Serious My experience with WW3 server

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nebulae
It's an IC issue and should be treated IC.
agreed but it's the OOC mentality

I got some really nice RP out of it
this is rare, I've been taken POW 3/4 times and it's gotten to the point when I don't flag on because i'd rather develop another character than sit staring at a wall begging to be interrogated/someone to come talk to me

Two MP's that deserve special mention is @harry and @hustbonbon because they actually interact rather than the usual "DIE COMMIE SCUM WHERE IS THE PLANS"

harry

Atom
Nebulae
personally I've been trying to combat the unseriousness 'high school' RP type of attitude many players have within the faction and making it seem more like a military than a play ground or school.

Reactions: List

rapidjuice

GSF (Gmod Special Forces Soldier)
B A N N E D
Nebulae
I'm going to be honest, when I first came onto the server everything was fine.
It was not until I got reminded of the unserious roleplay that still exists & somehow goes unnoticed.
You can ignore unserious roleplay all you want, but it has a HUGE impact on the server.
People see and follow.

There are plenty of people on the server who go out of their ways to actually make a difference.
@Rondal and @Snowl are my two biggest examples.
They are the only NCOs who have ACTIVELY gone out to make an improvement in the quality of roleplay, and have brought other people in to take part in the interactions.
Give them the high ranks of NATO, they are the role models.
@Shock, as well is trying his best to maintain the seriousness within the NATO faction.

Are we really going to give a blind eye to people like @rapidjuice & @Alon having high ranks, playing around with /me gives heal, /me takes heal.
Are we really going to take people grappling skyscrapers and walls without RP for the norm?
NATO is a joke at the moment, sorry @seal, but your leadership is fucking shit and you might as well give it to Rondal, who has been a high rank for a fucking long time, yet somehow @PEGG LEGG and @harry have surpassed him.

Faction Leadership and staff discipline are the two elements of WW3RP that shape mentality.
We should make sure people put under these two categories are excellent at their jobs and serious.

Also, please don't give @Roosebud shit.
He, like @Kirshbia, has a job, has kids, and has gone out of his way to sit down and work his ass on a role playing schematic filled with idiots.
He has done well, and WW3 RP is better currently than it was when I left it.
i do a lot of roleplay actually, with new players as well, you're making a blind assumption

you would know that if you actually played the server

but to be honest i dont need to impress whiny blowhards like you lmao

its a miracle of science how you can sit there any type this nonsense without a spine

D

Deleted member 1381

The problem is people are never going to do something that negatively affects their character.
I won't act innocent to this either, if I'm on patrol and I want to grapple up to a building I'd happily do a long, detailed /me, but the problem is that in that time you'll either get shot, get captured or just get criticised by everyone for not leading the team right because you were taking the time to type out a /me - so nobody really wants to do it when they can just get away with doing it without any roleplay involved.
I think overall NCO's just need to actually roleplay more, specifically infront of Enlisted and not just put their roleplay cap on whenever a CO comes near them. So far @Disorder and @Juice are the best people I've seen that do this - they encourage roleplaying a lot.
And I'll be honest here, a massive chunk of the Soviet NCO roster doesn't roleplay above the norm, /me takes gun, /me takes bag, /me checks pulse, all that sort of stuff. I'm not saying none of them roleplay, at all, and they're all really nice people, but a lot of them do need to start picking up on their roleplay standards.

Muffin

Double Choc-Chip
Nebulae
The problem is people are never going to do something that negatively affects their character.
I won't act innocent to this either, if I'm on patrol and I want to grapple up to a building I'd happily do a long, detailed /me, but the problem is that in that time you'll either get shot, get captured or just get criticised by everyone for not leading the team right because you were taking the time to type out a /me - so nobody really wants to do it when they can just get away with doing it without any roleplay involved.
I think overall NCO's just need to actually roleplay more, specifically infront of Enlisted and not just put their roleplay cap on whenever a CO comes near them. So far @Disorder and @Juice are the best people I've seen that do this - they encourage roleplaying a lot.
And I'll be honest here, a massive chunk of the Soviet NCO roster doesn't roleplay above the norm, /me takes gun, /me takes bag, /me checks pulse, all that sort of stuff. I'm not saying none of them roleplay, at all, and they're all really nice people, but a lot of them do need to start picking up on their roleplay standards.

