Serious LGBT Thread

Sil

jus one more fing
Nebulae
I feel bad for understanding the purpose of the Bill and the positives that it presents.

I respect that minors who are transgender will be affected majorly by this bill, and I understand it'll cause significant issues if it goes through. However, allowing children to reassign their gender before they're legally considered adults, as well as stop/delay puberty, is something that can have very dire consequences. Mainly, their brain hasn't fully developed and as much as they may've matured they're still in the process of growing and maturing into their respective bodies. It's very difficult to prove if teenagers and children are genuinely affected by gender dysphoria, and the bill is simply in place to help prevent children from making choices that they otherwise might regret majorly in the future, and will require a lot of help to revert.

What the bill specifies is that a minor considers someone under the age of 18 who isn't emancipated; this would surely give a legal backing as to why someone may wish to become legally emancipated in order to receive the treatment. That doesn't mean the parents have to essentially 'forsake' their children, as they still have the choice to look after them and care for them.

I'm simply defending the bill, and hold nothing against anyone who is Transgender

Goatson

Guardian
Nebulae
I feel bad for understanding the purpose of the Bill and the positives that it presents.

I respect that minors who are transgender will be affected majorly by this bill, and I understand it'll cause significant issues if it goes through. However, allowing children to reassign their gender before they're legally considered adults, as well as stop/delay puberty, is something that can have very dire consequences. Mainly, their brain hasn't fully developed and as much as they may've matured they're still in the process of growing and maturing into their respective bodies. It's very difficult to prove if teenagers and children are genuinely affected by gender dysphoria, and the bill is simply in place to help prevent children from making choices that they otherwise might regret majorly in the future, and will require a lot of help to revert.

What the bill specifies is that a minor considers someone under the age of 18 who isn't emancipated; this would surely give a legal backing as to why someone may wish to become legally emancipated in order to receive the treatment. That doesn't mean the parents have to essentially 'forsake' their children, as they still have the choice to look after them and care for them.

I'm simply defending the bill, and hold nothing against anyone who is Transgender
You do realize the bill also makes teachers and other school employees legally obligated to inform a kids parents if they as much as much as suspect that a kid might have gender dysphoria.

Which can have INCREDIBLE negative rammifications like abuse, being shunned by the family, and similar if the parents are less tolerant.

That part is what makes the bill awful.

Keep in mind this isn’t a CA thread so let’s keep it cool yea?

Reactions: List

Whilt

Woh
Nebulae
5p1gqhd2h1y31.jpg

trans rights are human rights

Sil

jus one more fing
Nebulae
You do realize the bill also makes teachers and other school employees legally obligated to inform a kids parents if they as much as much as suspect that a kid might have gender dysphoria.
Wait, really?

I must've missed that when reading, that's pretty scummy.
Although it makes sense (such as with the UK Education System, for when a child is at serious risk such as depression) for teachers & school employees to be obligated to report something akin to this, gender dysphoria certainly isn't something that should be.

Maybe if the bill was amended, it could help people out but right now it's quite dangerous

Deleted member 61

donator without a cause
Nebulae
a minor considers someone under the age of 18 who isn't emancipated; this would surely give a legal backing as to why someone may wish to become legally emancipated in order to receive the treatment.
If a minor of mine wants to be emancipated to get 'treatment', I would most certainly oblige them. I'm not going to force them to stay in a family against their will. I know an emancipated youth who made a great deal living out of somebody else's mother basement dealing shrooms, weed, and LSD. I'm sure they will be fine.

D

Deleted member 3818

Which can have INCREDIBLE negative rammifications like abuse, being shunned by the family, and similar if the parents are less tolerant.

That part is what makes the bill awful.

Keep in mind this isn’t a CA thread so let’s keep it cool yea?
I don’t agree with this but at the same time I don’t think it’ll translate over into real life the way people think it will. Legal obligation or not, I doubt many teachers or whatever will actually follow up on this and I doubt any will ever receive actual punishment for not doing so.

Zombine

DevelopersDevelopersDevelop
Nebulae
correct me if I’m wrong but isn’t it like 10x harder to transition after you’re 18? As in, it may be more medically complicated or expensive to perform, whereas if it’s done before you’ve developed it’s much easier? If that’s the case, then any time I see these bills I think that yes it must be good in a way but at the same time all I see it doing is causing distress.

