Serious LGBT Thread

Lewis!

フローラルの専門店
Nebulae

6vj9URf.png

brave cis men defending womans rights like always

Why do people brought up on vicious assault charges get such light sentences all the time?

Reactions: List

Fawful

Neutrino
Nebulae
Imagine liking men but noone realizes it at first glance (Totally not me)

Mute

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
not really related to anything and i know this threads generally for more positive shit but has anyone else noticed how unhinged people are becoming about lgbt stuff recently

ever since last summer people have such a hate boner for queer stuff that they just bring it up any chance they get even if its not really related to the topic at all

have had my uncle randomly bring up trans people, proceed to explain how fucked up it is, talk shit about someones trans daughter all that type of stuff

had my moms good friend/neighbour randomly start ranting to me about a "3rd gender"/nonbinary people, totally unrelated to any topic at hand, literally never even discussed it before with her

have had coworkers randomly just voicing their disgust for gay and trans people

regularly hear customers discussing it over and over

its always the same topics

idk why these people always say these things and then proceed to look at you, and wait for a response/agreement. is it me? are they used to having echochamber ass discussions with others and just generally seeking approval expecting i give it to them?

do they just expect me to nod in agreement cause i look vaguely straight

at this point they bring this shit up more than i actually see queer people and like a good 80% of my friends are queer, its just odd to me

Fawful

Neutrino
Nebulae
not really related to anything and i know this threads generally for more positive shit but has anyone else noticed how unhinged people are becoming about lgbt stuff recently

ever since last summer people have such a hate boner for queer stuff that they just bring it up any chance they get even if its not really related to the topic at all

have had my uncle randomly bring up trans people, proceed to explain how fucked up it is, talk shit about someones trans daughter all that type of stuff

had my moms good friend/neighbour randomly start ranting to me about a "3rd gender"/nonbinary people, totally unrelated to any topic at hand, literally never even discussed it before with her

idk why these people always say these things and then proceed to look at you, and wait for a response/agreement. is it me? are they used to having echochamber ass discussions with others and just generally seeking approval expecting i give it to them?

at this point they bring this shit up more than i actually see queer people and like a good 80% of my friends are queer, its just odd to me
Tf u live in man

Everyone chills here

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae

idk american politics mass media broadcast leading to people accepting radicalized opinions as a norm
i hope people learn to love themselves as much as they hate other people and realize that the concerns of other people are their own
if only the average boomer was as concerned with the opiod epidemic and how people slowly killed themselves as they are with peoples personal choices and gender identity

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae

Typically these kind of "opinions" are caused either by dehumanisation of a group of people via media - whether that's via seeing news stories, judging entire groups by the actions of a few or it's caused by a lack of empathy/understanding of how people different from themselves actually are

It's a similar thing in the UK with immigrants - we have a fear mongering government/political parties who always talk about how much immigration is a big issue that's ruining this country and blah blah blah. Whether immigration itself is an issue, it's no reason to dehumanise actual human beings who come to this country usually for pretty good reasons.

I also wanna give my own example of some baffling shit involving the LGBT community. I play a game called Dead by Daylight and last year, they announced during their pride month activities that one of their pre-established characters who was implied to be straight (he had a gf in his lore) was actually gay. They didn't pull a Blizzard and just say it though, they gave him a fucking massive lore in game that talked about his struggles, etc etc. It could've been done better but it wasn't the worst way they could've done it

But some people got so mad, they went on the official forums and started demanding refunds on cosmetics and shit, saying they will refuse to play this character because he was gay despite the fact nothing about his personality was any different. His personality was 100% unchanged, all they did was tell a story about how he came to terms with something about himself.

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae
Typically these kind of "opinions" are caused either by dehumanisation of a group of people via media - whether that's via seeing news stories, judging entire groups by the actions of a few or it's caused by a lack of empathy/understanding of how people different from themselves actually are

It's a similar thing in the UK with immigrants - we have a fear mongering government/political parties who always talk about how much immigration is a big issue that's ruining this country and blah blah blah. Whether immigration itself is an issue, it's no reason to dehumanise actual human beings who come to this country usually for pretty good reasons.

I also wanna give my own example of some baffling shit involving the LGBT community. I play a game called Dead by Daylight and last year, they announced during their pride month activities that one of their pre-established characters who was implied to be straight (he had a gf in his lore) was actually gay. They didn't pull a Blizzard and just say it though, they gave him a fucking massive lore in game that talked about his struggles, etc etc. It could've been done better but it wasn't the worst way they could've done it

But some people got so mad, they went on the official forums and started demanding refunds on cosmetics and shit, saying they will refuse to play this character because he was gay despite the fact nothing about his personality was any different. His personality was 100% unchanged, all they did was tell a story about how he came to terms with something about himself.
think the more problematic part of this story is that you play dead by daylight

Last edited:

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
think more problematic part of this story is that you play dead by daylight
Literally the only multiplayer game I give a shit about these days.

Community's cringe sometimes though, as I just mentioned.

NightLock

LightKey's Evil twin
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Literally the only multiplayer game I give a shit about these days.

Community's cringe sometimes though, as I just mentioned.
They are wild, although I do have some profile rep from some very nice people I played against a while ago

On that note some OTHER people iirc called me a faggot because I had a rainbow flag hook cosmetic so, standard online gaming behaviour

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
On that note some OTHER people iirc called me a faggot because I had a rainbow flag hook cosmetic so, standard online gaming behaviour
Same game where some a subset of cringelords pride themselves on targetting people playing survivors that aren't white

kOpbN6S.png

This was a random thread I stumbled across on the official DBD forums sometime last year ish. The images in the thread are just pictures of the endgame chat where the dude mentioned in the thread was bragging about it lmao

NightLock

LightKey's Evil twin
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Same game where some a subset of cringelords pride themselves on targetting people playing survivors that aren't white

kOpbN6S.png

This was a random thread I stumbled across on the official DBD forums sometime last year ish. The images in the thread are just pictures of the endgame chat where the dude mentioned in the thread was bragging about it lmao
There's no 'depressing' ratings on the forums so-

I don't know why things be like this, it's the fucking worst. Game is very popular so I can't say I'm surprised it grows into these shitty little echochambers