medieval-era rp

All Adm*ns are Bastards

Atom
B A N N E D
Nebulae
i wanna know more ab the suicide shit

It's to do with Chivalry: Medieval Warfare's old code. There's a lot of really odd stuff left in the game files if you do the digging - the data mining (and now cryptocurrency) syndicate WWCO (What Was Cast Out) found a lot of weird snippets of leftover code that heavily indicates earlier versions of the game being very sexualised. One of the biggest finds was a Team Objective map known as AOCTO-FieldsOfRape-CM_p. This was the map that had the value identifiers such as WhoresRentAsunder etc. that you can see in the image. Rich Telman had been involved with Chivalry since it was a Source mod known as Age of Chivalry and while there isn't really any concrete proof that it was his involvement in Chivalry: MW that made it so bent and corrupted his Deviantart had very explicit, sexual content on it and somebody found an obituary in the Lancashire Telegraph for a Richard Telman a few weeks after he left Torn Banner.

Reactions: List

Modernglib

fat immigrant
Nebulae
It's to do with Chivalry: Medieval Warfare's old code. There's a lot of really odd stuff left in the game files if you do the digging - the data mining (and now cryptocurrency) syndicate WWCO (What Was Cast Out) found a lot of weird snippets of leftover code that heavily indicates earlier versions of the game being very sexualised. One of the biggest finds was a Team Objective map known as AOCTO-FieldsOfRape-CM_p. This was the map that had the value identifiers such as WhoresRentAsunder etc. that you can see in the image. Rich Telman had been involved with Chivalry since it was a Source mod known as Age of Chivalry and while there isn't really any concrete proof that it was his involvement in Chivalry: MW that made it so bent and corrupted his Deviantart had very explicit, sexual content on it and somebody found an obituary in the Lancashire Telegraph for a Richard Telman a few weeks after he left Torn Banner.
god damn I can't find shit online ab him

Tinbe

Molecule
Nebulae
(Hopefully this isn't seen as dumbo necro)
i had an idea in the back of my mind of the map being focused in a small town and players being members of an adventurers guild and extra servers were used for adventures, contracts etc. that would be pretty epic
Something to this effect seems like a good path, although perhaps 'adventurer' is just more of a vague term for travellers that, well, do adventuring things.
but it'd still leave the problem of who's gonna roleplay everyone else like the peasants who go to work and do /me makes armor
I can see people being interested in smithing, although peasants I'm unsure many would find as fascinating. Maybe merchants are the ones at the top of the supply chain, and then people who wanna do stuff like inns and taverns can buy it off 'em, or maybe even adventurers who hunt or forage on their ventures. Not even sure how many medieval maps have space for farming - at least not ones catering to quality of DarkRP-quality schemas.

Vortex

Proton
Nebulae
This would work if you're looking for historical accuracy, don't fall into misconceptions and things like that.

People didn't 'commonly die in their 30s.' Your life expectancy was 35 at birth. Yeah, of course nobody cares but you need to see the facts. Maybe there should be whitelists for the retinue of royalty/nobility, such as a household guard or just a servant in general. Not everybody should live in a village/city/whatever, there should also be mercenary bands made up of knights and other veteran soldiers that have a right to fucking rob you if you go too far from your place and can be hired for war, but they will need plenty of money or else they'll disband quickly.

Peasants are also not such a bad idea if they are at least free peasants, serfs and those common types are just going to make it die. I also love the idea of a call to arms because the men will be called to fight, but you must go through an application, perhaps?

Expax

Nucleus
Nebulae
If anyone is still interested in medieval era RP - check out Persistent World, a mod for the popular game Mount and Blade: Warband.
It offers huge maps with player-run factions, up to 200 players (I've had some epic 100v100 player battles). Diplomacy, farming, smithing, any profession you could think of. There are two main servers, one oriented more around gameplay and one oriented around roleplay. Maps are built up out of various castles, mines and landmarks that the different player-run factions can try to grab or defend. I've had some fucking amazing sieges where hundreds of players are all participating, making shieldwalls to try to approach a castle while the defenders try their best to hold it with a shit ton of archers.

On top of that, there is an economy system that actually works genuinely really good. Every castle has its supply of resources, any player can buy or sell resources to those supplies, as you sell more resources, the stock goes up. Generally what occurs is for a castle to hold lots of player knights for instance, it needs a lot of armour, swords and shields in stock. The issue is, if people buy this stuff but it's not being produced, it eventually leads to the items going out of stock. This means that every faction needs to make use of Serfs (the only class that can gather resources, such as through mining or chopping down logs), blacksmiths and other armour-making classes to produce the stock of their castles.

