Serious LGBT Thread

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae
unless all diehard straights suddenly become pan, i dont really get the whole anti-label thing in regards to gender/sexuality
i can not relate to 99% of cishet media when it comes to relationships, expression and identity, i do not want to be in the same box as them

sure, i would love a gnc andro future where everyone is attracted to each other but that is not happening in my lifetime, nor probably ever
labels help me find people like me (to a degree) and build solidarity with them
i think you missed my point entirely

im not supposing that everyone suddenly becomes pan, im proposing you have a relationship with a person, not a gay relationship with a person nor a straight relationship with a person. the labels dont matter unless they're denoted so they realistically serve no purpose but to put people in boxes.

they dont need to be there, especially not in androgynous land. i dont have to tick the checkmarks to be a certain kind of person; I don't need to state who I am or why I am that way, I would simply say - this is the person I love and this is that.

the generation of tomorrow dont need to be taught that men can also love men, or that women can also love women; but rather than anyone can love anyone (of an appropriate age) and that the why's or how's of why that would define them is an arbitrary word that shouldn't matter.

eg: theres no such thing as being gay, you are just able to love a certain type of person.
12th century onwards gay meant joyful, that stuck around until it became something else.
late 17th century it meant "addicted to pleasures and dissipations"
then in every song of the 1950's gay meant cheery and joyful again. etc.
it's a label, its a word - and it's a pointless one in an ideal future.

Last edited:

Hunk

Extraction Point
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Embrace the human condition, love your fellow human

Isuckatgaming

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Embrace the human condition, love your fellow human
si99lxhz4mr71.png

constantdisplay

nokia talk 2002
Nebulae
i think you missed my point entirely

im not supposing that everyone suddenly becomes pan, im proposing you have a relationship with a person, not a gay relationship with a person nor a straight relationship with a person. the labels dont matter unless they're denoted so they realistically serve no purpose but to put people in boxes.

they dont need to be there, especially not in androgynous land. i dont have to tick the checkmarks to be a certain kind of person; I don't need to state who I am or why I am that way, I would simply say - this is the person I love and this is that.

the generation of tomorrow dont need to be taught that men can also love men, or that women can also love women; but rather than anyone can love anyone (of an appropriate age) and that the why's or how's of why that would define them is an arbitrary word that shouldn't matter.

eg: theres no such thing as being gay, you are just able to love a certain type of person.
12th century onwards gay meant joyful, that stuck around until it became something else.
late 17th century it meant "addicted to pleasures and dissipations"
then in every song of the 1950's gay meant cheery and joyful again. etc.
it's a label, its a word - and it's a pointless one in an ideal future.
while cishet is still considered to be the accepted standard - and while the average person is mentally incapable of seperating sex, gender expression, gender identity and sexuality - labels have to persist

ideally, people should be allowed to love anyone as the default like you said but i do not see that being openly accepted in my lifetime, no matter how much lgbt acceptance has progressed in the last 50 years or so

Reactions: List