List of Countries where women are oppressed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Yeah, finding the problem with some Danish dude putting his two cents into another country's affairs is real looney.
[doublepost=1526836111][/doublepost]
And what about those who want to democratically vote to keeping the Amendment?
nothing wrong with using my right of free speech to talk about something I personally consider wrong

You can't honestly be telling me with a straight face that taking away the personal right of deciding to have an abortion or not based on 800k people voting in a country with nearly 4 million people is alright

also wtf fair enough that you call husky a pinko but im nowhere near that at all

Goatson

Guardian
Nebulae
And what about those who want to democratically vote to keeping the Amendment?
What would you say if during that democratic vote, the side you support lost, has democracy suddenly failed and is bad, or is it simply the will of the people?
You keep talking about how democracy has failed, but that's only when it doesn't support what you support, innit?

Garda De Fier

Nucleus
B A N N E D
Nebulae
You can't honestly be telling me with a straight face that taking away the personal right of deciding to have an abortion or not based on 800k people voting in a country with nearly 4 million people is alright
The voter turnout for the Eight Amendment was 53.67% - if the 46.33% of the non-voters saw it as wrong, they could've voted and the Eight Amendment could have been shot down at conception; but it didn't. It was democratic, nobody restricted anything, they chose not to vote and the Pro-Life side came on top. We already have it so that Irish women can go abroad for abortion, we shouldn't compromise anymore.

You already have abortion over in your country, abortions aren't a universal right that we should hand out to all countries of the world. If the Irish people don't want to have abortion on the island, that is their right. Killing children isn't something we should allow universally; keep your baby-killing to Jutland and don't bring it to Leinster.

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
The voter turnout for the Eight Amendment was 53.67% - if the 46.33% of the non-voters saw it as wrong, they could've voted and the Eight Amendment could have been shot down at conception; but it didn't. It was democratic, nobody restricted anything, they chose not to vote and the Pro-Life side came on top. We already have it so that Irish women can go abroad for abortion, we shouldn't compromise anymore.

You already have abortion over in your country, abortions aren't a universal right that we should hand out to all countries of the world. If the Irish people don't want to have abortion on the island, that is their right. Killing children isn't something we should allow universally; keep your baby-killing to Jutland and don't bring it to Leinster.
But those people who don't want to get abortions can just

Y'know

Not get them and let those who want to get them in-country do it in peace

What's wrong with that

Reactions: List

Garda De Fier

Nucleus
B A N N E D
Nebulae
What would you say if during that democratic vote, the side you support lost, has democracy suddenly failed and is bad, or is it simply the will of the people?
You keep talking about how democracy has failed, but that's only when it doesn't support what you support, innit?
I respect the majoritarian will of the people, not the career politicians we have in the Dáil. Sometimes the people don't know what's good for them, but God does (Ireland was founded on Christian values, the 1937 Constitution was authored by a Bishop; John McQuaid) - so the Island's laws must coincide with the Christian values set forth in the bible.
Democracy has failed us many a time, people have voted for change just to be given none; they influence the will of the people all of the time.
Here's the thing Goatson, Ireland's democracy has no space or you. For you are not Irish.

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
I respect the majoritarian will of the people, not the career politicians we have in the Dáil. Sometimes the people don't know what's good for them, but God does (Ireland was founded on Christian values, the 1937 Constitution was authored by a Bishop; John McQuaid) - so the Island's laws must coincide with the Christian values set forth in the bible.
Democracy has failed us many a time, people have voted for change just to be given none; they influence the will of the people all of the time.
Here's the thing Goatson, Ireland's democracy has no space or you. For you are not Irish.
Ireland is techincally secular though

Goatson

Guardian
Nebulae
Sometimes the people don't know what's good for them, but God does (Ireland was founded on Christian values, the 1937 Constitution was authored by a Bishop; John McQuaid) - so the Island's laws must coincide with the Christian values set forth in the bible.
oh boy
Democracy has failed us many a time
OH BOY
And if I were to immigrate to Ireland and get myself an Irish citizenship, marry with an Irishman. Irish democracy still has no space for someone who is legally a citizen, just because he wasn't born there?

Garda De Fier

Nucleus
B A N N E D
Nebulae
But those people who don't want to get abortions can just

Y'know

Not get them and let those who want to get them in-country do it in peace

What's wrong with that
Because this country shouldn't harbor what it deems wrong on its own tax-money; if I found out that any of my tax-money went to state-funded abortion clinics (like our Minister of Health; Simon Harris wants) and the tight vote that the people voting will have to pay so some dumb bint can go vacuum a baby's limbs out of her crotch.
[doublepost=1526837714][/doublepost]
Ireland is techincally secular though
Secular or not, this country was founded by men who valued children's lives. Michael Collins, De Valera and other fighters of the 1916 Rising fought for a republic so that their children could be free rather than have them tossed in a clinic's dumpster.

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Because this country shouldn't harbor what it deems wrong on its own tax-money; if I found out that any of my tax-money went to state-funded abortion clinics (like our Minister of Health; Simon Harris wants) and the tight vote that the people voting will have to pay so some dumb bint can go vacuum a baby's limbs out of her crotch.
[doublepost=1526837714][/doublepost]
Secular or not, this country was founded by men who valued children's lives. Michael Collins, De Valera and other fighters of the 1916 Rising fought for a republic so that their children could be free rather than have them tossed in a clinic's dumpster.
So it would be fine if they had to go to privatized clinics and pay out of their own pocket

Garda De Fier

Nucleus
B A N N E D
Nebulae
So it would be fine if they had to go to privatized clinics and pay out of their own pocket
That's why they can go over to England, we don't want to profit off killing children, neither do we want to pay for it with our tax-money.
[doublepost=1526837935][/doublepost]
And if I were to immigrate to Ireland and get myself an Irish citizenship
Which I hope you don't, we already have enough scum here.
marry with an Irishman
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thirty-fourth_Amendment_of_the_Constitution_of_Ireland - Sadly, people voted this shit in to be legal and turned this country into a LGBT cesspit...But don't expect your marriage to be conducted by the Catholic Church. (Also don't you have a boyfriend, you cheating on him with Paddy from down the road?)

Goatson

Guardian
Nebulae

Garda De Fier

Nucleus
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Pleasure to be here mate xx
jacko_in_hell.jpg
idk man I think it's pretty cool

So is a lot of things.​

Garda De Fier

Nucleus
B A N N E D
Nebulae
>800k people voted for it so it's legitimate

>Democracy failed us many times
Implying I am advocating for full on totalitarian dictatorship and not a more efficiently structured form of government.
Democracy has failed us many times, at least with our career politicians.
Majoritarian Rule is only a failure if it is influenced by forces outside of the country that go against the moral fiber the country was founded on.

Status
Not open for further replies.