Neo Dystopia - Server Idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

crash

CRAZY EYES
B A N N E D
Nebulae
xLIuE65VwuixpowkT9aqVUybj7Kawr8hvyvH6AnZ_6oxpUgrgLvbip_2llqOCsdBnFJcocbalCNQB3BMlNQmdGXyVKHjGpHYG4679WXIPP5PgfDaFcHxPMWCRsEZZgeIvEIAoHVp
meJWdXI3WD5pIOQTjhTBdoNZg0Ge7iB9K-AOc2bpr1nGSwZ5ESdE_ty1UzP50Gxjdg7Nut0CeG3RiTga3EpPbMIQxzht7T7PVi2Inwfi-bAsjmCBkKzbTIMmJIBRymYAmwOJDZHk
pado0c73ZIxG14I887g8mKtHr4JxD-YF2UXIdnVdiXJAxxwahOfN5u0Ujp8VVZiEo79-oPDGUbsojBUO2t_EXm89Fl3_n5lWUXVOBiacGSnKv0pVz5S5Elb4w_nP5nZlGFZB0mbC

NEO DYSTOPIA

I. What is Neo Dystopia?

There have been dozens of different servers that have come and go over the past three or so years in Garrys Mod, based in a futuristic setting. Whether they are cyberpunk, neosociety, Terminator, etc. the servers set in a futuristic time period have always interested me and have always been, for the most part, fun to play on. Neo Dystopia is a passion project that I've been working on, based in a "high tech low life" futuristic dystopian environment.

I've taken inspiration from some past servers, mainly GS3, and have pieced together content and ideas of both my own and freely based on some past ideas that I have found interesting and immersive on previous neosociety/cyberpunk servers. This thread will just be me showing what I have done so far with this and some ideas I have had.

-

-JI0Ozyi1ocHKAkr8xn9TqReU12FwU--oazifwebMQpEj-jdziLUZVQBghz_cP6oT59omdWR_RDgPHS4wEXxABhzYvI4UhewSiSOsY9uHDWozhwNCaRl2wGNWPP7S5J-89ZBa4GG

6rdYGGEMrCdqRQFMUWNIhIrA9t4s4PQkdRKUMOXlVyXvMRWzifJOviWjj2mj5gF3wexnWbaY6rczKO8xSOql6mPJ9KdHCjJSCUtLCsh7g41l42aHEBlw31yC04EHgwBSEPhx1rz_

FP3hzTqU03dwqd61BcMXyjDJ4Fpww57rNZfI9KGVbh0yU6CCL6x6iYErba9JSnE1KyrzIajJWNofliw3-ukwVZ9-PNMRxV7YordTVeCnZjEMvy1sxekUjz6t0bc1HOx3bLiNvJ7P

II. FACTIONS

One of the main things I would imagine being dominant in Neo Dystopia would be the ability to develop your character in any way, bound only by your determination and actions in-character. Factions are fluid and ever-changing pieces in the universal puzzle of the server, which can rise, fall, morph and even crumble from the actions of others, with OOC protection being for the sole purpose of enjoyment and realism.

Below are some ideas I have for factions and their possible roles in a Neo Dystopian environment.

Dj-rpdoVa2DNRvmcXs0kEJh1Gy2W7DK-gQQWhmfbSxEk08gYfnjHw7BEq4ArY2W8wTmpchhIBQlpBHB4-fXBnksWVbm-sHiS_VmGjpV0AsFJnbG-A06BMPefUNNUOD99JOMD5T8j

G6deczY5Fyg7C8w-uuvzq5BbXvHsaPDaayO43cRFDnwrfIheJNClh0CUVGvhW10Tv-pvZue8l8397s8adBpH7nPJOyPQlPcngn-oOMx-CpKb4FJaHIMdXPwnaFxYi-_ozd6X-hwp

FREELANCERS

The starting faction for all players in the universe of Neo Dystopia. A freelancer is nothing short of an adventurer and traveler, whom can forge their legacy and visage by nothing short of their own actions and determinations. There is no limit to what a freelancer can be;

• A thieving pirate and thief, robbing valuable information from data banks and chips around the globe, stealing from drug lords and banks, and more.
  • A nimble, intelligent crafter, flying around on their hoverboard in the desolate war-torn abandoned cities, scavenging and selling their makeshift wares in the buzzing city markets and underground bazaars.
  • A ruthless mercenary or bounty hunter, profiting off of the hatred of others.
  • A corporation CEO, who through ingenuity and determination has formed their own enterprise that can specialize in anything from weapons manufacturing to pharmaceuticals.
The possibilities for how freelancers can progress and develop their characters are endless and without any sort of boundaries.

