Serious LGBT Thread

D

Deleted member 3818

blockers basically just block puberty so you dont get hormones that alter your body that way while youre taking them, theres some conspiracy shit about it messing stuff up but really the only big side effect is when you go off them you might need extra hormones to go through puberty and develop things associated with it normally
Yeah that’s what I mean though, I just can’t agree with minors being allowed and encouraged to fuck with their natural development. Doesn’t seem right to me.

Sil

jus one more fing
Nebulae
Good thing ur not a doctor then
I've sorta noticed you tend to add snide little comments to the opinions people have, and I'm genuinely curious why you do it.

Just because people don't agree with you on a notably controversial topic doesn't mean they should be insulted for it. It just seems pretty immature and shows a lack of respect for them. They're coming on here to express their opinions just as you are, and I don't see many (if any) insults or snide remarks directed at you. And even if they are, doesn't mean you have to stoop down to their level.

It just seems really unfair for you to be doing that to people who want to express their views.

Tinbe

Molecule
Nebulae
Yeah that’s what I mean though, I just can’t agree with minors being allowed and encouraged to fuck with their natural development. Doesn’t seem right to me.
One could argue that for a trans person, growing up into the body of the gender they don't want to be is fucking with their natural development.

Reactions: List

Bronn

Atom
Nebulae
One could argue that for a trans person, growing up into the body of the gender they don't want to be is fucking with their natural development.

one could also argue that you can't know for sure if they've got dysphoria or are just going through a phase in life

Zombine

DevelopersDevelopersDevelop
Nebulae
one could also argue that you can't know for sure if they've got dysphoria or are just going through a phase in life
isn't that all the more reason to let them choose? because no one can truly know what's going on in someone's head except themself?

Bronn

Atom
Nebulae
isn't that all the more reason to let them choose? because no one can truly know what's going on in someone's head except themself?

if it's just a phase it will pass by the time they've matured without the risk of them ruining their lives needlessly

if its dysphoria they can still get the hormones and stuff when they reach the legal age to do so

we're talking about a decision that can change a child's life forever, a decision which could be also influenced by parents hungry for fame

Zombine

Nebulae
a decision which could be also influenced by parents hungry for fame
well, I don't think we're judging this based on whether a parent wants their child to transition or not. I'm not talking about all the BuzzFeed moms that call their child "them" and have birthday parties with gender-neutral grey decor. I mean a typical person who is of reasonably sound mind.

at least here in the united states, if a teenager who is legally able to drive and enlist in the army wants to take blockers or begin a transition, I don't see why we should stop them. IF despite counsel from doctors and medical professionals—NOT from a concerned armchair therapist—they still want to proceed, then the weight of that decision is theirs to bear.
we already let teenagers prove themselves independent and move out of their homes, and if such a decision like that is open to them, why not this one too?

Charlie

Atom
Nebulae
No. If they go through being trans, and regret it later, it's going going to fuck up their whole life. Let them grow up to think for themselves first

Bronn

Atom
Nebulae
well, I don't think we're judging this based on whether a parent wants their child to transition or not. I'm not talking about all the BuzzFeed moms that call their child "them" and have birthday parties with gender-neutral grey decor. I mean a typical person who is of reasonably sound mind.

at least here in the united states, if a teenager who is legally able to drive and enlist in the army wants to take blockers or begin a transition, I don't see why we should stop them. IF despite counsel from doctors and medical professionals—NOT from a concerned armchair therapist—they still want to proceed, then the weight of that decision is theirs to bear.
we already let teenagers prove themselves independent and move out of their homes, and if such a decision like that is open to them, why not this one too?

driving a car is not on the same scale as swapping genders and you still need parental consent to join the army before the age of 18 and it's not like they will send a 17 years old boy fight in Iran

driving a car and living on your parent's back in a rented out apartment is nowhere near the same as swapping your gender and neither of the two examples results in manipulating your body's biological structure and mental state of mind

Zombine

Nebulae
No. If they go through being trans, and regret it later, it's going going to fuck up their whole life. Let them grow up to think for themselves first
there's plenty of other things they can do to "fuck up their whole life" that our country seemingly doesn't mind, this one doesn't seem that different.

driving a car and living on your parent's back in a rented out apartment is nowhere near the same as swapping your gender and neither of the two examples results in manipulating your body's biological structure and mental state of mind
i didn't mean a direct comparison between the act of driving and this, more so that our laws consider people to be an adult on a very gray scale. traffic accident? you're an adult you should know better. trying to smoke a cigarette? you're not an adult can't do it. ok you're 21, legally able to drink alcohol, great, you're an adult now; still can't test drive a car, you're not an adult.

now disregarding the specifics of the examples, I did say if they have heard the words of a medical professional and have received counsel but still decide to proceed, that should be their decision. I'm not saying let some 15-year-old pop into CVS or Walmart pharmacy and immediately pick up some hormones or whatever.
If they do end up regretting it, then it's a valuable life lesson that they can then work towards fixing with other medical procedures.
To put it rudely, let them fuck up their life if they want to, why care so deeply about what someone else wants to do? If they're being forced or pressured to do it, yeah stop that, but yet again, if they have been screened by a doctor and possibly a psychiatrist or something of that nature and they confirm they know what they're doing, let them run wild.

Charlie

Atom
Nebulae
there's plenty of other things they can do to "fuck up their whole life" that our country seemingly doesn't mind, this one doesn't seem that different.
What the hell. So what? Does that mean it's null, then?

Zombine

Nebulae
What the hell. So what? Does that mean it's null, then?
not sure what you mean by that.
my point is, of all the things we could prevent minors from doing to "fuck up their lives forever", why is this the hill so many people choose to die on?

Charlie

Atom
Nebulae
not sure what you mean by that.
my point is, of all the things we could prevent minors from doing to "fuck up their lives forever", why is this the hill so many people choose to die on?
Just cause I have an opinion on something doesn't mean it's a hill for me to die on. I'm just saying my opinion because kids can be easily manipulated into taking HRT/surgery. Just because there's a lot of things to prevent minors from doing doesn't mean it shouldn't be allowed.

Zombine

Nebulae
Just cause I have an opinion on something doesn't mean it's a hill for me to die on. I'm just saying my opinion because kids can be easily manipulated into taking HRT/surgery. Just because there's a lot of things to prevent minors from doing doesn't mean it shouldn't be allowed.
i didn't mean to insult you personally, only to make a statement about a large number of people focusing on this specific issue only.

if your main concern is that the children are being manipulated, this could easily be found out with a few questions from a trained expert. an evaluation by a medical professional, as I've suggested twice now, would likely yield the truth about the minor's intent and reasoning.