job confessions

D

Deleted member 22

When I was working at supermarkets I was a shady Saul Goodman type huckster in customer service, did really good with it, never had a voice raised at me, always got customer praise sent to managers with rewards in it on my end, raises etc

Even walker around with some absurd little American flag pin in my lapel worked the smile the boomers loved me and I was raised/paid accordingly

Reactions: List

Angel

she/her/they nonbinary transfem
Nebulae
Reading this thread was a terrible experience
some of you are terrible Humans holy hell

Ricsow

professional retard
HL2 RP Administrator
Media Developer
Nebulae
Had to throw away a coffee someone got from the machine for me (for which I didn’t actually ask him about it was just a welcoming thing) because it was really bad, drank like half of it before tossing it away though

For anyone curious it was a Irish cappuccino I think

Postal

Molecule
Nebulae
Had to throw away a coffee someone got from the machine for me (for which I didn’t actually ask him about it was just a welcoming thing) because it was really bad, drank like half of it before tossing it away though

For anyone curious it was a Irish cappuccino I think
probably because the cappuccino was 99% potato

GreyRuns

Neutrino
Nebulae
I used to work as a nursing assistant for a hospital. Lots of patients think we have a small number of people we take care of and we don't do much other than get snacks and bathe them. Not true at all. On top of taking vitals every four hours and bathing and feeding and turning patients every two hours, we help the nurses and doctors out when they do bedside procedures. I even helped restrain combative patience, and have performed chest compressions on numerous people - and put many in body bags and carted them to the morgue.

We'd have fourteen people, all of them sick, in our assignment. When Covid hit they at first cut it down to eight patients, but eventually they let the hospital administrators put us back at 1 nursing assistant to 14 - 16 covid patients. Mind you, we were the first and only designated covid unit in the hospital since the pandemic began. We basically became an ICU. While the CNA workload intensified, nurses only had three patients to themselves.

So yeah, that's why I'm not going to work as a nursing assistant ever again. Not for that particular hospital at least.

avralwobniar

Atom
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
when I worked as a driver for amazon, whenever someone was rude or obnoxious in their delivery notes I would skip their stop and move it to the end of my route. if they called me bad words in their note, or wrote something like 'how hard it is to find my job you stupid fucking drivers?' I would lock up my truck and shut the door so nobody could see me and the cameras wouldnt see, and then proceed to kick the shit out of whatever their package was and hope that whatever was inside was broken. it would make them go through the much, much worse process for returning broken products instead of just getting their delivery a few hours late

around christmas time I had a bottle of deer urine break open inside of someones bag and spill onto me. I had to deliver packages that probably smelled like deer piss to a bunch of people christmas week

whenever we'd get packages on our trucks that weren't on our itinerary, most drivers (myself included) would open the package and decide if it was something we'd want. if not, then it would be returned to the warehouse as damaged, if it was then we'd just take it home. it wouldn't delay the customer any more than it already has, since those packages would be returned to the warehouse regardless at the end of the day. almost every time it occurred either I or another driver would see the package on a route the next day, regardless of it was taken or not by someone

about three weeks after I started working for amazon roughly a year ago, they stopped supplying water to drivers. I live two hours away from phoenix in the arizona desert, I would go through double digits in water bottles throughout the day which amazon definitely could have supplied to us with not a single dent in their profits. instead I had to spend a good chunk of my pay just to have water at work and not die

there was a fly infestation at my warehouse, so when we were loading out our trucks in the morning we would see countless dead flies all over everything. chances are it caused some bad fly issues in some peoples homes, since it was hundreds if not thousands

I was encouraged by my dispatchers to deliver damaged packages in all states it was in, unless the barcodes on the label weren't scannable. even if I wanted to return damaged products back to the warehouse, it hurt my metrics as a driver and I would be reprimanded at the end of the week when our scorecards got published

