secured to the belt. Versatile as a tool, not so much as a weapon.
  • An 8-inch folding knife. Easily clipped to belts, waistbands, straps, etc. Very useful.
  • Two Nalgene water bottles. Those things are goddamn indestructible, and they're so basic in design that the chances of having to fix them or having issues with them is almost nonexistent. Finding fresh water won't be an issue for me since I live a stone's throw from Lake Erie, one of the largest sources of fresh water on the planet.
  • At least four cans of Spam. It keeps for a long time even in room temperature conditions, easily cooked, packed with sodium and calories, and pretty damn tasty when grilled over a fire.
  • Two elastic ACE bandages. Not just useful as bandages, they can be used as splints, twisted up to be used as rope in an emergency, and are generally useful for far more than inflexible gauze padding. Not as sterile, true, but that's the trade-off.
  • Wide, thick band-aids. Because not every nick and scratch needs a whole application of gauze.
  • Ibuprofen or some other basic painkiller. Easy to find, effective enough for most minor injuries.
  • Vitamins. Because there's no guarantee that you'll get a nutritionally balanced diet through scavenging and hunting alone.
  • Some kind of broad-spectrum antibiotics. Not perfect for specific infections, but good enough.
  • At least two rolls of duct tape. I don't even need to explain why.
  • My trusty Zippo. I can start a fire with nothing but slightly damp wood, paper, and a bit of time, but it never hurts to save time.
  • Lighter fluid and spare flints. A single 24oz bottle of fluid can last me over a year if I ration it, ditto three spare flints.
  • Polyester/nylon sleeping bag, insulated and rated for at least 0 degrees Fahrenheit. Can be rolled up to less than two feet of cubic space, if done properly.
  • A block of flint, because it never hurts to have a backup.
  • A military-style compass. If you don't know basic map-and-compass orienteering, go and learn how. It's incredibly simple and incredibly useful, in a theoretical scenario where global positioning systems stop working for one reason or the other..
  • An aluminum mess kit with utensils. Everything you need to prepare all sorts of meals in a compact, easily washed, easily stored package.
  • A molotov cocktail, just purely for shits and giggles. It'd probably never get used but I had nothing else I could think of to fill that slot.