job confessions

Oxy[Morons]

ส็ส็็ส็็็็ส็็็็ส็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็ส็็็็ส็็็็ส็็ส็
Nebulae
when I worked as a driver for amazon, whenever someone was rude or obnoxious in their delivery notes I would skip their stop and move it to the end of my route. if they called me bad words in their note, or wrote something like 'how hard it is to find my job you stupid fucking drivers?' I would lock up my truck and shut the door so nobody could see me and the cameras wouldnt see, and then proceed to kick the shit out of whatever their package was and hope that whatever was inside was broken. it would make them go through the much, much worse process for returning broken products instead of just getting their delivery a few hours late

around christmas time I had a bottle of deer urine break open inside of someones bag and spill onto me. I had to deliver packages that probably smelled like deer piss to a bunch of people christmas week

whenever we'd get packages on our trucks that weren't on our itinerary, most drivers (myself included) would open the package and decide if it was something we'd want. if not, then it would be returned to the warehouse as damaged, if it was then we'd just take it home. it wouldn't delay the customer any more than it already has, since those packages would be returned to the warehouse regardless at the end of the day. almost every time it occurred either I or another driver would see the package on a route the next day, regardless of it was taken or not by someone

about three weeks after I started working for amazon roughly a year ago, they stopped supplying water to drivers. I live two hours away from phoenix in the arizona desert, I would go through double digits in water bottles throughout the day which amazon definitely could have supplied to us with not a single dent in their profits. instead I had to spend a good chunk of my pay just to have water at work and not die

there was a fly infestation at my warehouse, so when we were loading out our trucks in the morning we would see countless dead flies all over everything. chances are it caused some bad fly issues in some peoples homes, since it was hundreds if not thousands

I was encouraged by my dispatchers to deliver damaged packages in all states it was in, unless the barcodes on the label weren't scannable. even if I wanted to return damaged products back to the warehouse, it hurt my metrics as a driver and I would be reprimanded at the end of the week when our scorecards got published

I had to drive vehicles without functional airbags, dying tires, missing headlights, turn signals and brake lights. when I tried to report the issues in the mornings I was instead told not to tell amazon directly like I was trained to, and instead inform the dispatchers of the problems which would then never be fixed. I wasnt driving the smaller vans very long, but their condition made it actually scary to drive

companies contracted with amazon had guidelines they had to follow, but would have no restrictions in how they could apply the guidelines. this lead to scenarios where, despite amazon policy saying one thing, company policy was far different. infighting between drivers was encouraged where taking other peoples packages could have you earn a bonus, and the other driver would be shit out of luck - making no bonus cash and losing hourly pay as you're taking their work
wy2eihP.png

ULbl8au.png

amazon drivers are required to use an app called Mentor which links to your driver account and the company vehicle. you get infractions for hard braking, acceleration, no seatbelt, running a stop sign and so on. a decent portion of us figured out that you could bypass this by logging in on your own phone then just leaving it in your own car, or by forcing the process to stop after you login. eventually, it got to the point where some of us simply stopped logging in entirely, and nothing was ever done about it. despite being with the company for a year, and most other drivers in roughly the same boat, they barely ever maintained our scorecards. most metrics that we should have had marked just weren't, so if we wanted to see how well we were doing we simply couldn't. every driver, regardless of actual score had the exact same ranking
iqRZmdC.png
i will celebrate the day you sit in court

Oxy[Morons]

Nebulae
if that upset you then you would be horrified of what happens in the warehouse
you are not innocent for your complacency in the face of your environment. you are not a victim of your surroundings. you will sit in the hague and answer for your crimes against your class, wageslave

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
I'm late but honestly Pitbulls aren't worse than any other type of dog - it is almost entirely down to how they're raised and trained, which for a lot of cases in America isn't exactly to a good standard (if they're trained at all).

On top of that they usually suffer from dog reactivity, will bite and not let go and have high prey drives. All dogs have the potential to see a small, fast moving thing and want to chase it - which is why you shouldn't leave babies or smaller animals unattended around any sort of dog.

Reactions: List

Woody

Neutrino
Nebulae
Used to work as a waiter. Was employee of the month, always reliable and picking up extra shifts. My boss loved me and would always make sure my shit was sorted out. End of summer was coming up and fathers day was closing in. Now since I was on a probationary period I was not under any contractual obligations to give notice before leaving. So after being given all the longest shitty shifts on low ass pay for months on end I waited until the day before we were fully booked out on all tables for fathers day and quit after getting my pay the weekend before.

Muted my phone the next day and never heard back since. Complete asshole move but its the dumb shit you do when your a teenager.

CookieDealer

Detailed descriptions? Fuck off.
Nebulae
Due to miscommunication, I was exposed to COVID-19 by a person that I wasn't supposed to visit, but still was in my schedule because planners never removed it.
I got a panicked phone call in the middle of the visit and the coworker told me to get back to office immediately, which I did.

I was supposed to write a deviation report but I never got a chance to do it, so it essentially slipped through the fingers and so no investigation was never held and it was like nothing happened.

I took a few PCR tests and they call up negative and I had recently taken my 3rd dose of vaccine so hopefully no harm done.

aperson

Molecule
Nebulae
job confessions?

i worked in a supermarket in from my teens until 22
it was fucking awful

fuck management and fuck the general population of england
what supermarket
working at m&s and its p chill tho i only have to deal with pensioners

Oxy[Morons]

Nebulae
my job confession is that I haven’t been late to work for three years because I am a good self respecting worker

Reactions: List

maxi

maxiboy
Nebulae
i was once late to work on purpose so i could go to tescos and get a 6 pack of plain poppadoms

Grim Oblivion

I said pick. up. the ass.
Nebulae
So uh, my turn? Okay.

So for those that don't know, I work Security and often times its normally pretty boring on Mondays. On this particular monday I take a bathroom break. While I'm doing my thing I hear a call for a physical disturbance, all officers respond. "Oh shit." I think to myself, but the turtle head is nearly fully developed and I'm strapped in for the time being. So the whole time between trying to shove a shit out, and furiously Indian burn my ass with 50 cent China made TP, I'm hearing so much commotion on the radio and requesting PD assistance. By the time I race out of the rest room and get to the scene, there were five people involved, two who started the fight (and attempted to rob a woman) ran off, two bystanders that were FUCKED up by a knife defending the woman and a woman the two guys tried to rob.

At least I didnt have to write that report. :)

avralwobniar

Atom
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
So uh, my turn? Okay.

So for those that don't know, I work Security and often times its normally pretty boring on Mondays. On this particular monday I take a bathroom break. While I'm doing my thing I hear a call for a physical disturbance, all officers respond. "Oh shit." I think to myself, but the turtle head is nearly fully developed and I'm strapped in for the time being. So the whole time between trying to shove a shit out, and furiously Indian burn my ass with 50 cent China made TP, I'm hearing so much commotion on the radio and requesting PD assistance. By the time I race out of the rest room and get to the scene, there were five people involved, two who started the fight (and attempted to rob a woman) ran off, two bystanders that were FUCKED up by a knife defending the woman and a woman the two guys tried to rob.

At least I didnt have to write that report. :grinning:
a good poo knows the best time to leave

Deleted member 442

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
I've been taking lots of naps.

No one questions it and I'm typically left to sleep far longer than I expected.

I've slept for over half a shift and I am unashamed.

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
I've been taking lots of naps.

No one questions it and I'm typically left to sleep far longer than I expected.

I've slept for over half a shift and I am unashamed.
based as fuck