medieval-era rp

Nyanpasu

:))))))))
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Medieval Era Rp (More specifically high fantasy RP) In my opinion does not really work. One: because if you are going off a unique lore no matter how rich, many players wont bother to learn it. Two: if you go off something such as Skyrim, it opens the door to 500 million Mary Sue's. Combat would get very complicated with all the possibilities and it would probably end in a circular OOC debate.

ALTHOUGH-- if the idea was fully realized it would be amazing. I'm just being pessimistic.

Dr Heckyll

Molecule
Nebulae
English Civil War rp when???
oliver-cromwell.jpg

Black Rain (1989)

The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Chardust
Nebulae
People complained that they didn't know how to RP as someone / empathise with a character in 1990. How can you expect people to RP as someone from the fucking 1190s lmao.

Reactions: List

ddæ

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
insightful as ever rams
you want me to rp some dirt poor peasant who gets a drill in the head when he icly gets a headache whilst others are riding around carrying sword sweps and talking about hitler as assassins creed knights? no thanks mate

Subeh

john rebelrp
Nebulae
you want me to rp some dirt poor peasant who gets a drill in the head when he icly gets a headache whilst others are riding around carrying sword sweps and talking about hitler as assassins creed knights? no thanks mate
that isnt what i implied at all

that wasnt the only thing happening during that time period you know, it's a stretch of like 1000 years

ddæ

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
that isnt what i implied at all

that wasnt the only thing happening during that time period you know, it's a stretch of like 1000 years
and ive just given my thoughts on it

you want me to talk in the dialect of events that span 952 years ago, where english wasn't even a conceptualized language, and you expect me to relate to that character and act serious?

Subeh

john rebelrp
Nebulae
and ive just given my thoughts on it

you want me to talk in the dialect of events that span 952 years ago, where english wasn't even a conceptualized language, and you expect me to relate to that character and act serious?
i dont want or expect you to do anything lol

things dont have to be followed to an absolute T, either - if that was the case games wouldnt be very fun now would they

Subeh

john rebelrp
Nebulae
overall it seems to be a good concept, it'd just be nearly impossible to execute on a large scale without combat and lore becoming a consistently debated issue

seems like basing it off of a medieval fantasy game of some kind would be the most plausible thing to do

Reactions: List