medieval-era rp

Dr Heckyll

Molecule
Nebulae
I fucking love Fallout 1 & 2's atmosphere.
I have to say fallout 1 was the more bleaker, depressing and better mad max-esque athmosphere about it, however I still heavily appreciate the wild west frontier pioneering town feel around fallout 2 that's present throughout the majority of the game

Reactions: List

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae
I have to say fallout 1 was the more bleaker, depressing and better mad max-esque athmosphere about it, however I still heavily appreciate the wild west frontier pioneering town feel around fallout 2 that's present throughout the majority of the game
im gonna have to stop you right there, you could have a car in Fallout 2 and it could be picked apart by other car people in a chop shop. That's Mad Max right there.

Honestly Fallout 2 is just the ultimate pc game of all time no pc game's ever gonna top it you know I'm right

Deleted member 61

donator without a cause
Nebulae
what did he mean by this
when you got rid of the catholic filth.

do you not get educated on your own history, assuming you're from the UK?

this is literally the history that made the UK an actual impressive country and changed its trajectory relative to all other european nations.

Dr.Towers

Nucleus
Nebulae
Glorious Revolution of 1688 Roleplay.

I want to play as a Puritan who is to radical for the Anglican Church.

American colonization RP, can't wait to see natives shotcoping colonists with op bow and arrow sweps and then getting killed icly by flu.

Tinbe

Molecule
Nebulae
Magic is also a very fickle thing to handle if the medieval server's going fantasy route. Do you make it something everyone or few people can do? Is it an everyday thing with greater feats still impressive, or rare with even small things found amazing - yet in retrospect making greater feats incredibly rare to the point of being next to nonexistent?

And that's just actual mechanics, lore needs a whole lot more spins to it with magic bringing with it magic-related animals - though having fantasy theme already has that effect. Do you go a story more 'generic', yet perhaps easier to get into, or make a story with enough effort to produce something unique - at the cost of potential players needing to invest more time into knowing it?

Deleted member 374

jesus christ denton
Nebulae
Magic is also a very fickle thing to handle if the medieval server's going fantasy route. Do you make it something everyone or few people can do? Is it an everyday thing with greater feats still impressive, or rare with even small things found amazing - yet in retrospect making greater feats incredibly rare to the point of being next to nonexistent?

And that's just actual mechanics, lore needs a whole lot more spins to it with magic bringing with it magic-related animals - though having fantasy theme already has that effect. Do you go a story more 'generic', yet perhaps easier to get into, or make a story with enough effort to produce something unique - at the cost of potential players needing to invest more time into knowing it?
in my own lore, magic is relatively easy to get into but damn near impossible to master. party tricks and lifehack-type spells are simple to learn given the proper training, but becoming an actual wizard or sorcerer is a long, arduous process that requires years and years of meditation and focus. it’s kinda how like any goober can learn hot cross buns on the guitar, but matching the skill of jimmy page or david gilmour is incredibly challenging.

you could probably offer up low-level spells and whatnot to the general populace but require applications or in-game apprenticeship to unlock spells that are actually powerful.

Knight

`impulse-approved
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Fallout rp but it's grunge and cynical athmosphere like fallout 1 not retrofuturistic and wacky
A fallout RP server run similarly to how the last iteration of Frundtech where it was almost entirely playermade factions with like a small faction of really OG NCR rangers that were ultra chads hunting down slavers set in the fallout 2 setting would be an absolute nut

Tinbe

Molecule
Nebulae
in my own lore, magic is relatively easy to get into but damn near impossible to master. party tricks and lifehack-type spells are simple to learn given the proper training, but becoming an actual wizard or sorcerer is a long, arduous process that requires years and years of meditation and focus. it’s kinda how like any goober can learn hot cross buns on the guitar, but matching the skill of jimmy page or david gilmour is incredibly challenging.

you could probably offer up low-level spells and whatnot to the general populace but require applications or in-game apprenticeship to unlock spells that are actually powerful.
Sounds good, it'd be a lot like electronics of real world, in a way; majority of people have a basic knowledge, but you need specialized education to properly handle more elaborate stuff about 'em and the more specialized equipment.