I am Speed.

Mute

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
step 1 be born in the balkans
step 2 go to class
step 3 wait for the topic of homosexuality to be brought up
step 4 *i have no fitting image or caption*

heard some amazing things today from “they should be spat on” to “wish we had another hitler to round them all up” (most rational and empathetic person in balkans)

can’t speak up about anything cause i still got one more year of this and i dont wanna end up in the river

would write like a 9 paragraph post about this but i’ve done it like 4 separate times already and i dont have the energy for this
woah_deja_vu_hl2citizen_voiceclip.mp3

I was surprised this post was from may of this year, I thought it was way older, preemptively sorry for putting a bit of a damper on this thread

Anyway past two days have been pretty shit, might as well tell the whole story

had some dudes in class bring up the fact that alexander the great was bi, muslim girl said that its inherently against islam and christianity, guy that originally brought up alexander says he is a non-believer, queue argument

it was like a double whammy religion/homosexuality debate, really the only thing missing was to get politics involved and you’ve got a trifecta of the three things you never should fucking talk about at school

These past 2 days (and I’m expecting this to continue tomorrow as well) have been non stop debating, including dragging teachers into these debates (who participate themselves)

at this point im honestly mostly unphased by that, heard the regular shit like its against the religions, its a mental illness, that theres some global gay agenda (was surprised to find out we are involved with the freemasons)

Somehow the topic of gay peoples persecution in the holocaust came up, said religious girl unironically said hitler should be brought back to take care of them (to a class thats entirely comprised of slavs, including a jewish kid)

i’ve said all of this before anyway, was thinking of getting involved but there is no changing anyones minds on this topic so i decided not to waste my energy on it, a pleasant surprise was the fact that i found out that there is a pretty significant part of the class that in fact, agrees that these people are batshit insane, but also didnt bother saying anything

One or two of them got involved to defend it but were drowned out by yelling and pretty much gave up, which in turn practically formed an echochamber that spent the rest of the day repeating the same shit and getting further riled up about gay people

210 days to go i guess

Andrew

Atom
Nebulae
(was surprised to find out we are involved with the freemasons)
Did you really expect to slip this in and for me to not notice?

However

Just shut up about it lmao let people be freaks and worry over this garbage anyways
gender is a construct not needed in modern times, and here's the true schizophrenia you should acknowledge
1636665533372.png

I will never understand why these countries and their peoples worry over this garbage waste of time of social construct instead of focus on actual issues at hand
maybe it's people just wanting some old, ancient, outdated form of 'coming together' over an issue that doesn't involve anything more than agreeing or something since then they don't have to go outside

buncha weirdos

Reactions: List

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae

I was surprised this post was from may of this year, I thought it was way older, preemptively sorry for putting a bit of a damper on this thread

had some dudes in class bring up the fact that alexander the great was bi, muslim girl said that its inherently against islam and christianity, guy that originally brought up alexander says he is a non-believer, queue argument

it was like a double whammy religion/homosexuality debate, really the only thing missing was to get politics involved and you’ve got a trifecta of the three things you never should fucking talk about at school

These past 2 days (and I’m expecting this to continue tomorrow as well) have been non stop debating, including dragging teachers into these debates (who participate themselves)

at this point im honestly mostly unphased by that, heard the regular shit like its against the religions, its a mental illness, that theres some global gay agenda (was surprised to find out we are involved with the freemasons)

Somehow the topic of gay peoples persecution in the holocaust came up, said religious girl unironically said hitler should be brought back to take care of them (to a class thats entirely comprised of slavs, including a jewish kid)

i’ve said all of this before anyway, was thinking of getting involved but there is no changing anyones minds on this topic so i decided not to waste my energy on it, a pleasant surprise was the fact that i found out that there is a pretty significant part of the class that in fact, agrees that these people are batshit insane, but also didnt bother saying anything

One or two of them got involved to defend it but were drowned out by yelling and pretty much gave up, which in turn practically formed an echochamber that spent the rest of the day repeating the same shit and getting further riled up about gay people

210 days to go i guess
people are usually a product of their parents, their teachings and groundings taught in household and through religion. as macedonia - like the rest of old yugoslavia slowly wanes from its older generation of eastern orthodoxy and traditional islamism's(that are both more a product of culture than religion) i think it'll get a lot better; especially in an age of approaching information wherein people like yourself can get educated without the need for peers to tell them whats right and wrong.

i reckon that unfortunately the only thing that can drive the ethics forward is time and as previously stated, whilst people are getting more and more computers per household; information of their own. I wouldn't hold it all underwater to say - macedonia, and the place where you live is inherently bad - it's the teachings of older times. That too, in future times - with the right people will pass.

much support, stay strong

Mic15000

The Underdog
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae

call me weird, I love classes like this, the chance to debate those nut jobs brings me joy, just to shove a bajillion amount of evidence down their face. Keep your head high king the times are changing, as time goes on these things /should/ get better as we get more globalized and educated!

