medieval-era rp

Oswald

Fish
Nebulae
overall it seems to be a good concept, it'd just be nearly impossible to execute on a large scale without combat and lore becoming a consistently debated issue

seems like basing it off of a medieval fantasy game of some kind would be the most plausible thing to do
Tbh I troll over lore docs like a fucking goblin while going to work, I would love if someone’s made lore for that server

Knight

`impulse-approved
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Medievil RP can be fun like I said before but no server has been able to make combat fun.

If you think S2RP is awful with a lot of people imagine it but with swords, no one can RP it properly.

Reactions: List

Oswald

Fish
Nebulae
Medievil RP can be fun like I said before but no server has been able to make combat fun.

If you think S2RP is awful with a lot of people imagine it but with swords, no one can RP it properly.
>I OWN A KATANA COLLECTION SO I IMMEDIATELY KNOW MORE ABOUT SWORD PLAY THEN YOu; U FUKJNG MINGEE GRRRR

Akula

Sangheili Bias
Nebulae
I've always wanted a TES rp tbh would be epic

most medieval/fantasy rps are generally cringefests tho

Tzula

Molecule
Nebulae
of course its random, life is hombre
I mean, if your genuinely one of the best swordsmen in the verse, you shouldn't be pked over failed roles that were just basic sword play.
Granted, to be authed the 'best' swordsmen in the server should be a really hard thing to get authed, I would imagine...

Khiel

Molecule
Nebulae
I mean, if your genuinely one of the best swordsmen in the verse, you shouldn't be pked over failed roles that were just basic sword play.
Granted, to be authed the 'best' swordsmen in the server should be a really hard thing to get authed, I would imagine...
everyone fucks up, and everyone gets lucky

your chances of succeeding against better trained peeps are slim, but possible

RaphaelDeFusco

Electron
Nebulae
Medieval RP can work, but a S2K combat system would be terrible for it. It would have to rely on /me's or rolls as @Slim said. Also if you feel like getting re-educated by CPs is bad, imagine having no rights against an autocracy that can do whatever they like. It would be like having the Universal Union unchained to do sadistic stuff as they please.

All Adm*ns are Bastards

Atom
B A N N E D
Nebulae
I recommend Chivalry for medieval role-play. See below some role-play performed by myself and others
bb24438b1e8b.jpg

Powley

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
People complained that they didn't know how to RP as someone / empathise with a character in 1990. How can you expect people to RP as someone from the fucking 1190s lmao.
PLEASE TELL ME ABOUT THE BERLIN WALL AGAIN CHARLIE WAS IT TALL

Deleted member 2925

pilotbland's best friend
HL2 RP Server Director
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
If only someone could run a successful starwars serious rp server, that’d a nice month long thing.

Tinbe

Molecule
Nebulae
overall it seems to be a good concept, it'd just be nearly impossible to execute on a large scale without combat and lore becoming a consistently debated issue
Also, the issues of a content pack:
  1. Actually having enough models
  2. Having model packs that don't clash with each other in style
  3. How much customizability there is - though this mostly ties with how the framework would handle models. I'm unsure if medieval stuff has nearly as much "put HL2 citizen head on model" treatment as, well, anything remotely HL2-related like sci-fi models.
    1. Also, ensuring the customization doesn't have wacky results like "My character is a black guy, but became a pasty-white dude after putting chainmail on".