1l0jI2J3SplUdZNKgXtPy4HEQJ8W6yEOtw-xZtidu8mI6ncU_cFSxbT3paS4RWrt5D7n9vUzezb1UddNegDhqXSPgyOf6TaHZ3FZe0DBimzq-artLCQSFqYvxF55mn75Z-NNUALu

f49zgjJtDccnzzd4NfotSNnk2SR0PxDff2zA4RuTkoEeD3eLX7r-03L3HqoMZ6vJciDPOACNwrTt4mtL4dy1e6b1J21xS0NTghIxI6TDeJoPcMUhekT-6Kg3jkrrmt5blssfghuT

CORPCLAVE

[This is incredibly WIP and open to ideas.]

Corpclave is the leading designer, manufacturer, and distributor of military, biomedical, and entertainment technologies world-wide, with a 95% dominant share in the global technology marketplace. With a networth that is nearing a quadrillions, Corpclave yields endless power both economically and politically on the global landscape.

For the the past thirty years, the Corpclave enterprise has been using their amassed wealth and global presence to buyout military forces world-wide, staring in third-world countries before trickling into the head of military and government in first-world countries as well, using their wealth and dominance to hold leading positions in military and political bodies world-wide.

Now, Corpclave is not only the leading corporation in global technological needs, it also holds power in almost every official country and city in the world, using their purchased power to enforce greedy taxes and laws that further widen the gap between the poor and the rich, dispelling and resistance or denial with the corrupted iron fist of their purchased militias globally.

The Corpclave faction can provide a variety of roleplay in multiple different potential divisions;

• Be a member of an acquired military force, using your paid power and authority for whatever corrupt needs you can calculate.
  • Be a member of the propaganda-producing board of chairmen.
  • Be an engineer or scientist in CorpLabs, producing the newest medical, military, or entertainment technology for the world.
VGcqc6FfAFnYWlvMLvGZ_aXMy3pPJG8cCSA2F117IEGlL6HDoi7aAMGlBacofdaNOEofWj6H7cu6lzxxf5JICKD_qUY9D5KXY51YLpW5Nq_AC5NC75vFVwwby6AiNzlBqQs4kNdE

71Ukj98IHKCfbT9SkEUb9DqbI4ZqjJQkntGZLSQhpmoa3bsUnGk6hLB3COHMxkKboWEGpm1P2qmnuoIAktleA51LNQCJjoLWi1A0y4xg31SXUUSzD9dT5Pf6L1s9fNle8vHlglya

ANDROIDS

This would most likely be a faction that would require extensive OOC authorization or IC wealth and skill to be able to be achieved, but can provide some interesting roleplay if/when done right. There are a variety of different possible androids;

• Defensive or offensive humanoid or non-humanoid androids created by Corpclave for civilian and/or military use.
  • Entertainment androids created by Corpclave primarily for civilian use.
  • Humans whom have undergone extensive augmentation and mechanical augmentation.
The choices are endless.

JmJoTiOLGrU-nljetZdS9J8umhyvKmPzbaDWiYecFiwrb4-GY1RaEyDwTJEE7rGQzMc_411NpyLBnX9JdBUBJ3vMSIb-ADKYy_5dzEn9y397cBk_EzML_xScpUvg_SWSqZcRHuy4

wN7h-lcJWG4UeHr9rFM7Fr_PUEfsZxgjmGnT0tV8iQEVSRThQNpcSAEoOzC6hOrHv7E__lPdGFQZm8HffywZfmu4Iwc9z5fgaJq41I8gnYP6dbFIGB4vBc38UNScyyPxmhb1EAqg

'Filth' , 'Lizards'

GENOME-PROJECT 57-A, or the lizards, are a failed attempt by Corpclave at creating artificial infinite life and perfect health, which resulted in a the public test group that it was discreetly performed on to be transformed into humanoid, lizard-like creatures with incredibly long (thousands of years) lifespans and a lizard-like appearance and anatomy.

