Deleted member 118

idk why we have a thread for jojo's but here's mine

81jS21RCVRL._SX425_.jpg

Dr.Towers

Nucleus
Nebulae

english subbed link in description

Some italiano commentarino on the episode so far:

-They Napoli "Neapolis" for some reason (It's not a way to say it or some weird dialect, it's just plain wrong).
-Lire are still being used as the main currency despite Euros being adopted in 1999, which is understandable considering Araki wrote the thing before that year but also partially true considering the trasition wasn't immediate and I remember for a time there was an entire market of Lire-to-euro converter calculators (I have one taking dust in the attic).
-The names are not so outlandish: "Giovanna" is a female first name and "Giorno" may be a last name (there's even an italian actress called "Giovanna Mezzogiorno") but using them the other way around is very improbable, "Bruno Bucciarati" it's ok but sounds very "Marvel-ish".
-I've read the first chapters of the manga and they have actually reconstructed the Naples's airport much more faithfully than it was in the original, too much perhaps considering that the big-ass "Foirerelle" (not sure if a typo or an attempt to avoid issues with the company) billboard when Giorno is about to meet Leaky-eye Luca was built in 2013, while the anime is set in 2001.
r2s1d4t130.01.14.JPG

Reactions: List

Dr.Towers

Nucleus
Nebulae
haha imagine your surname being mid-day

Not the weirdest italian last name I've seen to be honest, a famous anchorman from the 60'-70' was called "Mike Buongiorno", the previous president of the republic has "Napolitano" (Neapolitan) while the current one "Mattarella" (a variation of "rolling pin"). I remember that while in high school I was in the same class with a girl who had "Campomorto" ("Deadfield", an archaic way to say graveyard) as last name.

Reactions: List