Serious Medical/Mental Illness. Or a general well being thread

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae

>in the kitchen
>in the middle of cooking
>decide to pour myself a glass of white wine to enjoy while cooking and to have while eating
>return to pc while sauce is reducing
>its a longer period, takes around 2 hours
>sit at pc for nearly 40 minutes, stirring sauce intermittently
>reach out for glass of wine to have a sip
>its not there
>never took it with me out of the kitchen
>glass is sitting in exactly the same spot i poured it in
>completely blanked bringing it with me
>forgot about the very existence of the glass for the entire duration
>as if it never happened

b-bros?

2c618b5e72.png

bc2.jpg

Trains

ms paint artist extraordinaire
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae

>in the kitchen
>decide to pour myself a glass of white wine to enjoy while cooking and to have while eating
>its not there
>as if it never happened

b-bros?

2c618b5e72.png

bc2.jpg

you seen anyone about this yet bro?

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae

>in the kitchen
>its not there
>as if it never happened

b-bros?

2c618b5e72.png

bc2.jpg

dw man

either i had alzheimer's symptoms when i was 10 or im just a very forgetful person

walking into a room and forgetting why you walked in there is normal for a lot of people, and forgetting you're carrying/not carrying something is pretty normal too

at least for me lmfao

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
you seen anyone about this yet bro?
haven't really gotten around to it

it's probably nothing, right?
dw man

either i had alzheimer's symptoms when i was 10 or im just a very forgetful person

walking into a room and forgetting why you walked in there is normal for a lot of people, and forgetting you're carrying/not carrying something is pretty normal too

at least for me lmfao
its not that i forgot why i walked in there, i was doing something very specific, and pouring the wine was outside of what i was there for so it would be a distinct outlier in the routine of stirring and going back to the pc

i should've remembered

Reactions: List

Deleted member 442

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae

it's literally nothing, there's like a weird psychological phenomenon where our brains organize and store information/memories based on the environment they were generated in.

it's like moving things from ram to storage buried with all your hentai and other heathen shit and when you changed rooms your brain basically wiped the ram for the kitchen, moved it for storage, and gave you a clear cache for when you sat at your pc.

Trains

ms paint artist extraordinaire
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae

its not that i forgot why i walked in there, i was doing something very specific, and pouring the wine was outside of what i was there for so it would be a distinct outlier in the routine of stirring and going back to the pc

i should've remembered
it’s probably nothing you more than likely just had a brain fart

seriously it happens to everyone dude think nothing of it, i’m just saying don’t ignore it if it’s an often recurring problem

i take it it’s not

Mute

`impulse-approved
Nebulae

i should've remembered
ond i do the same shit constantly and end up with shit in my hands or forget things i was gonna go upstairs yesterday to get a hairtie while talking to a friend and realized i had it in my hand when i asked when tf did i get it they said they literally saw me go upstairs like 5 mins ago to get it and i had 0 memory of it

to be fair im very dumb but i doubt i have alzheimers and the youngest case i could find about it was in a guy in his thirties and ur a healthy guy in ur mid 20s (?) unless you have a history of alzheimers in your family you're prob fine

if it's a one time case it's probably just a brainfart with you focusing on not fucking up your sauce and forgetting to take it while at the same time being occupied/distracted by your computer

D

Deleted member 22

i have mostly everything i want and im genuinely miserable

>observer_

Proton
Nebulae

>in the kitchen
>its not there
>as if it never happened

b-bros?

2c618b5e72.png

bc2.jpg

hey dude as someone who forgets shit like this all of the time, i'd like to say you're probably fine. i will literally pour drinks, and then walk away to do something else and completely forget that i poured a drink -- so a full glass of water with ice, and the ice is gone by the time i remember to pick it up.

i have EXTREMELY bad ADHD personally and there's nothing i can do to treat it. i know that's not exactly the same, but i do think it is common for people to forget small things like that as i've seen it happen all of the time from people who aren't related to me. i just want you to know that shit like this is an extremely common occurrence and that it's most likely nothing, however, judging by a post made after this one it seems you may have family history

i would speak to a doctor about this if i were you, but overall, i don't think you have anything to worry about unless you're starting to forget things to a point of disorientation.

e: obvious disclaimer but i am not speaking from any kind of medical authority

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 243

She showed a sign of life so there's that

I look really dumb rn

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae

I look really dumb rn
Being overinvested and too available is dangerous
hey dude as someone who forgets shit like this all of the time, i'd like to say you're probably fine. i will literally pour drinks, and then walk away to do something else and completely forget that i poured a drink -- so a full glass of water with ice, and the ice is gone by the time i remember to pick it up.

i have EXTREMELY bad ADHD personally and there's nothing i can do to treat it. i know that's not exactly the same, but i do think it is common for people to forget small things like that as i've seen it happen all of the time from people who aren't related to me. i just want you to know that shit like this is an extremely common occurrence and that it's most likely nothing, however, judging by a post made after this one it seems you may have family history

i would speak to a doctor about this if i were you, but overall, i don't think you have anything to worry about unless you're starting to forget things to a point of disorientation.

e: obvious disclaimer but i am not speaking from any kind of medical authority
Forgot to put the food that i mealprepped the entire week in the fridge too

Woke up at 3 AM for a glass of water, to find 5 packaged boxes of sauce and pasta standing on the counter

What is happening

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae

Woke up at 3 AM for a glass of water, to find 5 packaged boxes of sauce and pasta standing on the counter

What is happening
ministroke moment
go see a doctor if you're worried
probably just stress though

D

Deleted member 243

What is happening
Hey maybe it'll go away? I'd give it a day or two before I go to the good doctor

Johnny B. Goode

Objectively Best MGS poster
Nebulae

I look really dumb rn
My relationship at the moment came from after a month of not talking to each other. We were very full on but the small break helped us appreciate how much we liked each other before I asked the question and made it official. If you're constantly begging for her to be in contact with you, it's not a good thing as Ond said. She probably has her reasons for not chatting.

What is happening
Go to the Doctor, no harm in it. Better to catch these things early if it is anything. And if it isn't anything, all the better

D

Deleted member 243

My relationship at the moment came from after a month of not talking to each other. We were very full on but the small break helped us appreciate how much we liked each other before I asked the question and made it official. If you're constantly begging for her to be in contact with you, it's not a good thing as Ond said. She probably has her reasons for not chatting.

Go to the Doctor, no harm in it. Better to catch these things early if it is anything. And if it isn't anything, all the better
I appreciate you sharing that but I don't love her. I just care about her as a friend