This. This is an issue, thank fuck someone identified it.

Deleted member 93

Nucleus
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
i do a lot of roleplay actually, with new players as well, you're making a blind assumption

you would know that if you actually played the server

but to be honest i dont need to impress whiny blowhards like you lmao

As long as you /me gives heal and /me dance to attract enemies, then you can remain a degenerate.
Go fuck off and play something else.

Rondal

And whole beasts of nations desire power
Nebulae
If you have a problem with my behavior and roleplay make a conversation with me and tell me what have I done wrong. In terms of roleplay quality I started a plan to start issuing training to Enlisted on basic military principles and classes. I know it frustrating to see a Jewish person in a higher position than you, but you have to deal with it.

Grappling up skyscrapers without RP. Well it is not required so why would we risk getting spotted because of a /me?

Also bashing the leadership isn't going to help, it's just going to make it worst for you.

If you say the NATO is shit you are free to leave.
If you want to stay and help you should have thought in a more civilized way to approach and say: "Hey guys there is a couple of things that you really have to fix, yada yada yada, it ruins immersion, yada yada". Instead you insulted the leadership straight away.

We roleplay, quite a lot actually. But you are not on the server that often so you wouldn't see it.

Sorry man, as a Master Sergeant who has ascended more than five ranks, you should know better to set a good standard.
I'm bashing the NATO leadership because the problems are just far too basic (not promoting the right people) and there is an obvious lack of 'care' for the faction.
It gives them light, and opens eyes for people who haven't noticed.

I'm going to agree with Legolas here. As someone who plays the server quite actively and (I believe) gets involved with a lot of activities regarding the faction, I've yet to see you take out a team which hasn't been for a POW trade or to just go to the tunnel or barn. The honest truth is that the roleplay that you do, if it is to your 'quite a lot' standard, is seemingly kept away from the main group of people who play the server, the enlisted.

As for my stance for NATO as a whole, I can't give much input on @seal or @PEGG LEGG because I recognize that both of them conduct themselves in a way different to my own, and that I've seen them create role-play every so often, but with others doing it in their name (though this isn't always made known).

But Alon, the point Legolas is getting at in regards to roleplay is quite clear. Sure, you can skip role-playing for grapples and all, but if you add in a few /me's with your playing, it encourages role-play, rather than this mentality that has slowly been developing.

And please, don't pull the 'If you think its shit leave' card because the players that don't play how you do would follow, and that's actually a majority of the enlisted.

Alon

Proton
Nebulae
Sorry man, as a Master Sergeant who has ascended more than five ranks, you should know better to set a good standard.
I'm bashing the NATO leadership because the problems are just far too basic (not promoting the right people) and there is an obvious lack of 'care' for the faction.
There is nothing you can do, and nothing you can say honestly. We are promoting the right people, just because you are still Enlisted and not a NCO doesn't mean we are not promoting the correct people. If you really wish to be a potential NCO you can sign up this roster - https://nebulous.cloud/threads/north-atlantic-treaty-organisation-enlisted-roster.17516/#post-325155 but It'll take a long time considering your comments. You can try the Soviets though they seem REALLY GOOD.
It gives them light, and opens eyes for people who haven't noticed.
Go ahead and spread your idea roleplay jesus.

Nebulae
There is nothing you can do, and nothing you can say honestly. We are promoting the right people, just because you are still Enlisted and not a NCO doesn't mean we are not promoting the correct people. If you really wish to be a potential NCO you can sign up this roster - https://nebulous.cloud/threads/north-atlantic-treaty-organisation-enlisted-roster.17516/#post-325155 but It'll take a long time considering your comments. You can try the Soviets though they seem REALLY GOOD.