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae
call me weird, I love classes like this, the chance to debate those nut jobs brings me joy, just to shove a bajillion amount of evidence down their face.
probably much harder to do in places as such when you're surrounded by bigots who would and/or express the want to physically harass and hurt you outside of the space of debate and get away with it.

Mic15000

The Underdog
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
probably much harder to do in places as such when you're surrounded by bigots who would and/or express the want to physically harass and hurt you outside of the space of debate and get away with it.

Let's hope times do change indeed then

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae

210 days to go i guess

alexander the great is far cooler than anyone in your school and him being gay gave him the energy he needed to conquer half the known world

Andrew

Atom
Nebulae
alexander the great is far cooler than anyone in your school and him being gay gave him the energy he needed to conquer half the known world
well yeah he is, modern day macedonians are heavily slavic instead of greek, can't remember off the top of my head if the actual greek macedonians were pushed out or killed
people use it as a larp to try justifying their wacky arguments when the reality is they're more slavic

Mute

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
well yeah he is, modern day macedonians are heavily slavic instead of greek, can't remember off the top of my head if the actual greek macedonians were pushed out or killed
people use it as a larp to try justifying their wacky arguments when the reality is they're more slavic
bruce-almighty-comedy.gif

don't fall for right winger larping, its fucking stupid

antiquitization is the result of right wing parties attempting to push a false narrative (for some fucking reason I still don't know, prestige probably?). very few people will outright claim they're descendants of "ancient macedonians" but I'll build on the link later on

discussing ethnicities in the balkans, especially my fucking region which has been inhabited by every group of people to set foot in the fucking balkans for all of civilizations existance, is futile, cause we're literally mongrel people

there have been greeks, there have been romans, there have been slavs, there have been albanians, there have been turks, there have been vlachs, we're literally in the crossroads of the balkans (same goes for other countries here too they just claim gene superiority or some crap)

There is no denying that in the end, we are largely slavic, but again, we aren't "purely" slavic, this is what people use to justify that claim, cause the slavs that settled here in the 7th century mingled (and yes they did some killing and pillaging on the way, but eventually settled, not all of the population was wiped out or killed) with the already existing population of romans and hellens (hellenics? Hellenic people)

at the same time we're in this superposition of, of course being descendants of the people that lived here centuries ago, and not being related to them at fucking all cause the culture, language and religions have changed to the point of there being little to no connection

What people fail to realize is that, before the rise of nationalism in the 18th-19th century it probably didn't fucking matter at all, there were no classifications, you were a greek, a turk or a slav, maybe an albanian if you were from the west, and maybe sometimes you were called something else, but what you were referred to the language you spoke and your religion and general-ish region, or who you milked cows and harvested beans for, or the king that you fought for

This is where the inherent issue arises, cause the ottoman region of macedonia both encompasses the modern country, the greek region, and even parts of bulgaria and albania, people there were either slavic macedonians, greek macedonians, turkish macedonians, whatever

and again, our region was and is highly contested by literally all our fucking neighbours (we caused the balkan wars btw), so there was a major process of [x nationality here]-ianization where churches were established, people were converted to x and y, schools were built for z nationality and language, hiring cartographers to align with your propaganda without much consideration for the people who, you know, actually fucking lived there in an attempt to lay claim to the land, including further muddying up what or who we actually are

christian people (mainly slavs) in that region made a push for the establishment of their own country then, but we were kinda late to the independence party and remained under ottoman control unlike the serbs, greeks and bulgarians, but it was never realized, and the region changed hands so many times in the span of 50-75 or so years it hurts your brain to try and rationalize it

The result of the mixed and difficult to grasp history of the region and people, coupled with nationalism as a result of the yugoslav wars, and riding the high from the recent declaration of independence where many people finally saw a chance to propel ourselves forward (considering we werent part of the yugoslav wars, but you can see how it turned out) kinda folded in on itself

The country was governed by the right wing party and entered a process of antiquitization, we layed claim to a lot of things, mainly the ancient macedonians, Skopje 2014 was also a big thing (you can look it up, ruined the city, made these fucking ugly ass neo-classicist buildings and erected a giant statue of alexander in our capitals square) helped push the ideas forward

