medieval-era rp

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae

f049f7925aa448a28d673565b311dc97.png

You're in New Reno walking down mainstreet past the Shark Club, Bishop family guards standing outside in their fancy suits giving you the sideeye, it's a day like any other.

You hear the local jet dealers are kicking up a fuss again, a turf war for product. On the other side of town, the NCR bureaucrats are trying to buy their way in. Gangs aint having none of it: there's only one way of governing in this town, and thats jet, whores, and slots.​

Last edited:
Reactions: List

Khiel

Molecule
Nebulae

f049f7925aa448a28d673565b311dc97.png

You're in New Reno walking down mainstreet past the Shark Club, Bishop family guards standing outside in their fancy suits giving you the sideeye, it's a day like any other.

You hear the local jet dealers are kicking up a fuss again, a turf war for product. On the other side of town, the NCR bureaucrats are trying to buy their way in. Gangs aint having none of it: there's only one way of governing in this town, and thats jet, whores, and slots.​

didn't know the NCR existed in the medieval era, please put lore over gameplay nexus

Dr.Towers

Nucleus
Nebulae
everyone knew fuckall about medicine back then so I'd like to roleplay a doctor that only goes around making things worse but says a bunch of words fancy enough for people to believe he knows what he's talking about

Oh yes, the best thing would be people oocly knowing it will make their worsen their illness or kill them but icly they will be forced to subject themselves to the cure because their character believes the doctor : D

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae
Oh yes, the best thing would be people oocly knowing it will make their worsen their illness or kill them but icly they will be forced to subject themselves to the cure because their character believes the doctor : D
thats just being a bit of a dickhead to be honest

Hudson

Electron
Nebulae
Something relevant I came across and wrote a short summary of:

HRE RP
The Imperium Gaming community had a server for a gamemode called Holy Roman Empire Roleplay. It was semi-serious, involving the usage of swords and shields, with melee combat features like blocking, parrying, stamina, and bleeding.

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae
if you want a decent medieval era roleplay experience just get the PW mod for Mount and Blade Warband to be honest. Garrys Mod really isn't the right game for a medieval experience.

sots

community bear
Nebulae
I’d honestly become a blind and deaf nugget if a populated neb-esque Star Wars rp server could be made out of my sacrifice, smugglers, soldiers, scientists and all of that cool stuff, same goes for a medieval rp but this will likely never happen this is truly sad

Isuckatgaming

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Nobody wants to RP as a fucking peasant (ok I would, but that's NOT THE POINT) and those still exist if you put it in a fantasy setting.

Add to the fact that G-Mod maps are SMALL AS FUCK you're limiting yourself to a very small area (a single town or piece of the country side) without the possibility for adventure or going to different multiple locations unless EPIC extra servers are used

And then there's the problem of mainly melee combat on G-Mod being a laggy piece of shit that'll not work that well when it comes to player v. player action, a DnD like system of rolls would probably be the best way to do it.

but honestly i had an idea in the back of my mind of the map being focused in a small town and players being members of an adventurers guild and extra servers were used for adventures, contracts etc. that would be pretty epic but it'd still leave the problem of who's gonna roleplay everyone else like the peasants who go to work and do /me makes armor

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
I wonder if someone has actually made a TES Gmod RP.

Sil

jus one more fing
Nebulae
I wonder if someone has actually made a TES Gmod RP.

They did. A good few times, I was apart of 2 competing ones. They came from a DarkRP server, and was split between 2 different admins who ran the separate servers. Yevocore ran one, not sure about the other.

Both had a semi-decent start, however both did end up simply dying, so although it did happen it didn't last more than a month at least.

Sadn3zz

Quark
Nebulae
If battles and events were based on situations that occurred in real life, that would certainly make it even more interesting.