Go ahead and spread your idea roleplay jesus.
why are you acting so toxic when he's trying to point out a criticism

Shock

Electron
Nebulae
lmao if the issue is so big that you have to ask for NCO to get it instead of being given it by default what the fuck are we doing here
Enlisted don't sign up to this, it's something we started to track reliable enlisted. There are a good chunk of NCOs adding people to it. However it is down to them to look out for new people to add.

Deleted member 93

Nucleus
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
  • I'll play what I like.
  • The only time I've done a less developed healing /me is times I've been needed somewhere else or a time when the wound wasn't "IC" or if I was in a rush.
  • Making one joke /me (which was hardly even a joke considering my characters personality which fits perfectly into that /me) doesn't do shit. You are telling me that making a couple of un-serious /mes in comparison to the mountains and paragraphs of /mes and developed roleplay is somehow making the server rot from the inside.
Shut up you fucking worm.

How do you have the fucking audacity to bloody sit down behind your keyboard and justify your stupid actions by saying you don't do it a lot.
Your mingy and stupid behavior just encourages other people to do the fucking same.
Scroll up and you'll see a picture of you trying to act like a clown on a role playing server.
I've only been playing for about a week and I can only imagine the rest of the shit you've done.

"We can put it on the meme thread"

rapidjuice

B A N N E D
Nebulae
How do you have the fucking audacity to bloody sit down behind your keyboard and justify your stupid actions by saying you don't do it a lot.
Your mingy and stupid behavior just encourages other people to do the fucking same.
Scroll up and you'll see a picture of you trying to act like a clown on a role playing server.
I've only been playing for about a week and I can only imagine the rest of the shit you've done.

"We can put it on the meme thread"
If you're scrolling through the meme thread trying to find criticism for serious roleplay, then there's your first problem. You're in a thread designed for memes trying to find serious RP lmao.

"Acting like a clown", when it's literally a developed /me. The /me fits in to my character's personality. It was at a detriment to his IC rank, not my OOC standing.

I'm sure you are imagining the rest of the shit I've done. I'm sure the thought of people having FUN!?!?!?! on a roleplay occupies your tiny brain. I want this to stay the case, so please keep looking through the meme thread for my logs and please don't make me have to reply to your half baked autistic arguments again.

I do a lot of good roleplay and you've been given bad examples. Shut up.
I'm not speaking for Alon, I'm speaking for myself.

Juice

Quark
Nebulae
If you're scrolling through the meme thread trying to find criticism for serious roleplay, then there's your first problem. You're in a thread designed for memes trying to find serious RP lmao.

"Acting like a clown", when it's literally a developed /me. The /me fits in to my character's personality. It was at a detriment to his IC rank, not my OOC standing.

I'm sure you are imagining the rest of the shit I've done. I'm sure the thought of people having FUN!?!?!?! on a roleplay occupies your tiny brain. I want this to stay the case, so please keep looking through the meme thread for my logs and please don't make me have to reply to your half baked autistic arguments again.

I do a lot of good roleplay and you've been given bad examples. Shut up.
I'm not speaking for Alon, I'm speaking for myself.

Rapidjuice, not a single time in my fucking two years spent playing World War 3 RP, on lemonpunch or on nebulous, have I seen you act with even a morsel of seriousness. You are easily the biggest minge, enlisted, new players and old players alike, included, and stand out amongst even the people who get straight banned off the server for mingery in their first 2 hours of playing the game.