Sil

jus one more fing
Nebulae
correct me if I’m wrong but isn’t it like 10x harder to transition after you’re 18? As in, it may be more medically complicated or expensive to perform, whereas if it’s done before you’ve developed it’s much easier? If that’s the case, then any time I see these bills I think that yes it must be good in a way but at the same time all I see it doing is causing distress.
The transition's more difficult after puberty as the hormonal changes have taken place.
Puberty blockers are often used to prevent or delay these until a person feels ready.

Deleted member 61

donator without a cause
Nebulae
The transition's more difficult after puberty as the hormonal changes have taken place.
Puberty blockers are often used to prevent or delay these until a person feels ready.
The catch is that half of people believe you should be fully mentally developed prior to making the decision, and the other's argument against waiting until the brain is fully developed is that the body will be fully developed as well.

Sil

jus one more fing
Nebulae
The catch is that half of people believe you should be fully mentally developed prior to making the decision, and the other's argument against waiting until the brain is fully developed is that the body will be fully developed as well.
Seems like both are equal arguments for and against it.
Such is life.

Deleted member 61

donator without a cause
Nebulae
Seems like both are equal arguments for and against it.
Such is life.
Yeah, that's true. Some people kill themselves because they did not get to transitions, others kill themselves because they regret transitioning. Either way you draw it, it's a tragedy when any life ends itself. I can't say I know for sure what the right way forward is, but I just know that I hope I don't have to deal with it when I have kids. Seems like an unbelievable headache for parents.

D

Deleted member 3818

Bruh, minors should not be allowed to cut their dicks off no question about it. I bet at least half of them are just going through a phase and they shouldn’t be in a world that encourages them to go undergo extreme surgeries. On top of that, I only really see this happening to children with parents that are supporting, funding and potentially influencing them to do it, which fucks it up on a whole nother layer

bubblegum

you should see me in a crown
Nebulae
Bruh, minors should not be allowed to cut their dicks off no question about it. I bet at least half of them are just going through a phase and they shouldn’t be in a world that encourages them to go undergo extreme surgeries. On top of that, I only really see this happening to children with parents that are supporting, funding and potentially influencing them to do it, which fucks it up on a whole nother layer

Children cannot undergo gender reassignment surgery. You need to be 18+ that. Unless you guys have actually read the WPATH standards of care, stop posting your uniformed opinion.

Before puberty, physical intervention isn’t used. During the time of puberty, blockers can be used. There is no evidence of any long term effects on brain development, and any risk there is is outweighed by the pros of delayed puberty.

D

Deleted member 3818

Children cannot undergo gender reassignment surgery. You need to be 18+ that. Unless you guys have actually read the WPATH standards of care, stop posting your uniformed opinion.

Before puberty, physical intervention isn’t used. During the time of puberty, blockers can be used. There is no evidence of any long term effects on brain development, and any risk there is is outweighed by the pros of delayed puberty.
My bad then I thought that was what the bill was about. But if you’re talking about those estrogen pills, do they not do permanent damage to your hormonal system or whatever? Either way I still have the same stance on any sort of physical altercation of a minor for cosmetic purposes.

bubblegum

you should see me in a crown
Nebulae
My bad then I thought that was what the bill was about. But if you’re talking about those estrogen pills, do they not do permanent damage to your hormonal system or whatever? Either way I still have the same stance on any sort of physical altercation of a minor for cosmetic purposes.

children don’t take estrogen. Teenagers and above would.

Hormone replacement therapy isn’t minor or cosmetic. It’s proven to help treat gender dysphoria.

Postal

Molecule
Nebulae

milquetoast

D

Deleted member 3818

children don’t take estrogen. Teenagers and above would.

Hormone replacement therapy isn’t minor or cosmetic. It’s proven to help treat gender dysphoria.
But if by teenagers you mean people that are under 18 were still talking about minors. And no minor should be able to undergo any sort of physical altercation that could do damage to their mental or physical development.

Goatson

Guardian
Nebulae
But if by teenagers you mean people that are under 18 were still talking about minors. And no minor should be able to undergo any sort of physical altercation that could do damage to their mental or physical development.
blockers im aight with personally since its just that, blockers
hormones under 18 i dunno about chief

D

Deleted member 3818

blockers im aight with personally since its just that, blockers
hormones under 18 i dunno about chief
I’m not really well informed with these things tbh but I can’t assume that messing with your body’s natural development is good in any way.

Goatson

Guardian
Nebulae
I’m not really well informed with these things tbh but I can’t assume that messing with your body’s natural development is good in any way.
blockers basically just block puberty so you dont get hormones that alter your body that way while youre taking them, theres some conspiracy shit about it messing stuff up but really the only big side effect is when you go off them you might need extra hormones to go through puberty and develop things associated with it normally