Mount and Blade 2: Bannerlord

ruben slikk

life aint shut but a fat vagin
Nebulae
Taleworlds isn't some triple A video game company that can mass produce games.
triple a company or not 10 years+ should be more than enough and im not going to give them any excuses like some kind of fanboy especially when they're charging 40€ for an unfinished early access crock of shit

its literally warband with slightly better graphics and less core features, fuck taleworlds and i stand by that

By releasing the game now in early access they have the opportunity to take player feedback, refine the game, and prepare it for a full release
yea like dayz standalone? lol

and holy shit, definitely was not expecting this
its a game that people have been waiting for for an insane amount of time which has reached near mythical status with hl3 tier memes, what else did you expect? lol

Reactions: List

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae
No, they have the opportunity to take your money

If everyone buys the game now, what incentive is there for them to keep developing the game?
if they just wanted to pump out a quick cashgrab they wouldn't have been developing it for 8 years though, scrapping and starting over many times

ruben slikk

Nebulae
if they just wanted to pump out a quick cashgrab they wouldn't have been developing it for 8 years though, scrapping and starting over many times
yea well its still shit

Roosebud

Molecule
Nebulae
My save got corrupted or something for the third time, I load it, play for 5 minutes, then it freezes and crashes. Guess I'll have to stop playing it until they patch things.

Also what's with the charisma skill check dialogue stuff? You ace the first interaction, then you come back for the second dialogue, get success on 2/3 of the options due to rng and it just nullifies all progression and blocks you out of negotiation with no way to try again?

friendly

god, syria and bashar
B A N N E D
Nebulae
that's not what I meant

I meant that they didn't release it to iron out bugs and improve the game, but to make money

The amount of play testing done is shocking, some of these bugs are so fucking obvious that they would have got them within a few days of playtesting if they did it properly

D

Deleted member 3818

T75tjY2.png

wheres the workshop at doe?

D

Deleted member 3818

coming soon with bangers
they really should have included it on launch, m&b is nothing without modding. I imagine there'll be community made patches out before taleworlds even gets their shit together

Dalekfodder

Proton
Nebulae
they really should have included it on launch, m&b is nothing without modding. I imagine there'll be community made patches out before taleworlds even gets their shit together
There are some mega modders already working on mods rumor says, the public mod support will start with documentation and access to modding tools, they say. I guess they are just testing them at this stage.

D

Deleted member 3818

There are some mega modders already working on mods rumor says, the public mod support will start with documentation and access to modding tools, they say. I guess they are just testing them at this stage.
yeah i just hope we don't have to wait until full release for modding support. I imagine some guy out there right now is banging away at his keyboard to get another gekokuji out asap

Deleted member 93

Nucleus
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Taleworlds isn't some triple A video game company that can mass produce games. Making a game of this size, completely from scratch, would take ANY company quite a while to produce. Either they released the game now in an unfinished state with bugs or we waited another one-two years for a game that still is likely going to have a plethora of bugs. By releasing the game now in early access they have the opportunity to take player feedback, refine the game, and prepare it for a full release of a game that's going to be bounds greater than Warband

image0.png

and holy shit, definitely was not expecting this

Bro, 10+ years only so I can experience a bug on the main storyline?
The game is not representative of the ten-year development, it's shit, and a waste of money.
10 years only for me to experience a /few/ new features, quest variety that caps at solving family feuds, and helping a merchant get raw materials for cheaper...
Having playing multiplayer too, the combat is too clunky in comparison to Warband, and I'm afraid it won't have the same skill cap.

Last edited:

Dalekfodder

Proton
Nebulae
triple a company or not 10 years+ should be more than enough and im not going to give them any excuses like some kind of fanboy especially when they're charging 40€ for an unfinished early access crock of shit

its literally warband with slightly better graphics and less core features, fuck taleworlds and i stand by that

its a game that people have been waiting for for an insane amount of time which has reached near mythical status with hl3 tier memes, what else did you expect? lol

What is lacking from warband, dare I ask?

All Mount and Blade games had gamer feed back time, similar to early access we have today. Except EA wasn't a thing back then.

A relatively small studio that tried to make a game higher than their height, although I think Bannerlord is beautiful and covered any demand except for the inflated ones.

Calling it just Warband+ is simply idiotic because it is a Mount and Blade game, obviously it is going to inherent a lot of it's features except making it better. And there are enough improvements on top of the previous releases, which makes it cool.
[doublepost=1585687171][/doublepost]
The game is not representative of the ten-year development, it's shit, and a waste of money.
10 years only for me to experience a /few/ new features, quest variety that caps at solving family feuds, and helping a merchant get raw materials for cheaper...

I don't see 10 years development as a development error but more of a marketing error, I think the game surpassed any reasonable expectation. They did state that the quest variety and scenes would lack in richness at the time being, but I think it's an error they will correct in time.

That stated, if you do not like the current state of the game, you needn't buy it after all. It's just my belief that I don't care how long the game takes to release, I can sympathise with what could have gone wrong, or what was done wrong. I just like the product and I see a great potential in it. I doubt Taleworlds will let us down at the end of this year, if we survive Corona of course lmao.

ruben slikk

Nebulae
What is lacking from warband, dare I ask?

All Mount and Blade games had gamer feed back time, similar to early access we have today. Except EA wasn't a thing back then.

A relatively small studio that tried to make a game higher than their height, although I think Bannerlord is beautiful and covered any demand except for the inflated ones.

Calling it just Warband+ is simply idiotic because it is a Mount and Blade game, obviously it is going to inherent a lot of it's features except making it better. And there are enough improvements on top of the previous releases, which makes it cool.
didn't read don't care about posts from erdogan bots

Deleted member 28

What a pathetic string of words
Nebulae
that's not what I meant

I meant that they didn't release it to iron out bugs and improve the game, but to make money

The amount of play testing done is shocking, some of these bugs are so fucking obvious that they would have got them within a few days of playtesting if they did it properly
A large part of it was so they could get money, sure. And from the number of players on the game right now I bet they're rolling in it. However, after already seeing two patches come out that fix a lot of crashes and bugs it does seem that they're seriously looking at fixing the game. If this was some company like Bethesda or EA I'd say sure, but I have zero reason to believe that Taleworlds is simply going to give up

Great, just don't buy the game then. The fact that you're saying the graphics are "slightly better" is enough evidence that you've barely even given the game a try. Saying that all early access games aren't going to improve because "dayz never improved!!!" (which it actually did) is beyond stupid

Having playing multiplayer too, the combat is too clunky in comparison to Warband, and I'm afraid it won't have the same skill cap.
Okay, then simply wait another year or so for the game to be finished. It's pretty clear that the game is a large improvement to Warband in every aspect. Going from
maxresdefault.jpg
to
maxresdefault.jpg
is pretty substantial if you ask me

Pict

Scottish Highlander
Nebulae
Getting some crashes on a specific map in Campaign Siege, specifically the Battanian themed maps.

Happend like 3 times so thats a heck.

Mic15000

The Underdog
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I must be the luckiest player out there, Haven't seen a single crash yet, however I have seen some FPS drop in the north, still love the game a lot myself and can't wait for modding :D

Deleted member 28

What a pathetic string of words
Nebulae
Getting some crashes on a specific map in Campaign Siege, specifically the Battanian themed maps.

Happend like 3 times so thats a heck.
New patch seems to have fixed crashes for me. One of my previous saves where I crashed each time I exited the inventory menu has also been fixed