And you have somehow been here for the same time me or Legolas have been, which I think is frankly fucking ridiculous. It's blatantly obvious there's some sort of circle jerk happening just to keep you here, and you're most definately a decisive factor in mingery amongst new players and this horrific mentality we have on the server. You can't make the excuse of it being 'part of your character' because, trust me, I know what that looks like, and what you do on a daily basis, isn't that, so don't try cover up your terrible existence with the pretense of it all being 'IC', that's such bullshit it transcends the realms of normal bullshit and becomes a big fat pile of fucking manure that the whole server has been bathing in for years and it needs to stop.

rapidjuice

B A N N E D
Nebulae
Rapidjuice, not a single time in my fucking two years spent playing World War 3 RP, on lemonpunch or on nebulous, have I seen you act with even a morsel of seriousness. You are easily the biggest minge, enlisted, new players and old players alike, included, and stand out amongst even the people who get straight banned off the server for mingery in their first 2 hours of playing the game.

And you have somehow been here for the same time me or Legolas have been, which I think is frankly fucking ridiculous. It's blatantly obvious there's some sort of circle jerk happening just to keep you here, and you're most definately a decisive factor in mingery amongst new players and this horrific mentality we have on the server. You can't make the excuse of it being 'part of your character' because, trust me, I know what that looks like, and what you do on a daily basis, isn't that, so don't try cover up your terrible existence with the pretense of it all being 'IC', that's such bullshit it transcends the realms of normal bullshit and becomes a big fat pile of fucking manure that the whole server has been bathing in for years and it needs to stop.
You've literally said everything your bedmate had said, but you just said it again. And it's a shame.

It's a shame because I would agree with you if you were right, but I can't, because you're wrong. There's testimony of loads of people saying that I roleplay competently, and you can't prove them all wrong. Boo hoo.

Muffin

Double Choc-Chip
Nebulae
The fact that this even dissolved into an argument is fucking pathetic, can we start accepting a bit of responsibility for our tones and respect that there are bigger underlying issues with WW3 RP than our toxic egos? I came here to read some constructive input on what is wrong with the server and factions, not see that some retard is farming nebulous and zing ratings.

Issues with the Soviets -

1. NCOs not taking responsibility, that being training recruits, generating roleplay outside S2K and developing their characters in a context that doesn't involve assembling a fireteam every 10 minutes to impress some CO or another.
2. Unserious behaviour, extends to both senior members of the faction and new members, behaviour that should of been weeded out from the moment they entered the faction and should of been stated during their training. This being LOOC, ROOC and meme behaviour.
3. Baseless promotions, it's a fact that many promotions are issued out for no real reason, and I'm sorry to call Hen out for this but this is pertinent to the special forces too, many members which have been flying up the ladder for reasons as an enlisted I can't understand. NCOs should be appointed based on their interaction and merit within the enlisted portion, and this should go beyond leading an s2k squad every couple of hours. I'm talking about rallies, training sessions, parades, etc. Patrols should be taken more slowly, stop throwing people on an AP say "Join Squad X" and then say "Lets move". Assign roles within team members, give them responsibilities, and give elaborated debriefs, mention which members did well, which members didn't do well, give areas for development. It's basic stuff, really.

I can't think of many more issues I want to nitpick right now, but there's are two points which I felt need to be said.

edit: there is a lot of underlying issues with enlisted in the soviets too, which I narrow down to the fact they weren't given comprehensive training when they joined the faction, another issue which the NCOs should of had under control from the get-go. This has been a dodgy issue since the old iteration as well, but I thought it would of been weeded out by now.

Nebulae
There's testimony of loads of people saying that I roleplay competently,
yes, your circlejerk, which, believe it or not, isn't credible because this type of dumb shit has been happening forever, even since on LP like juice stated!

you can't prove them all wrong.

lol, this implies that you do infact realize that you have minged before, only further proving the point.

anyways, like others have already stated, this is essentially just turning into a flame war, kinda defeating the purpose of the original post.

Leadcolt

One true Morty
Nebulae
Raised a fair few points on page 6. People keep saying it's NCO's, POW RP and certain people being retarded?

