job confessions

Zak

Resident xenophile
Nebulae
from the various jobs i've had over the past three years
  • i abuse the fact that i have an implant in my hip to get out of literally anything labor-intensive if i don't feel like it
  • if people were massive dicks when calling and refused to take me at my word when telling them "we don't have x" or whatever, i'd put them on hold for about 20 minutes and then hang up, which also conveniently prevented any other calls from going through to my line
  • there was a big snowstorm once and we had literally no customers all night, so i put on my jacket and took a nap in the walk-in freezer
  • would intentionally """forget""" to charge people extra for additional condiments or extra prep or stuff like that if they were particularly nice, or were regular customers
  • assholes got sold damaged items over the better-condition ones

Reactions: List

Husky

Nebulae
I'm currently in the toilet of my workplace because it's 35-40 degrees on the shop floor and I physically cannot tolerate the heat while stacking shelves. (We have no air conditioning)

Hayden

Quark
Nebulae
When I was on work-placement in some shitty School for a few weeks as a I.T. Techie, I worked with 3 other people. I was pretty much told to do the smaller things

Anyways

It wasn't a busy day, and they were goofing around a lot. The Team Leader told me to leave and fetch them a "long stand". Which, me being a fucking idiot thought they were being serious. They tell me to go to the Cafeteria at first and I do so. I end up being sent on a 2 hour journey trying to find this thing, eventually being told that "Oh, it was left on the roof."

So!

I ended up on the roof. Looking around for a long stand. Eventually, Security came up and asked what the fuck I was doing, after explaining it, he laughed, said it was a joke, and then just dropped me off back in the Cafeteria where I sat there for the rest of the day eating free hash browns and playing some shitty mobile game.

Was fun

Postal

Molecule
Nebulae
When I was on work-placement in some shitty School for a few weeks as a I.T. Techie, I worked with 3 other people. I was pretty much told to do the smaller things

Anyways

It wasn't a busy day, and they were goofing around a lot. The Team Leader told me to leave and fetch them a "long stand". Which, me being a fucking idiot thought they were being serious. They tell me to go to the Cafeteria at first and I do so. I end up being sent on a 2 hour journey trying to find this thing, eventually being told that "Oh, it was left on the roof."

So!

I ended up on the roof. Looking around for a long stand. Eventually, Security came up and asked what the fuck I was doing, after explaining it, he laughed, said it was a joke, and then just dropped me off back in the Cafeteria where I sat there for the rest of the day eating free hash browns and playing some shitty mobile game.

Was fun

ahahahahaha

Nebulae

Anyways

So!

Was fun
b-baited

Nicrobe

Lord of Ineptitude
Nebulae

Anyways

So!

Was fun

I love screwing around with people. I once told a student a microscope was broken, took him 2 hours and a whole lunch break to realise it actually was just not plugged. Or when I told them wearing three layers of latex is equivalent to a single nitrile glove. They fell for it and I watched them through an entirety of an hour struggle with mitten-thick layers of gloves until I broke down and lost my shit laughing.

D

Deleted member 332

Worked in a Zoo at admissions last year for the summer. This one time a guy and his wife came in and I noticed he had a fancy carbon fiber prosthetic leg (he walked surprisingly normally). He asked if there were any veteran discounts and I had to tell him no. I just put him down as disabled (massive discount) and his wife as a carer. Told them not to say anything or I'd get assblasted by my manager. After my shift was finished I had a walk about the zoo and ran into the couple again. Showed them around for a while. I went back to the till and grabbed a couple of free burger vouchers for us so we chilled by the Giraffes.

He ended up showing me how his leg worked and told me about how an IED had gone off under their group's car. He still had a tiny piece of shrapnel in his other leg, right under the skin. Didn't tell me much else (and I didn't ask because I'm not nosey) but we're friends on Facebook now.

That was a good day anyway, glad I gave them the discount.

