Serious LGBT Thread

constantdisplay

nokia talk 2002
Premium Member
Nebulae
Idk I’m like an old fashioned parent unable to understand ‘kids these days’, if you wanna be gay or bi or whatever that’s cool, my philosophy is so long as ur sexuality isn’t kids, animals, or you don’t make it your entire personality (cause the really girly drama queen gay people give me a headache) then I’m happy for you.

But now you’ve got this 1,000 genders thing that I don’t get, whats the new meaning for gender, I’ve always been taught it’s just what’s between ur legs, and to consider it as something else just... doesn’t click in place so well.

It’s just odd to me, it doesn’t really match anything I’ve ever felt in my life nor anything I’ve seen amongst friends and family and as such I really struggle to sympathise with the idea :/
there's not really a fixed number of genders because its a spectrum, its just whatever someone feels happy labelling themself as. some people dont like even assigning themselves a label, and some do, its just personal preference, identifying as a femmby (femme + enby) makes me feel pretty happy even if its not a widespread term

what u got down in ur pants, or if you have nothing - doesnt really come into the equation - though its fine to have a preference

i dont really blame anyone for not knowing about this though. i got zero lgbt education in school, and even then im pretty sure they wouldnt of touched on gender identity.

AND even then, for most cis people all this sex-based attraction shit is hardbaked into their brains by either their parents or their upbringing or whatever. all this "fuck cis people" shit is just wince-worthy at best, 9/10 most cis people are just unaware (unless they're being intentionally toxic) - especially young people

Reactions: List

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
all this "fuck cis people" shit is just wince-worthy at best, 9/10 most cis people are just unaware (unless they're being intentionally toxic) - especially young people
what do you define as intentionally toxic, in this context I mean

D

Deleted member 1974

Having a disregard or lack of respect for how someone wants to identify themself, and refusing to correct it, I'd say, would qualify as being intentionally toxic.

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
Having a disregard or lack of respect for how someone wants to identify themself, and refusing to correct it, I'd say, would qualify as being intentionally toxic.
I think I understand your point

So, like - if you were to ask someone to stop calling you something you're not, that kind of thing?

constantdisplay

nokia talk 2002
Premium Member
Nebulae
basically what sasha said

there's a difference between being uneducated/blissfully unaware (a fair amount of cis people i think) and being a pos who goes out of there way to disrespect lgbt/trans/enbies and invalidate identities

So, like - if you were to ask someone to stop calling you something you're not, that kind of thing?
yeah

D

Deleted member 1974

Yeah, like calling someone who goes by they/them "he/him" or "she/her". I've had my own troubles with that, particularly because I tend to identify someone automatically based on their voice or appearance, however I've always attempted to remedy that as soon as I make the mistake, which separates one from people who show a complete disregard for stuff like that.

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
there's a different between being uneducated/blissfully unaware (a fair amount of cis people i think) and being a pos who goes out of there way to disrespect lgbt/trans/enbies and invalidate identifies
Either way, respect between people is something that unfortunately can't be forced onto one another. A lot of it would fall under common decency if you ask me.

Yeah, like calling someone who goes by they/them "he/him" or "she/her". I've had my own troubles with that, particularly because I tend to identify someone automatically based on their voice or appearance, however I've always attempted to remedy that as soon as I make the mistake, which separates one from people who show a complete disregard for stuff like that.
While it might be a mistake, I don't think it's worth any kind of self-criticism or berating. The human brain is made in a specific way to recognise patterns and similarities for the sake of easily processing information for our perception. Quite frankly, I think it's impossible for the brain to 'unlearn' it. It's built upon centuries of evolution.

Of course, being a decent human being is only something you and you alone can decide so thankfully people do have control over that... (For the most part)

D

Deleted member 1974

Either way, respect between people is something that unfortunately can't be forced onto one another. A lot of it would fall under common decency if you ask me.

While it might be a mistake, I don't think it's worth any kind of self-criticism or berating. The human brain is made in a specific way to recognise patterns and similarities for the sake of easily processing information for our perception. Quite frankly, I think it's impossible for the brain to 'unlearn' it. It's built upon centuries of evolution.

Of course, being a decent human being is only something you and you alone can decide so thankfully people do have control over that... (For the most part)
I agree wholeheartedly. It makes me extremely sad to see others lacking that sense of respect for one another. One of the things that led me back to pursue more stories on Nebulous was how well most people seem to show that common decency to one another on the forums. I really think you've done well along with everyone else on the staff team to have a good idea of quality control, so I thank you for that! I'm enjoying my time here and I hope to make tons of friends!

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
I agree wholeheartedly. It makes me extremely sad to see others lacking that sense of respect for one another. One of the things that led me back to pursue more stories on Nebulous was how well most people seem to show that common decency to one another on the forums. I really think you've done well along with everyone else on the staff team to have a good idea of quality control, so I thank you for that! I'm enjoying my time here and I hope to make tons of friends!
While I don't belong to the particular community this thread pertains to, I'm glad people feel comfortable expressing themselves here.

I've said this before but that's what the community is for, at the end of the day. While it's mainly a community that pertains to gaming it also has room for everything it needs

Glad to hear you're enjoying your time back here!

:grinning:

sots

community bear
Nebulae
One of the things that led me back to pursue more stories on Nebulous was how well most people seem to show that common decency to one another on the forums.
piRWKS5.png

most. :<

constantdisplay

nokia talk 2002
Premium Member
Nebulae

yeah, unfortunately although i want to normalise asking someones pronouns before i talk to them, there's the crux that - especially with strangers, they're either a. accepting or b. a total asshole about it

it works as a good filter but it also opens you up to harassment which i dont really wanna deal with, though i hope itll be more normalised in the next decade

sots

community bear
Nebulae
Nothing is perfect, friend, but if it makes you fell any better, that other portion is made up entirely of people who I've noticed are banned or on thin ice.
current affairs is the true hunting ground

ALSO
MBdejMQ.jpg
cool outfit gives me real peach pit vibes i think they go for a similar style, whoever the lead singer is

D

Deleted member 1974

current affairs is the true hunting ground

ALSO
MBdejMQ.jpg
cool outfit gives me real peach pit vibes i think they go for a similar style, whoever the lead singer is
Thank you! My style is largely regulated to sleazecore in the summer, in which I have an enormous collection of Hawaiian t-shirts and a selection of crocs, and in the winter I like prepcore or cottagecore. I'd say that this is probably the latter? I dunno, I saw a similar outfit, except it had a really cute fox tie. Expect more pics in here, if you're ever interested!

PilotBland

community antagonizer
Nebulae
yeah a server with the standard of not dropping the hard r oocly is hard because u r infringing on my liberties and being an SJW :^)

it's retarded as fuck lol. idc if people go at it icly but like, oocly people are just fags

D

Deleted member 1974

yeah a server with the standard of not dropping the hard r oocly is hard because u r infringing on my liberties and being an SJW :^)

it's retarded as fuck lol. idc if people go at it icly but like, oocly people are just fags
my only worry is that people may use ic interactions like that to vent out their ooc racism, a grey area certainly

D

Deleted member 22

google how to stop dressing like someone who is obviously italian american and from an area you'd expect a lot of italian americans to congregate

Vaz

Still a sleep deprived gay, just older
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
Life update:

I'm still Gay
meftV0q.gif