Serious LGBT Thread

D

Deleted member 7099

random pet peeve but i truly really deeply from the bottom of my soul despite it when people try to say theyre "defying gender roles" as if its super duper brave or some dumb shit but all they do is just conform to other harmful gender stereotypes. all its doing in reality is just perpetuating the concept of arbitrary gender roles even more while fetishizing it and it truly makes me wish i could extent a chokehold through the computer monitor.

Reactions: List

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
random pet peeve but i truly really deeply from the bottom of my soul despite it when people try to say theyre "defying gender roles" as if its super duper brave or some dumb shit but all they do is just conform to other harmful gender stereotypes. all its doing in reality is just perpetuating the concept of arbitrary gender roles even more while fetishizing it and it truly makes me wish i could extent a chokehold through the computer monitor.
I feel like some days you just wake up and choose violence when you post and its great

D

Deleted member 7099

took u more for a kung fu person but whatever...
technically mma since im trying to learn taekwondo judo and wing chun as well
better to know em all then to get owned by em all

Rare

Neutrino
Nebulae
as a gay man, can i just say something.

i have never actually met anyone in real life, through university or work or social life, who actively worries about pronouns or gender roles or the amount of genders. on the few occasions i've heard of interactions through friends, the person spouting is (a) a child or (b) is blissfully out of touch with reality.

ontop of the gay community being toxic in general, the LGBT community literally has far too much irrelevant stuff going on to actually organise and have real change. im gay and couldn't give two flying ducks about how you identify, it's your life. but what i do take real issue is the hijacking of the LGBT agenda.

there's like 70 countries where being gay is f*cking illegal and i could be stoned to death in 12 of them. but you want to use your privilege as a western gay/whatever to moan about pronouns, identity, roles and flags? f*ck me and call me david.

and i've been waiting to say this to someone in real life but genuinely cannot find anyone in the LGBT community who really believe this.

use our shared gayism to campaign and protest what is happening in places like poland, like damn. it's embarrassing.

Mute

`impulse-approved
Nebulae

i have never actually met anyone in real life, through university or work or social life, who actively worries about pronouns or gender roles or the amount of genders. on the few occasions i've heard of interactions through friends, the person spouting is (a) a child or (b) is blissfully out of touch with reality.

ontop of the gay community being toxic in general, the LGBT community literally has far too much irrelevant stuff going on to actually organise and have real change. im gay and couldn't give two flying ducks about how you identify, it's your life. but what i do take real issue is the hijacking of the LGBT agenda.

there's like 70 countries where being gay is f*cking illegal and i could be stoned to death in 12 of them. but you want to use your privilege as a western gay/whatever to moan about pronouns, identity, roles and flags? f*ck me and call me david.

and i've been waiting to say this to someone in real life but genuinely cannot find anyone in the LGBT community who really believe this.

use our shared gayism to campaign and protest what is happening in places like poland, like damn. it's embarrassing.
as a bi dude from one of the worst european countries regarding lgbt rights and (societal) acceptance im just gonna say i dont care if people want to push for further use specific pronouns or push for further gender acceptance in western countries and im happy for them

just cause you focus on one thing doesnt mean you cant focus on other stuff, people can push for further gender acceptance in their own country while pushing for better lgbt rights in places like poland and places where being gay is illegal

just cause those issues plague other countries doesnt really mean you cannot worry about your own, or push for further acceptance of your own identity in your own country

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae

i can see where you're coming from but i dont think turning the lgbt into a political hivemind is the right way to go about it

i've only met one person who was mega into pronouns and i almost got suspended for making fun of a made-up gender because they snitched
beyond that, i only meet people who use male, female, nonbinary, and then the trans affix

i dont personally think the lgbt community is that toxic (unless you're on twitter), and most gay/trans/queer people i know are cool

i dont think protests in other countries are going to do anything for the countries that aren't nice to lgbt people

Rare

Neutrino
Nebulae
i can see where you're coming from but i dont think turning the lgbt into a political hivemind is the right way to go about it

i've only met one person who was mega into pronouns and i almost got suspended for making fun of a made-up gender because they snitched
beyond that, i only meet people who use male, female, nonbinary, and then the trans affix

i dont personally think the lgbt community is that toxic (unless you're on twitter), and most gay/trans/queer people i know are cool

i dont think protests in other countries are going to do anything for the countries that aren't nice to lgbt people
part of the problem is an unwillingness to have a dialogue. the LGBT community is terrible for that.

an injustice anywhere is an injustice to us all and it's not about going on marches etc, it's about campaigning for education and government intervention. just how the anti-apartheid movement was ran from london etc.

as a bi dude from one of the worst european countries regarding lgbt rights and (societal) acceptance im just gonna say i dont care if people want to push for further use specific pronouns or push for further gender acceptance in western countries and im happy for them

just cause you focus on one thing doesnt mean you cant focus on other stuff, people can push for further gender acceptance in their own country while pushing for better lgbt rights in places like poland and places where being gay is illegal

just cause those issues plague other countries doesnt really mean you cannot worry about your own, or push for further acceptance of your own identity in your own country
see, here's the problem: we create our own problems and then pretend to have found the solution. pronouns have never been a legal issue, but apparently now they are? but hey ho, people are free to do whatever the flims they so please.

when we don't focus on what really matters, i.e. the fundamental right to exist, then what is the point of all other functions?

at the end of the day, not only does it get dark, but its a case of us not being taken seriously by the vast amount people who accept us for being gay but cannot get behind an agenda which is productive for literally no one.