Spungey

Roleplay Connoisseur
Nebulae
Worked in a Zoo at admissions last year for the summer. This one time a guy and his wife came in and I noticed he had a fancy carbon fiber prosthetic leg (he walked surprisingly normally). He asked if there were any veteran discounts and I had to tell him no. I just put him down as disabled (massive discount) and his wife as a carer. Told them not to say anything or I'd get assblasted by my manager. After my shift was finished I had a walk about the zoo and ran into the couple again. Showed them around for a while. I went back to the till and grabbed a couple of free burger vouchers for us so we chilled by the Giraffes.

He ended up showing me how his leg worked and told me about how an IED had gone off under their group's car. He still had a tiny piece of shrapnel in his other leg, right under the skin. Didn't tell me much else (and I didn't ask because I'm not nosey) but we're friends on Facebook now.

That was a good day anyway, glad I gave them the discount.
This is one of the most wholesome things I have ever fucking read

FriendlyMan

eating seeds as a pastime activity
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Working at BK, I hate my manager, he's a right cunt. Always up your arse for the littlest things. Disciplinary even if you had a valid reason for staying off. Fuck it.

I start to ask around and it turns out that he has a sister. Start digging and find her facebook. Bingo. Start up a conversation, chatting away. Turns out she's into punk music, we hit it off. Ask her to come out for coffee later. She agrees.

Begin chatting to her and we're already best friends. One part leads to another and we're at her house, when all of a sudden the door opens. It's the manager.

I don't hesitate, I grab the lamp and bludgeon him. I turn to his sister. She's emotionless, uncaring. 'Oh well.' she says.

We hide the body, (Underneath goal in the field) and I move in. I go to work, turns out that i've been working there the longest. I get the manager position.

Not only that, but he was due a promotion to a managerial position covering the North East. It passes down to me.

Who's the Burger King now, motherfucker.

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
Working at BK, I hate my manager, he's a right cunt. Always up your arse for the littlest things. Disciplinary even if you had a valid reason for staying off. Fuck it.

I start to ask around and it turns out that he has a sister. Start digging and find her facebook. Bingo. Start up a conversation, chatting away. Turns out she's into punk music, we hit it off. Ask her to come out for coffee later. She agrees.

Begin chatting to her and we're already best friends. One part leads to another and we're at her house, when all of a sudden the door opens. It's the manager.

I don't hesitate, I grab the lamp and bludgeon him. I turn to his sister. She's emotionless, uncaring. 'Oh well.' she says.

We hide the body, (Underneath goal in the field) and I move in. I go to work, turns out that i've been working there the longest. I get the manager position.

Not only that, but he was due a promotion to a managerial position covering the North East. It passes down to me.

Who's the Burger King now, motherfucker.
That Manager's name?

Albert Einstein.

cns - he/him/his

The Winner
Nebulae
Working at starbucks and I was just having a nice day until this white man showed up wearing a MAGA hat. I was so upset by this racist then when he ordered his drink (a black coffe uhg) I took his money, made his coffee and then threw it in his face and screamed "FUCK DRUMPF!" and the entire cafe clapped and he ran away without his MAGA hat.

Powley

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
i don’t save animals in dwelling fires because i’m not going to be held liable for any injuries they get being pulled out
last time i tried saving one, it tore my hood and i got burned. never fucking again.

i also stepped on a cat once by accident and kicked it under the couch to hide the body when i was a probationary ff

house burned down fully so it was never found out

still the worst post to ever grace the website

Johnny B. Goode

Objectively Best MGS poster
Nebulae
still the worst post to ever grace the website
powley i have a work confession i lost a kids flying log that we give out in the little packs onboard, it had like 3 pages worth of flights recorded and i only realised when i did my annual clear out of my topper bag

sorry ben lol owned

Powley

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
powley i have a work confession i lost a kids flying log that we give out in the little packs onboard, it had like 3 pages worth of flights recorded and i only realised when i did my annual clear out of my topper bag

sorry ben lol owned

i don’t like people named Ben lol stupid kid what a stupid name