I had to drive vehicles without functional airbags, dying tires, missing headlights, turn signals and brake lights. when I tried to report the issues in the mornings I was instead told not to tell amazon directly like I was trained to, and instead inform the dispatchers of the problems which would then never be fixed. I wasnt driving the smaller vans very long, but their condition made it actually scary to drive

companies contracted with amazon had guidelines they had to follow, but would have no restrictions in how they could apply the guidelines. this lead to scenarios where, despite amazon policy saying one thing, company policy was far different. infighting between drivers was encouraged where taking other peoples packages could have you earn a bonus, and the other driver would be shit out of luck - making no bonus cash and losing hourly pay as you're taking their work
wy2eihP.png

ULbl8au.png

amazon drivers are required to use an app called Mentor which links to your driver account and the company vehicle. you get infractions for hard braking, acceleration, no seatbelt, running a stop sign and so on. a decent portion of us figured out that you could bypass this by logging in on your own phone then just leaving it in your own car, or by forcing the process to stop after you login. eventually, it got to the point where some of us simply stopped logging in entirely, and nothing was ever done about it. despite being with the company for a year, and most other drivers in roughly the same boat, they barely ever maintained our scorecards. most metrics that we should have had marked just weren't, so if we wanted to see how well we were doing we simply couldn't. every driver, regardless of actual score had the exact same ranking
iqRZmdC.png

Zeenz

Atom
Premium Member
Nebulae
so uh people legit straight up confessing crimes here...neato.... Yeah I'm not gonna do that so the glowies can track me down and snitch on me... @front @ovxy looking at you two

D

Deleted member 22

A customer gave me his dog to watch, he wasn't supposed to but he kind of stuffed his pitbulls leash in my hand and said "I need to go inside please can you hold this"

Long story short I couldn't, it thing went berserk for no reason and almost ripped my arm off, I felt real bad this guys animal he trusted me to watch ripped free of its leash and twisted its way from its collar (even though he shouldn't have given it to me in the first place, I shouldn't have accepted either but he kinda just dumped it at my hands and went into a store.

In my defense I tried as hard as I humanly could to keep a random pitbull from ripping itself out of its own collar and leash, but those things are strong

Chased after the dog through three parking lots, chased it across a highway and managed ro chase it to some woods in the suburbs. Dog was found fine, I was just happy little guy didn't get hit, will admit I felt so horrible about it all I offered to my managers to resign for the incident

avralwobniar

Atom
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
so uh people legit straight up confessing crimes here...neato.... Yeah I'm not gonna do that so the glowies can track me down and snitch on me... @front @ovxy looking at you two
tbf a vast majority of what was admitted here is very clearly some bullshit that never happened
A customer gave me his dog to watch, he wasn't supposed to but he kind of stuffed his pitbulls leash in my hand and said "I need to go inside please can you hold this"

Long story short I couldn't, it thing went berserk for no reason and almost ripped my arm off, I felt real bad this guys animal he trusted me to watch ripped free of its leash and twisted its way from its collar (even though he shouldn't have given it to me in the first place, I shouldn't have accepted either but he kinda just dumped it at my hands and went into a store.

In my defense I tried as hard as I humanly could to keep a random pitbull from ripping itself out of its own collar and leash, but those things are strong

Chased after the dog through three parking lots, chased it across a highway and managed ro chase it to some woods in the suburbs. Dog was found fine, I was just happy little guy didn't get hit, will admit I felt so horrible about it all I offered to my managers to resign for the incident
shit happens. the fact that your feelings weren't self-centered and that you went through those lengths to get the dog back says a lot about your character, though

shit

Atom
Nebulae

mfer ran to the nearest child to maul

Revanox

Nucleus
HL2 RP Senior Administrator
Nebulae

Respectable that you wanted to keep the pitbull in check, those dogs are nasty if they go into attack mode and see you as threat

Revanox

Nucleus
HL2 RP Senior Administrator
Nebulae
I don’t think I can comment here
I think I also can't, but it includes Porsche, a Karen, and her repair costing 1600€ more due to entitlement to a *fully* cleaned car