Deleted member 4609

Doomboy / Femguy
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae

Based.

Gay retard from UK here btw, if we want people to accept us and consider us equal to straight folk let’s stop hosting gay pride parades where you’ll find men that run around half naked or in BDSM outfits kissing and fisting eachother down the streets of London with kids watching cheering them on, y’know, the sort of shit that shows us as completely unequal to the average decent, mentally sound human being and probably incites more homophobia from the on-the-fence spectator going ‘what the fuck are they doing’.

Feels like being gay got hijacked by a bunch of really horny men who have 10 different sexual partners a month who try to speak on our behalf about what being gay is about, the kind who make it their whole personality. You get the people that call themselves ‘gay’ because they have sex with a new man once a week who are hyper dramatic and infuriating, and those who just want to settle down and have a normal relationship and lifestyle with their partner, who just happens to be a dude. Pride feels less about pushing acceptance and equality between straight - gay and more about distancing us from the average straight man entirely.

Your typical Middle Eastern country not approving of being gay isn’t gonna be more accepting of a bunch of really obnoxious, promiscuous lobotomites, but could probably view a completely normal, hardworking Joe trying to just settle down with a similar minded husband and start a family by adopting or otherwise in a much better light.

It’s just sad to see being ‘gay’ is now more about having sex with a man and being a fairy rather than enjoying a fulfilling relationship with someone of the same sex.

Just wanna settle down with some cute twink and have a family and grow old, why do I have to get grouped up with this LGBT banner over my head that just seems to embarrass me even more. Can’t tell anyone I’m gay without them feeling like they’ve got to be super politically correct, deadpan serious and go all hush hush on the gay jokes because the folk that speak on my behalf in the media paint us all as sensitive to that kind of humour lol.

It’s cool how I didn’t mind telling people I was gay until you had this wave of ‘tolerance’ hit the media, same people fighting for the acceptance of homos continue to embarrass them and leave a lot of connotations and preconceptions in the minds of others about how we act or how sensitive we are. Literally easier to just not be open about it because it saves me having to make a speech about how retarded this stuff is every time someone stiffens up and tries to apologise for saying the word faggot in a joke.

Last edited:

jimbo 2

Electron
Nebulae
technically mma since im trying to learn taekwondo judo and wing chun as well
better to know em all then to get owned by em all
isnt wing chun completely useless

like theres this amateur mma guy in china who went around the country exposing useless martial arts and one of his most famous ones is him beating the shit out of some wing chun master

props to you for actually learning them though im too lazy

Postal

Molecule
Nebulae

like theres this amateur mma guy in china who went around the country exposing useless martial arts and one of his most famous ones is him beating the shit out of some wing chun master

they weren't "actual" masters
they were self proclaimed and were doing it for social media points

sots

community bear
Nebulae
A lot of martial arts are only really useful against themselves, if you’re looking for something for self defence or real life application, then MMA is a good place to look for it : ) martial arts that stack up well against other martial arts like Muay Thai, karate, and jiu jitsu are PRETTY GOOD!!!!

Mute

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
judo is really fun used to do it when i was younger

has a practical purpose to a degree but its more so about getting someone onto the floor rather than beating the shit out of them

kinda wish i could go back to it now but im probably gonna stick out considering most people start off pretty young and ones that do still do it at 18/19/20 have been doing it for a decade

D

Deleted member 7099

martial arts is how an individual can make of it. it's not like a game of pokemon where, "oh bug type is weaker than beetle type" or some dumb shit. if you know how to use it and arent a 900 year old chinese nationalist who's just pretending to be le kung fu warrior because youre being payed to. anyone can 'know' karate just how anyone can know how to say random words in japanese, but until you start learning how to use them to fight and defend yourself, that's when you know karate just how you know how to speak japanese when you can form cohesive sentences with the words. the same's for wing chun or any other martial art for that matter, you can know how to do the cool spinny punch or some of the trapping techniques but none of it matters until YOU know how to defend yourself with it.

sots

community bear
Nebulae
martial arts is how an individual can make of it. it's not like a game of pokemon where, "oh bug type is weaker than beetle type" or some dumb shit. if you know how to use it and arent a 900 year old chinese nationalist who's just pretending to be le kung fu warrior because youre being payed to. anyone can 'know' karate just how anyone can know how to say random words in japanese, but until you start learning how to use them to fight and defend yourself, that's when you know karate just how you know how to speak japanese when you can form cohesive sentences with the words. the same's for wing chun or any other martial art for that matter, you can know how to do the cool spinny punch or some of the trapping techniques but none of it matters until YOU know how to defend yourself with it.
maybe I will defend myself from your mouth by physically assaulting you yurrie you think about that one before huh