Serious LGBT Thread

bubblegum

you should see me in a crown
Nebulae
or we can all try to talk about things like mature people which I know the majority of this community is actually capable of

i don't think anyone is capable of that, outside this community or not. people are so entrenched in their opinion, and ego stops people from backing down. arguing imo is about persuading other people. thats why i never argue 1 on 1, because people will deny actual proof of things if it goes against their beliefs.

Must be careful to be taken seriously by raiden oh yes lmao

excuse me sir this is a negativity free zone. shade is not allowed

Raiden

cool cat
Premium Member
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Must be careful to be taken seriously by raiden oh yes lmao
No that's not the point Dallas the point is you're consistently showing yourself incapable of having conversations about politics or current affairs without brandishing some sly insult or other childish name calling

grow the fuck up bro you're not funny

Reactions: List

bubblegum

Nebulae
No that's not the point Dallas the point is you're consistently showing yourself incapable of having conversations about politics or current affairs without brandishing some sly insult or other childish name calling

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
I don't think I've conveyed my thoughts and opinions in an unconventional manner - I know certain people have and I'm quite clear in my own conscience that I've not done or said anything out of the normal for political debate.

I wasn't meaning unconventional but rather the thing we mentioned about you acting rather edgy or whatever when it doesn't fit you at all. This doesn't matter here however dude nor you've hurt anyone with it. People's opinion is something to take into account but you shouldn't allow them to drive your life.

Not going to lie though the only issue I keep finding is certain individuals who I will name mainly right now as @Dallas consistently using the word nonce as an attack on me for disagreeing with my points of view.

Needs to stop - it's not funny, you're not funny and it ruins any chance of me taking you seriously when we're talking about important things on current affairs.

Things get heated all the time over there and in the end all things said are applied more to what you say rather than who or how you are. Believe me when I say we're more permissive moderation wise when it comes to Current Affairs since most of times issues don't go past a small ruckus than ends up being either forgotten or solved.

I mean I got called names left and right even when I wasn't insulting anyone but in no way I went and punished someone for it, I try to shrug all those off honestly since in the end it matters not.

To be fair, you really need a pretty thick skin for that part of the forums, if you want to fare well in most of its shenanigans.

lmao i didnt know what nonce meant until you actually said it in that one thread. what a stupid word. british ppl got silly insults.

ye so you can either not say your opinions and just let people be wrong, or you can say what you feel and accept the backlash of standing up for what you believe. imo both are equally bad options, you cant win for losing

ur dumb bobligem fuck you!11!!eleven

or we can all try to talk about things like mature people which I know the majority of this community is actually capable of

Sorry but even if Alex won't add the Doubt rating I will say it here.

The majority of this community might be capable of it but also most of it are very young people who care close to nothing about what you think or your feelings around it, mainly the reason why we have rules to enforce. People tend to be ungrateful as fuck when they believe their freedom to hurt others is a given and learn that we're here because we want to and we don't have anything aside from this.

I've tried to reason with many and tried to be as calm as possible, as well as doing a lot of stuff for the community and giving as much of my free time as I could, with no payment in return, and here I am not precisely happy about how I've been treated half the time. People think they can abuse you just because you're doing this voluntarily.

Apologies for the negative vibes, I just am filled with disdain for Tories tagging me, I'll leave it x

Let's just stop this path.

Raiden

cool cat
Premium Member
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I wasn't meaning unconventional but rather the thing we mentioned about you acting rather edgy or whatever when it doesn't fit you at all. This doesn't matter here however dude nor you've hurt anyone with it. People's opinion is something to take into account but you shouldn't allow them to drive your life.
They don't.

To be fair, you really need a pretty thick skin for that part of the forums, if you want to fare well in most of its shenanigans.
It's not justification though, and not going to lie more senior members of the forums do come with a certain responsibility to behave on said forums.
Sorry but even if Alex won't add the Doubt rating I will say it here.

The majority of this community might be capable of it but also most of it are very young people who care close to nothing about what you think or your feelings around it, mainly the reason why we have rules to enforce. People tend to be ungrateful as fuck when they believe their freedom to hurt others is a given and learn that we're here because we want to and we don't have anything aside from this.

I've tried to reason with many and tried to be as calm as possible, as well as doing a lot of stuff for the community and giving as much of my free time as I could, with no payment in return, and here I am not precisely happy about how I've been treated half the time. People think they can abuse you just because you're doing this voluntarily.
Enforce better rules then Current Affairs shouldn't be an excuse to be a dickhead.
Apologies for the negative vibes, I just am filled with disdain for Tories tagging me, I'll leave it x
Got a nice little Socrates quote for you x

bubblegum

Nebulae
Things get heated all the time over there and in the end all things said are applied more to what you say rather than who or how you are. Believe me when I say we're more permissive moderation wise when it comes to Current Affairs since most of times issues don't go past a small ruckus than ends up being either forgotten or solved.

Enforce better rules then Current Affairs shouldn't be an excuse to be a dickhead.

I've seen unironic racism and flaming of the first degree there. Current Affairs is where hope goes to die. Build a wall around the subforum and make fucking uhhhh fascists pay for it idk.

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
It's not justification though, and not going to lie more senior members of the forums do come with a certain responsibility to behave on said forums.

Don't tie older with wiser.

Honestly I would but that's pretty easy to say when you don't have to deal with the backlash of banning or muting 5 to 10 people in bulk from a thread.

We can't exactly be trigger happy and turn CA into a weekly firing squad because that would make the cure worse than the disease.

Raiden

cool cat
Premium Member
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Don't tie older with wiser.

Honestly I would but that's pretty easy to say when you don't have to deal with the backlash of banning or muting 5 to 10 people in bulk from a thread.

We can't exactly be trigger happy and turn CA into a weekly firing squad because that would make the cure worse than the disease.
There's one simple rule you should probably just add then being:-

If you need to insult someone or call them a name to make your point, your point is probably a shit one

bubblegum

Nebulae

im not a mod but i feel like the level of what gets you banned in CA is pretty low, as it seems most comments are literally fascist rhetoric and racism. this isnt a criticism of the moderation btw, just the ppl who share their awful takes there lol.

If you need to insult someone or call them a name to make your point, your point is probably a shit one

insulting ppl takes eases years of trauma tho

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae

That's not a rule just a take on argumentation. But I see what you mean.

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Guys, not this thread.

This is the positivity thread and has been for 56 pages. Don't ruin that - we have so many other threads in current affairs that're negative shitholes. Keep it there.

bubblegum

Nebulae
mpc369hv04241.jpg

moj2h7n154241.jpg

Pict

Scottish Highlander
Nebulae
dude this is fucking epic but why is this on an lgbt thread

Felt like posting here because I like the vibe of my fellow gays+

not to mention I've been accidently trigging conversations about Scandanavian weather with my Banana suit and debate about f i s h f o o d