Kafe's Map thread

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae
For the prospecting role players, I'm interested in adding character references to HL2RP/ WW3RP/ GTARP ect characters from our time here, anything will need to be adjusted to fit into the factions and fallout world, but if you fancy seeing the names/ mannerisms/ alignments of old RP characters in this project, feel free to reach out or put in a post.

I'm already probably gonna sneak in a few, but happy to consider some more, gonna be tough filling out a full character roster for this project hah. I'll provide some faction info in the future, will help shape some ideas if it takes anyone's fancy.

Reactions: List

deathwolf

I AM SPIDERMAN, GRIST LIES! I AM HIM REALLY! ﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
For the prospecting role players, I'm interested in adding character references to HL2RP/ WW3RP/ GTARP ect characters from our time here, anything will need to be adjusted to fit into the factions and fallout world, but if you fancy seeing the names/ mannerisms/ alignments of old RP characters in this project, feel free to reach out or put in a post.

I'm already probably gonna sneak in a few, but happy to consider some more, gonna be tough filling out a full character roster for this project hah. I'll provide some faction info in the future, will help shape some ideas if it takes anyone's fancy.
ill put some of my character ideas

mike pinello - paranoid schizophrenic arms dealer with former ties to the now deceased italian mafia, he constantly wore a dead mans switch Suicide vest if that's something you wanna do, might be a funny ghoul from the old world mob

joseph keppler - in hl2rp he was a transhuman rebel constantly wearing a mask to hide his identity so he could be a synth or something, he had a swiss accent

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae
mike pinello - paranoid schizophrenic arms dealer with former ties to the now deceased italian mafia, he constantly wore a dead mans switch Suicide vest if that's something you wanna do, might be a funny ghoul from the old world mob
Given the fact that the mod is set north from Chicago...
he'd wind up with the tech hunters most likely, would make a good armourer for the more militarised company, or handle his own crew.
Should actually be able to setup a explode on death script for that too...

joseph keppler - in hl2rp he was a transhuman rebel constantly wearing a mask to hide his identity so he could be a synth or something, he had a swiss accent
Likely won't see any synths in this mod due to location, but having one extremely remote synth like that surrounded by tech curious lads may be funny, otherwise an identity concealing ghoul or /very/ confused robot could make a fun adjustment.

deathwolf

I AM SPIDERMAN, GRIST LIES! I AM HIM REALLY! ﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Given the fact that the mod is set north from Chicago...
he'd wind up with the tech hunters most likely, would make a good armourer for the more militarised company, or handle his own crew.
Should actually be able to setup a explode on death script for that too...

Likely won't see any synths in this mod due to location, but having one extremely remote synth like that surrounded by tech curious lads may be funny, otherwise an identity concealing ghoul or /very/ confused robot could make a fun adjustment.
if you're looking any more, i also had Renjiro Kobayashi, in HL2RP he was envoy between the Kobayashi clan and the rebels, a serbian-jap with a robotic arm. He also ran a bounty hunting thing for a short while.

if you have any chinese stuff going on i had a guy called Harland Roscha who was really a Chinese spy called Xu Li using the stolen identity of Harland Roscha, who was a 2016 clockwork character, resistance private detective played by @York, he was a scientist and led orsted in hl2rp

Northgate

:D
HL2 RP Administrator
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I'm curious, are you inspiring the Tech Hunters off Kenshi's tech hunters lol

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae
I'm curious, are you inspiring the Tech Hunters off Kenshi's tech hunters lol
haha. I'm a giant kenshi fan, but no.
For the most part the only similarity I'm conscious of is the name of the job, felt better compared to scavengers or prospectors in other fallouts, since these lot are a lot more organised.

I'd have to look more into kenshi tech hunters to be honest, I never really considered them as much of a 'faction', always wound up more into starting war campaigns against the holy nation and united cities instead.
Robot spiders stole too many limbs.

Northgate

:D
HL2 RP Administrator
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
haha. I'm a giant kenshi fan, but no.
For the most part the only similarity I'm conscious of is the name of the job, felt better compared to scavengers or prospectors in other fallouts, since these lot are a lot more organised.

I'd have to look more into kenshi tech hunters to be honest, I never really considered them as much of a 'faction', always wound up more into starting war campaigns against the holy nation and united cities instead.
Robot spiders stole too many limbs.

I love the idea of the Machinists & Tech Hunters to do research into the old world and so forth to make the world a better place, but that's not really necessary in Fallout, since the apocalypse itself has a different background.

god my favourite thing to do in Kenshi is build a massive outpost, train some of the best soldiers in the land, get every cool unique recruit and kidnap some (Cat-Lon etc) and then destroy everything. Never gets old lol

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae
I love the idea of the Machinists & Tech Hunters to do research into the old world and so forth to make the world a better place, but that's not really necessary in Fallout, since the apocalypse itself has a different background.
I think there's still a good case for that style in tech hunting in fallout, especially when focusing on bethesda's side.
For my Chicago tech hunters they've got two sets of goals both in chicago ruins and in the valley where the mod is set.

Commercial is always the biggest part of the industry, collecting pre-war weapons, tools, machines, resources and the like. Salvaging and exporting those, helps to fuel the economy that brings new workers and keeps a hold of the existing ones.

But for the larger mission as a whole, their goal is ultimately to be able to shed their dependence on salvaging the pre-war and learn how to create every machine, every device and every tool themselves, and do it to the standard of pre-war without needing to depend on it.

the commercial side and establishment of companies has hurt that mission, and made things a bit of a rat race to grab whatever valued tech they can, but that's something to look at and tackle as part of the mod.

They're fortunate the brotherhood of steel doesn't operate so far north, they would very much despise eachother.

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae
New Video covering some of the work done over the last month or so.
for folks checking this thread more regularly, there's not a whole lot of new info in here.

One new side location in the map though, crashed airplane. been sat about long enough now. still got some of the passengers though.
7E9D8942B29DDD507E680EC2CA2E3CD375ABC1F8

C2E3313ABCD03F6E3EEFC55D7616B0E9E96C2747