The GP57 species is almost exclusively identified as 'lizards', and are basically the filth of society. Most lizards are secluded to the slums of the globe, and gain notoriety almost exclusively through drug dealing, crime, and data hijacking. Though incredibly, incredibly difficult, lizards can gain public acceptance, though it is unbearably difficult to do and will require extensive tribulation. Most notable or 'accepted' lizards are generally those who have gained notoriety through drugs and crime, but there are some lizards, such as Gak the famous TV show chef, that have gained notoriety through legal means and their own personalities. Very rare, nonetheless.

bFmbJSrgbve3P8cWoQi3V-lOzWD4xOKtKvHoHGIFePcBj5-kwtOq1B_05pvMOm1xLS90LoeXdMX1OHKh7qp9REr8zzTmEracuOXCT6gzkmFkJQy7tAE2SBojR96vpZnw3U1QRNcZ

1-Yz_QlLgrchWlB730CGavB__n5Jrds3ItkDy6SIDGofvzw0JAzoOwIGaWgUZZTbgwsjGi3xeEcUTtJ1f5X-ArcayE48pN6f5Y7NhiYsXMJ9rm087U1DdvLXc83rBJ7a7lWJ_bw6

Argakan

The Argakan are a neighboring alien species that were forced to move to Earth after their home planet experienced a civil war. Unlike the lizards that are viewed as unnatural and filthy, the Argakan have been widely accepted into society as near-to-equals to humans, even being able to serve in the military and gain wealth and power as much as humans can.

The Argakan are from a heritage of warriors, but have since adapted a merchant-type outlook with their new presence on Earth, and have a dominant occupational percentage in the accounting and banking sector.

-

LJeWLyfOq3TvAyzWoIYaBCkSWwI8KYAbnfZDadhNBgjD0MqeinbVxEeA6JtlWqwWtnE36__jASxS1E4Md84PBI9eqBquw5L5Lwdx1QEGgXJ-Qf2CsiDeCVdgHBqzKawLRIJqc80B

TjJ_8cx9pePwQeygyfk6ZM6vuywTbyJYAYdDWDm5iiCy4NRt_-fTtkspFV2h1dvD9yCoFkcQlVTSzxH1tVVSyoInKRjnow_QKdubmMFvzsXMF6BaUVkVz7NPu9bXq6KDuVfFKGFx

2xbCcPqI71QOsZukWeHmDKfWJUOJbSOwgUl-94AS_uo3mGHqQb22f-_AhNy8kFMLeM1dHBEhnzVFroSlKLvn5RMLLeejuIAfbhhZc2kb65F1r8jPQ7QT5vaLk4Z-pTYZWvqOL_FQ

III. MAPS

I take no credit for the maps, all credit for the modelling and development of the maps goes to blazing. They are not currently on the workshop but will most likely be uploading soon. I'd imagine that there would be interlinked maps for players to travel between, I've always thought that is an interesting thing to have to allow players more opportunities and areas to RP on.

JmyBqb04Fr7w-YEutdiu6zkpZ3KXPqx_sORyGXU8NOzN5-WMp8dodEsOGQAu--wsm5zoJQA3EG06hbCv7cSdi9uCzUNMAqtRdLNKC1XQvZrYUz2wl8WSRSjqhUgMIjVIEuG3GDCE

METRO

gs_metro by blazing is one of the coolest maps I have ever seen. The following Imgur gallery has screenshots of a few parts of the map;

http://imgur.com/a/qve1D

My idea to incorporate this map would probably be it being an abandoned war-zone between anti-corp resistance gangs and Corpclave in a battle for territory. The entire map would be a destroyed city littered with salvageable technology and loot, while also being an area of disputed territory for vying gangs in the area. It could also have a small market area for people to trade their salvaged loot, and have a dwindling yet still threatening Corpclave presence making steady attempts at trying to retake the area for its locational and mechanical value as a production and residential district.