Can no one just sit down and think about the actual root cause? You're skimming the top of the barrel where the thing you want is actually at the bottom. The admin team needs to be fixed, a lot.

Get stricter staff

Enforce rules better (Don't give people leverage just because of their NCO's, CO's, have big message counts on their forum profile and are viewed as by the community as 'cool'. I couldn't actually ban people like that because they'd either get all their friends to hate me or they'd simply get unbanned by the SD or someone higher up than me.)

Prioritize admin duties over roleplay. (You exaggerated your admin application to become an admin, not a player with benefits, so perhaps you should at least try to do some of the stuff you mention in your app? In all fairness, though as an SA I would spawn WAC/HVAC more, however, that still adds something for players to interact with even if I'm just flying around. The point is if someone needs my help and the current RP I'm doing can wait, I'll go help the players over my personal enjoyment. Literally no reason why you shouldn't be doing the same, and it helps people like you more.)

Didn't really want to come onto these forums from after a week off but okay, was asked to by some people as I'm being told the server is turning even more shitty than when I left it.

Here are my two pounds on the issue.

I spent quite a bit of time on the WW3RP server, went through all the ranks and made it to SA eventually, lead the Militia which wasn't the best thing I ever did in my opinion as I'm not cut out for leading much of anything. Got NCO's and CO's which was nice.

And with all my time I spent IC and OOC, I learned quite a few things about how the team operated as a whole. Their weak and timid, with the exception of maybe a few people, stressing the maybe. As opposed to banning someone outright for breaking the rules it instead turns into them having to have a philosophical debate about why they should and shouldn't with them caring more about what will happen to them as opposed to the ban being implemented onto the player.

If you can't properly enforce rules it leaves rise to no one actually respecting them, for example.

Because person A has managed to get away with poor, undetailed and unserious /me's for so long he's come to take it as all that's required, it then spreads onto the newer players as they don't know what's required of them, it becomes a domino effect.

One of the reasons I left the team was because I got a job, fair enough as I want to make as much room for overtime as humanly possible. The other reason was that no one cared about serious RP anymore, it was all talk and no action. We'd ban a notable player for acting like a complete retard then he'd get unbanned soon after, all because of a lengthy ban appeal including all his friends.

A third reason was that admins covered for each other, they'd rather make sure their admin friends are alright as opposed to the players being alright. Everyone was meant to prioritize their admin duties over roleplay, however, 10% of the admin team did this at any time, even as an SA I had to go do the brunt of the work, coming onto the server when playing something else as no one could seemingly be asked or capable of doing something as simple as setting HP, changing names and banning troublemakers.

All of all people are saying that the player base is the brunt of the issue, that point has validity as with my time on the server it was people's attitude to RP that ruined a lot of stuff, however, do you want to know the real issue?

It's the Admin team, a fair amount of people who don't know what the hell they're doing.

rapidjuice

B A N N E D
Nebulae
yes, your circlejerk, which, believe it or not, isn't credible because this type of dumb shit has been happening forever, even since on LP like juice stated!

lol, this implies that you do infact realize that you have minged before, only further proving the point.
  • So you're literally admitting that if anyone says I can roleplay, you'll just label them circlejerk and they have no argument. Fantastic circular thinking.
  • No it doesn't. It was just a phrase. Learn English please.

Nebulae
So you're literally admitting that if anyone says I can roleplay, you'll just label them circlejerk and they have no argument. Fantastic circular thinking.
No, I'm saying that it's the same people you've always circlejerked with that say you can roleplay, and I was pointing it out. Great common sense you have there.
  • No it doesn't. It was just a phrase. Learn English please.
Clearly, you need to learn it.

You said - ' you can't prove them ALL wrong' , therefore implying that there are instances in which he can be proved right, meaning you do realize that you have minged before,

ANyways, this is just turning into a big flame fest, and it's really just going to get locked if this continues. It's defeating the purpose of the OP and sort of worsening it.

Status
Not open for further replies.