Kafe's Map thread

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae
Tried playing with no addons cause I did a fresh install recently and I insta died on all the spawns like when you get crushed by props
Interesting, thank you very much.

Lewis!

フローラルの専門店
Nebulae
Interesting, thank you very much.
bHd0llJ.png

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae
Trying to fogure this shite out for myself, even with the required games unmounted i still don't get the instant kill issue.

We've got a group session to play and judge tomorrow, just gonna have to pray it doesn't show itself

Lewis!

フローラルの専門店
Nebulae
Trying to fogure this shite out for myself, even with the required games unmounted i still don't get the instant kill issue.

We've got a group session to play and judge tomorrow, just gonna have to pray it doesn't show itself
Kafe

8wAopF3.png

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae

Two hours left on the clock and my submission is officially done and on the workshop.
Two week project in total, was likely for the best it was such a short project length. and now I finally can tick off my LD bucket list the wish to make a TTT map.

big ass image dump.
C6D3C462F0F3AD02033077ED357A656A6FEFFCA3

-

tEH8CHh.jpg

dHwuwTa.jpg

FLTt8ac.jpg

UNoygA2.jpg

WS5K5BC.jpg

195e4a5.jpg

wozqkT7.jpg

E0DDTJy.jpg

Today is a very good day.

image.png

If you enjoy TTT please check out the collection of maps, there's a lot of fun gems in there, I had such a great time playing a bunch of these.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3042908972

On my end I'm taking a few steps now to get the map nicely settled for me to move on, getting my gameplay up onto youtube for it (was meant to be 40 minutes but sadly only 20, windows game bar recording had an error and bricked the second session we had on the map)

and last of all, there is one patch I need to make to this little thing before I'm happy to leave it behind, plenty of improvements to be made, and without the time pressure, think I'll get in there and add some of the traps I wanted to include but ran out of time for

Last edited:

boots

spooky skellys
HL2 RP Senior Administrator
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
YOOOOOOOOOO that's fucking HUGE. Congrats you talented person.

Would you maybe consider making YouTube tutorials on mapping or even just upload full recordings of you making your maps? I'd definitely be interested in seeing you make your design.

Reactions: List

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae
let's make it a twitch vod then 😅
on a side note, I've always wanted to do a modern iteration of 3kliksphillip's old tutorial library from 2007 onwards.
but aside from the video quality, source is so old that they still hold up tbh, I've got workflows in 2023 that still reference them old ass videos.

Warwick

Mum Looks Like Tracy Beaker
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Today is a very good day.

image.png

If you enjoy TTT please check out the collection of maps, there's a lot of fun gems in there, I had such a great time playing a bunch of these.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3042908972

On my end I'm taking a few steps now to get the map nicely settled for me to move on, getting my gameplay up onto youtube for it (was meant to be 40 minutes but sadly only 20, windows game bar recording had an error and bricked the second session we had on the map)

and last of all, there is one patch I need to make to this little thing before I'm happy to leave it behind, plenty of improvements to be made, and without the time pressure, think I'll get in there and add some of the traps I wanted to include but ran out of time for

Congrats mate.

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae
Unrelated to anything, I've been on my fallout 4 mod.
this week was spent fixing the base game assets

Bear traps were a bit of a mess.
don't remember to close when you step on them, and explode when shot.
Fixed my main issues, so I can start building stuff again soon.

Warwick

Mum Looks Like Tracy Beaker
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Unrelated to anything, I've been on my fallout 4 mod.
this week was spent fixing the base game assets

Bear traps were a bit of a mess.
don't remember to close when you step on them, and explode when shot.
Fixed my main issues, so I can start building stuff again soon.

Kafe, just remember. It just works.

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae
My fallout companion writing skills are truly unmatched
waiting for the job offer emails from bethesda I swear

image.png

(actual interesting stuff coming soon, wrapping up work for the year atm)

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae
Back into the Creation engine after being mostly in thinking about ideas for ages.
Much to my surprise I still had a version of the mod worldspace in a old project file from much earlier in the year
Wasn't anything too special, largely focused on getting to grips with the engine again
20231215184810_1.jpg

Coming back now with more practice and a better idea of what I wanna do, this is roughly made in the same amount of time.
20231215185140_1.jpg

It's a whole lot less apocalyptic right now in comparison, a mix of intent and iterations still being needed.
I'll probably give more in-game context to screenshots in the future.

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae
Gonna try and document some stuff in video too.
Clipchamp ain't too bad tbh. can't render in 4k without paying though which is a shame, might pick up that sony vegas bundle on humble if I feel the need

Anyways, got a running title for the mod. and a 3 minute exploration video here now too

Ricsow got the gmod lawnmower edition though.
number of restarts got through the edit.

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae
20240119230725_1.jpg

Working on one of the new locations in the valley worldspace.

"Watchpoint 9
One of many pre-war military outposts established in the Valley, it's force abandoned it long ago, but in a procedure to prevent rebel forces from annexed canada from raiding or establishing themselves here after the great war, the automated defence systems were setup with orders to shoot to kill all unidentified targets.

The Hunters and locals won't touch the place, but for a enterprising scavenger that can handle it, there's good stuff to find in there."

There's a few locations like these in the books, all meant to be brutal mini-challenges for players to hit at mid-high level. with pre-war loot and crafting blueprints for stronger equipment hidden inside.
Should be hell to hit in survival mode, but very worthwhile if you can pull it off.

Interior and enemy setup is still being done, but already encouraging.

-

I also realize not much of the new locations were shared recently, so I'll quickfire a few images.
Planning to upload another progress video monday or so, now I'm back to it.

20240105001619_1.jpg

"Tarberry Basin"
Small lake where tarberry plants are cultivated on mass. makes good alcohol for the hunters.
Additionally a few hidden stashes, and a flooded cave are accessible

20231219214520_1.jpg

Small chunk of marshlands, Mirelurks built some natural dams to trap water within their nesting ground, any good hunter can grab a few of their eggs, but a better hunter can take on the mirelurks properly. all good eating regardless.