If you are a serf, you lead the risk of possibly being robbed by either opposing faction members who just wish to be hostile with you, or even Outlaws. Outlaws is it's own faction, and Outlaws are a sort of lone-wolf playstyle, you can basically be a bandit and steal from common folk and rob them. This results in factions having to protect their serfs to ensure that their resources do not get stolen.

As I mentioned earlier, all the castles have different prices for goods, so you could even be a merchant, buying resources for cheap and selling them for high in castles that need those resources. Food can also be made through farming, which is a vital resource during war time, as food increases your health by quite a substantial amount. A well fed army will usually win the battle when it comes to a sheer numbers battle. That is why it's important to protect farms outside of your castles, and to try to increase your factions influence on the map.

Being a serf isn't boring either, because you make a shit ton of cash doing it, which means once you do switch to being a soldier, you'll have lots of money to spend on the best gear. As a farmer you can sell carts of food to local factions for money aswell. Serfing is the prime way of making money, which then lets you transition into becoming a soldier whenever you'd like.

The battles in Persistent World get pretty crazy, when I used to play it I was in a big faction with roughly 90 or so players, we'd all be in teamspeak and all move as one unit, we'd have different segments of the army, footmen, cavalry, archers - as they are all vital to make an army strong. I can not describe some of the fucking awesome moments I've had, seeing hundreds of players march in formation and seeing two armies clash is honestly fucking amazing. The epicness as individual 1v1's occur while archer fire covers the field with arrows and cavalry tries to snake their way through the chaos to pick off stragglers is honestly something that no other game could deliver as well. What makes it so cool is the fact that every single person is a player in this giant war.

Some videos
Skip to 10:30, every character is a player there, and that would be considered a small siege compared to the total capacity of most servers.

20:10

ruben slikk

life aint shut but a fat vagin
Nebulae
french translated version of the skyrim magic addon where no one understands what the fuck is going on.
Concept about a world where people use magic but they have no clue how to really control and use it beyond basic "ok im not hurting anyone rn"
[doublepost=1545208350][/doublepost]
People complained that they didn't know how to RP as someone / empathise with a character in 1990
Pretty sure nobody actually thought that and it was just an excuse to go back to le epic 2016 snapchat lore

GenericPlayer

i like firetruck and moster truck
Nebulae

f049f7925aa448a28d673565b311dc97.png

You're in New Reno walking down mainstreet past the Shark Club, Bishop family guards standing outside in their fancy suits giving you the sideeye, it's a day like any other.

You hear the local jet dealers are kicking up a fuss again, a turf war for product. On the other side of town, the NCR bureaucrats are trying to buy their way in. Gangs aint having none of it: there's only one way of governing in this town, and thats jet, whores, and slots.​

Hey just building on this, the amount of Fallout content on the workshop nowadays is definitely plentiful enough for this kinda stuff. Personally I think the idea could be pretty cool, pretty epic.

Akula

Sangheili Bias
Nebulae
i cannot muster any interest for fallout rp after the catastrophe that was atlas-5

GenericPlayer

i like firetruck and moster truck
Nebulae
i cannot muster any interest for fallout rp after the catastrophe that was atlas-5
i was on the forums there, and managed to piss off a few liberty folks, but was too busy with ww3rp to actually come on

what happened

ruben slikk

life aint shut but a fat vagin
Nebulae
that's not the fault of fallout rp tho, its just because the people who make all these serious fallout servers as of the past few years are the people who have no fukken idea how to run a server past a month.

Akula

Sangheili Bias
Nebulae
i was on the forums there, and managed to piss off a few liberty folks, but was too busy with ww3rp to actually come on

what happened

the community itself was more toxic than flint michigans water supply

retropirate made a dumb nazi meme group with the sole intent to PK as many people as possible (his words)

NCR killed them

for some reason people hated the NCR for that

the town allied with the legion to kill the NCR
the desert rangers allied with the legion to kill the NCR

it was rather mucked up

that's not the fault of fallout rp tho, its just because the people who make all these serious fallout servers as of the past few years are the people who have no fukken idea how to run a server past a month.

the main problem has been that more or less every fallout rp server has been run by the same people

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
are the people who have no fukken idea how to run a server past a month.
And yet certain people will unironically claim that striving for longevity and a consistent server is what killed the creativity on Gmod.

Y'know compared to 2008-2012 when servers died in literal weeks and communities would outright ddos one another into submission?

the main problem has been that more or less every fallout rp server has been run by the same people
That and you really need a solid story cause if you don't you risk certain factions ruling the entire conflict/overshadowing everyone else (as happens in StalkerRP often with Duty and Freedom).

Dr Heckyll

Molecule
Nebulae
Fallout rp when

Honestly I'd like to see where the LP concept of ncr v brotherhood and a town stuck inbetween, that never took off, would go