Joker

Josh

Nucleus
Nebulae
No

Also why do we need to use spoiler tags? Won't people just assume the thread has spoilers?

because your posts appear in the recent activity section on the front page with a preview of the msg. if it's in a spoiler then all it says is
'[ SPOILER ]'

Reactions: List

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
Also why do we need to use spoiler tags? Won't people just assume the thread has spoilers?

Recent activity shows some of the post content, it's a common courtesy to use spoiler tags at least for the first week of new releases

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
1 big reason:

posts not in spoilers show up in recent activity, meaning you could accidently see a spoiler

Isuckatgaming

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
This scene was really shocking when I saw it, pure insanity

o47lbtdw1br31.png

constantdisplay

nokia talk 2002
Premium Member
Nebulae
despite the scissor scene, the final gunshot and the scene where he kills his mum, the scene where he kills the three yuppies was the most wince worthy for me what with the legshot and the crawling

anyway, just watched it, blown away
[doublepost=1570562728][/doublepost]

e: if DC continues shifting into darker tones and themes like this movie, like they've said they plan to, I can see them having alot more success - considering Justice League and other recent DC movies proved they couldn't really match Marvel

Isuckatgaming

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
despite the scissor scene, the final gunshot and the scene where he kills his mum, the scene where he kills the three yuppies was the most wince worthy for me what with the legshot and the crawling

anyway, just watched it, blown away
[doublepost=1570562728][/doublepost]

e: if DC continues shifting into darker tones and themes like this movie, like they've said they plan to, I can see them having alot more success - considering Justice League and other recent DC movies proved they couldn't really match Marvel

the scene where

kills his mom

is still the most fucked up scene for me personally

gives me the creeps

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
My favourite scene was when the Joker went into Wendy's and when the black cashier got his order wrong he proceeded to stare into the camera and say "we do indeed live in a society" before screamng the N word at him repeatedly. 10/10 performance tbh.

Memes aside, if DC keep going down this angle instead of trying to directly compete with Marvel for big blockbusters they're gonna do great. What a genuinely fantastic film from start to finish, amazingly acted to the point you are genuinely worried about when he's gonna fly off the fucking handle. It might be my favourite performance of the character to date.

Also genuinely the best non-animated DC movie in a very long time.

I think they nailed the gore without going over the top, too. It felt a lot more real than a lot of movies do, and watching him slowly spiral is genuinely unnerving. The part where you realise his 'relationship' was in his head made my stomach drop into my feet.

SGT Angel

Nucleus
Nebulae
My favourite scene was when the Joker went into Wendy's and when the black cashier got his order wrong he proceeded to stare into the camera and say "we do indeed live in a society" before screamng the N word at him repeatedly. 10/10 performance tbh.

Memes aside, if DC keep going down this angle instead of trying to directly compete with Marvel for big blockbusters they're gonna do great. What a genuinely fantastic film from start to finish, amazingly acted to the point you are genuinely worried about when he's gonna fly off the fucking handle. It might be my favourite performance of the character to date.

Also genuinely the best non-animated DC movie in a very long time.

I think they nailed the gore without going over the top, too. It felt a lot more real than a lot of movies do, and watching him slowly spiral is genuinely unnerving. The part where you realise his 'relationship' was in his head made my stomach drop into my feet.

Me and my missus were really confused at first thinking why the fuck this bitch wanna get with this crazy ass guy, then when it clicked I was like damn that was fucking crazy.

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Me and my missus were really confused at first thinking why the fuck this bitch wanna get with this crazy ass guy, then when it clicked I was like damn that was fucking crazy.
I was surprised they were doing something so cliche and boring at first. Then the scene in her apartment happened and I was like "fuuuuuuuck no" lmao

SGT Angel

Nucleus
Nebulae
I was surprised they were doing something so cliche and boring at first. Then the scene in her apartment happened and I was like "fuuuuuuuck no" lmao
Honestly everything was so well done when it was spiralling out of control, I've got no real complaints about the film whatsoever, the whole thing is so well done it is insane. Plus really big fan of the red suit outfit I prefer it over Heath ledgers version

Deleted member 61

donator without a cause
Nebulae
is still the most fucked up scene for me personally

The thing is, it wasn't even his actual mom. He was adopted, abused, molested and tortured by his mother, if not her abusive boyfriend. He had read everything there was to know, whether it was lying about him being her real son. His mother was manipulative and terrible to him in life, but he's had what I'd say is Stockholm syndrome and is used to obeying his mom all the time, despite the terrible pains he's brought into his life, and for him to snap after finding out the truth makes it that much more understandable and sympathetic to an extent. He's devoted almost his entire life living and supporting his mother despite her manipulation and infliction of pain and misery in Arthur's life, because that's what sons do, but what he found out was that he was born, adopted and since been abused to the point of a child service record. To be born a bastard, given away to a terrible family, who you then take care of under the assumption they're your family and you love them just for that, and then center your life around their care, only to find out that the whole time, they're strangers who took on a child and abused and tortured them. That's a sick joke.

Deadpool

A turtle made it to the water
Nebulae
it was good but a little predictable and clearly inspired by better movies(taxi driver for instance which i watched right before seeing this)
taxi driver for example has some thematic elements of joker but presents them in a much more subtle way while in joker its more about utilizing the bullying/abuse as a plot point for him to go apeshit at the end and to garner sympathy instead of social commentary or anything of that sort(also waynes were a little hamfisted in and repeating the origin story yet again for a millionth time? idk how to feel about that). that said, i really loved how well shot the movie was and the soundtrack really carried the film to be honest

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
it was good but a little predictable and clearly inspired by better movies(taxi driver for instance which i watched right before seeing this)
taxi driver for example has some thematic elements of joker but presents them in a much more subtle way while in joker its more about utilizing the bullying/abuse as a plot point for him to go apeshit at the end and to garner sympathy instead of social commentary or anything of that sort(also waynes were a little hamfisted in and repeating the origin story yet again for a millionth time? idk how to feel about that). that said, i really loved how well shot the movie was and the soundtrack really carried the film to be honest
the director said its the audience's fault if they feel sympathetic to the main character iirc

Deadpool

A turtle made it to the water
Nebulae
the director said its the audience's fault if they feel sympathetic to the main character iirc
pretty weak excuse imo, when he basically made the guy have no flaws(except ofc the killing but people are lead to think its warranted cause he snaps), that said i dont think DC can get better than this and joaquin phoenix's acting was amazing