I still have no fucking clue why, maybe it was prestige, I think once read a clipping from an old newspaper report (at least I think) from the late 1800s, during the initial rise of nationalism where there were people claiming some connections to the ancient macedonians, so maybe the idea wasn't inherently new, but take it as a grain of salt cause I can't find it now

to iterate my final point, no, we aren't "ancient macedonians", in modern times it was the result of the right wing parties corrupt schemes and propaganda (which ended in the fraud/embezzlement of millions of dollars and our PM fleeing to hungary), coupled with a confusing history itself, and yes, we are slavs

and as I said, take what I say with a grain of salt, I'm not infallible but I tried to be as objective as I can, I grew up during that period of "antiquitization", where our school was pretty propagandized but I try to research shit as indepdentently and objectively as I can

making claims to ancient civilizations is fucking dumb anyway french people dont call themselves gauls and shit

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae

antiquitization is the result of right wing parties attempting to push a false narrative (for some fucking reason I still don't know, prestige probably?). very few people will outright claim they're descendants of "ancient macedonians" but I'll build on the link later on

discussing ethnicities in the balkans, especially my fucking region which has been inhabited by every group of people to set foot in the fucking balkans for all of civilizations existance, is futile, cause we're literally mongrel people

there have been greeks, there have been romans, there have been slavs, there have been albanians, there have been turks, there have been vlachs, we're literally in the crossroads of the balkans (same goes for other countries here too they just claim gene superiority or some crap)

There is no denying that in the end, we are largely slavic, but again, we aren't "purely" slavic, this is what people use to justify that claim, cause the slavs that settled here in the 7th century mingled (and yes they did some killing and pillaging on the way, but eventually settled, not all of the population was wiped out or killed) with the already existing population of romans and hellens (hellenics? Hellenic people)

at the same time we're in this superposition of, of course being descendants of the people that lived here centuries ago, and not being related to them at fucking all cause the culture, language and religions have changed to the point of there being little to no connection

What people fail to realize is that, before the rise of nationalism in the 18th-19th century it probably didn't fucking matter at all, there were no classifications, you were a greek, a turk or a slav, maybe an albanian if you were from the west, and maybe sometimes you were called something else, but what you were referred to the language you spoke and your religion and general-ish region, or who you milked cows and harvested beans for, or the king that you fought for

This is where the inherent issue arises, cause the ottoman region of macedonia both encompasses the modern country, the greek region, and even parts of bulgaria and albania, people there were either slavic macedonians, greek macedonians, turkish macedonians, whatever

and again, our region was and is highly contested by literally all our fucking neighbours (we caused the balkan wars btw), so there was a major process of [x nationality here]-ianization where churches were established, people were converted to x and y, schools were built for z nationality and language, hiring cartographers to align with your propaganda without much consideration for the people who, you know, actually fucking lived there in an attempt to lay claim to the land, including further muddying up what or who we actually are

christian people (mainly slavs) in that region made a push for the establishment of their own country then, but we were kinda late to the independence party and remained under ottoman control unlike the serbs, greeks and bulgarians, but it was never realized, and the region changed hands so many times in the span of 50-75 or so years it hurts your brain to try and rationalize it

The result of the mixed and difficult to grasp history of the region and people, coupled with nationalism as a result of the yugoslav wars, and riding the high from the recent declaration of independence where many people finally saw a chance to propel ourselves forward (considering we werent part of the yugoslav wars, but you can see how it turned out) kinda folded in on itself

The country was governed by the right wing party and entered a process of antiquitization, we layed claim to a lot of things, mainly the ancient macedonians, Skopje 2014 was also a big thing (you can look it up, ruined the city, made these fucking ugly ass neo-classicist buildings and erected a giant statue of alexander in our capitals square) helped push the ideas forward

I still have no fucking clue why, maybe it was prestige, I think once read a clipping from an old newspaper report (at least I think) from the late 1800s, during the initial rise of nationalism where there were people claiming some connections to the ancient macedonians, so maybe the idea wasn't inherently new, but take it as a grain of salt cause I can't find it now

to iterate my final point, no, we aren't "ancient macedonians", in modern times it was the result of the right wing parties corrupt schemes and propaganda (which ended in the fraud/embezzlement of millions of dollars and our PM fleeing to hungary), coupled with a confusing history itself, and yes, we are slavs

and as I said, take what I say with a grain of salt, I'm not infallible but I tried to be as objective as I can, I grew up during that period of "antiquitization", where our school was pretty propagandized but I try to research shit as indepdentently and objectively as I can

making claims to ancient civilizations is fucking dumb anyway french people dont call themselves gauls and shit
k26XWzG.png

Andrew

Atom
Nebulae

i don't know anything about europe i just spouted precisely what my friend who knows a lot about european culture (american) said
mission accomplished i guess?