Joker

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
the director said its the audience's fault if they feel sympathetic to the main character iirc
Imo thats pretty weak, its easy to see how the guy goes off the rails totally with so much shit piled onto him day after day on top of making him mentally ill and he stops getting meds for it due to budget cuts and shit.
  • Gets beaten up twice
  • Was molested and abused as a kid
  • Was lied to his entire life
  • Was mentally ill
  • Lost his job
  • Constantly mocked
Like how are you not gonna feel bad for him?

Reactions: List

Deadpool

A turtle made it to the water
Nebulae
sympathize at the start sure but he isn't portrayed in a positive light
like i said before if u watched or watch taxi driver u could see a movie that handled that way better and is a better movie overall

TinPan

Needs to blow his nose
Nebulae
From Pheonix providing a fucking stellar interpretation of a mans descent into darkness to the camera shots, cinematography as well as the aesthetics of the 70's/80's make for a genuinely solid film. Some slight repetition of tracks in some places, but it's purely for the sake of calling back to previous events so I'm more than content with letting that slide.

Otherwise, I absolutely fucking love it; the fact that it ties so well into the whole DC Universe only bolsters how good of a film it is and only helps to strengthen both Pheonix as an actor and the idea that its possible to create an engaging movie about the villain of the story rather than the hero.

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
From Pheonix providing a fucking stellar interpretation of a mans descent into darkness to the camera shots, cinematography as well as the aesthetics of the 70's/80's make for a genuinely solid film. Some slight repetition of tracks in some places, but it's purely for the sake of calling back to previous events so I'm more than content with letting that slide.

Otherwise, I absolutely fucking love it; the fact that it ties so well into the whole DC Universe only bolsters how good of a film it is and only helps to strengthen both Pheonix as an actor and the idea that its possible to create an engaging movie about the villain of the story rather than the hero.
Also proves DC need to focus on this style of gritty rather than trying to outright trade blows with Marvel. I'm just imagining what they could do in stuff like Venom 2 with Carnage.

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
joaquin phoenix needs some awards for carrying this shit
My dad, who had little interest in DC before seeing it, told me that Phoenix's acting is probably some of the best he's ever seen and that he adored the movie.

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Venom 2 with Carnage.

please just get rid of the wig

woody harrelson can carry himself without it

if you wanted him to be ginger you shouldve gotten jackie earle haley

Isuckatgaming

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
image0.png

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
yeah gee i wonder why they didn't want to get THE WORST JOKER WE'VE EVER HAD for a serious and real performance
I'll be real though I don't think it was all him - part of it was the script.

He was still terrible by comparison of course.

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae

This little teaser looks tight but DC is not one a good roll with movies and the director isnt known for anything that good

I hope it isn’t shit

@cns eat words

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
I also love how Phoenix didn't 'channel any inner darkness' or anything like Ledger and Leto reportedly did (Leto even sent co-stars dead rats and used condoms apparently, though he later denied the latter).

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I also love how Phoenix didn't 'channel any inner darkness' or anything like Ledger and Leto reportedly did (Leto even sent co-stars dead rats and used condoms apparently, though he later denied the latter).

iirc phoenix was genuinely disturbed by how the role was affecting him psychologically