Joker

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
iirc phoenix was genuinely disturbed by how the role was affecting him psychologically
Just pulled this from an article as a quote from him, so I'm not sure?

"This is going to disappoint you. I just, I don't think I did [go to a dark place]. We had a good time... [People are] like 'It's really fucking intense.' I was like, 'We laughed like every day.' 'There's nothing really to laugh at.' I go, 'Oh. We kind of are fucked up.' (laughs) We literally were laughing every day going, 'This is ridiculous.' So honestly, I love those stories of actors. I kind of do wish that I was that way cause it sounds so cool, but I didn't have that experience."

Deleted member 2925

pilotbland's best friend
HL2 RP Server Director
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
  • Built up was good
  • Soundtrack often times fit the scene very well to what was going on
  • Acting was up to standards
  • Film style made the movie
If you’ve not yet seen it and are expecting a generic DC movie, you’ll be disappointed. Joker is heavily surrounded by lore and his character development growing into who he is as we all know him from Batman etc.

8/10.

tera

Atom
Nebulae
I have to say, Joaquin losing 23 kg for this role is batshit insane.
Losing weight in a short amount of time like that can seriously affect your psychological and physical status when you're not above the standard Body Mass Index. This probably helped him in his acting/role to be so psychologically good.

It's almost as similar to Heath Ledger's Joker locking himself for 6 weeks without any social contact.

Deadpool

A turtle made it to the water
Nebulae
I have to say, Joaquin losing 23 kg for this role is batshit insane.
Losing weight in a short amount of time like that can seriously affect your psychological and physical status when you're not above the standard Body Mass Index. This probably helped him in his acting/role to be so psychologically good.

It's almost as similar to Heath Ledger's Joker locking himself for 6 weeks without any social contact.
look at christian bale's weight loss too, for the machinist i believe

Reactions: List

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
761w1ht9hks31.jpg

Nebulae
The thing is, it wasn't even his actual mom. He was adopted, abused, molested and tortured by his mother, if not her abusive boyfriend. He had read everything there was to know, whether it was lying about him being her real son. His mother was manipulative and terrible to him in life, but he's had what I'd say is Stockholm syndrome and is used to obeying his mom all the time, despite the terrible pains he's brought into his life, and for him to snap after finding out the truth makes it that much more understandable and sympathetic to an extent. He's devoted almost his entire life living and supporting his mother despite her manipulation and infliction of pain and misery in Arthur's life, because that's what sons do, but what he found out was that he was born, adopted and since been abused to the point of a child service record. To be born a bastard, given away to a terrible family, who you then take care of under the assumption they're your family and you love them just for that, and then center your life around their care, only to find out that the whole time, they're strangers who took on a child and abused and tortured them. That's a sick joke.

i mean it makes sense for her to have been his mom anyways, it's not unlikely that Thomas Wayne had records altered to protect his reputation
there's a scene near the end where arthur holds up a photo of Penny with it signed by him saying "Love your smile"
i could be wrong but it's just a clue

also im not a gun nut or enthusiast but if you're going to kill someone with a revolver at least get it right like bruh revolvers don't have eight shots and need to be cocked back after every shot, just a pet peeve i see in other movies, too

in terms of the movie itself, it really wasn't anything spectacular. joaquin's acting was good, it compensated for what was okay writing
his performance carried the whole movie
i also really liked the subtle hints of him imagining everything, very clever

D

Deleted member 5162

To be honest, I am kinda sad that they cut out the part where Joker rolls on the stairs when visiting the cinema, it was included in the trailer.

D

Deleted member 118

The way he danced off the stage after shooting Bill Murray made me truly believe that at that moment that this version of the Joker has to be the most intriguing. All it takes is just one bad day and he has shown it.

Tzula

Molecule
Nebulae
No

Also why do we need to use spoiler tags? Won't people just assume the thread has spoilers?
No he does right before he shoots the guy, I heard it and I just saw it.