The map gives off the illusion of being vertical, making it seem like a city, while the enterable portions of the map are more horizontal. It's a very cool and interesting map, one of the better ones I've seen because of the custom textures and such it has.

6WHPc_Wnr0N-BvkAY1qw-W7-as28nP2KlAjPMveID39UdtreoRxD4jydOrt2UIiuixs8qmTH7PDeCZELFWGfySZP0bHDVQLf4NWrGv8hkzAsfJm-z2iBA_43TXMUxGjXH3RXJQ97

BRAZIL

Novabrazil would most probably be the main hub, a large, open, drab map that, from my playing on it in both single and multiplayer, runs incredibly smooth for its size. It has dozens of enterable buildings, an entire sewer level, and a high skybox and wide road system that is easily traversable by hover and land vehicle alike. Some photos of the map can be found below;

http://imgur.com/a/iFrzK

It's a nice map overall, captures the cyberpunk theme nicely and is large and fun to roam around, with many enterable buildings that makes it much more immersive.

-

_v20f-iviD_mEsZ3_ivYLfJfsTyYNgNLBw2ScLghwZEVd3iTAeTw4NBi5YQ297BzePdqL1unjYnzu5tzarChNe48eThbR74IJHeBWr4bTJ0zr_SlmD7a2TyatGoKysN0WpRa_98n

4Nsxr30yfFKWFP_K3WevSvROFP4z8U0iODNYgvvUlU1SN0moW955BwaxQUlAcB7slZaFi1QIsALcdlOmqMHRwmPS9LXO6BbgPrH-rWSVKWIrrI2RFd9RBuBc3ByJqn63iJoO-Ecp

odQXjUYyORhCRfl0myhLMXUc5uLrSo8fiqSbL22LNdmv3QmEEQ2ve_ho0UCpM0vj7TFYrdexv0ElaF4iQm_O803FJ7ivWoMRY6eRtG7aeWqbMpqU5Jhi6IuPgZWwSdceEA1-sBa9

IV. VEHICLES

I take no credit for the vehicle models, the vehicle models are ported from indie game and the hoverbike models are by blazing from GS3.

The maps that would be used are wide and large, and are designed to be traversed by vehicles. The vehicles that are used are all on SCar, which means they are destroyable, wreckable, refuelable, and able to hold multiple passengers. The vehicles in Neo Dystopia are all hovering, and most of the vehicles are designed, produced, and distributed by Corpclave. I will be updating this section later on with descriptions of all the vehicles with images, but for now, here is a gallery of all of the vehicles we would be using.

http://imgur.com/a/PZAHz

I might hire someone to do some modifications to the cars that allow them to be more persistent or possibly have them create some garage/docking system beyond the docking mechanism that is currently on the cars, as well as possible modification bodygroups of sorts that people can apply to their cars.

-

JUoFI4PaBcOw3OHzhmPDzzBB9qjH_LyfikGsCo1Iog9VZHTAQYlyWHbMHQf3HaddK8MMwO9p-Ibw0mTieWtNselEQeZEN6HriOvbzCL01zJOKltpgD84LzztH8VZEZgB6-pxHFpW

PHeRRxGAqfctKHmIxzLyq9IlnqPNipSaPIzuqor-GCXJjq1iQBrq4R0rEI9euJeUZHNgpVl_YeiCizn3kTKIRNnzd6nOhAWlYcXPEL9Dtj2zFuL87onMEsQ0p-dKBa717ygS5Ke8

Qf0RHmQHpaIqsI62-9TFsr5cM5Ujc_fWpFpvnQjoRVhxw7pA6sTAsOaRutLG13louNKdnAkRXbZ5WnJGJz6udfyNRcw0Lny1H6zEKqbdLrjFDuzLP5eoEDhIiBv6DxwOpgBZsZEQ

V. WEAPONS

Weapons done by blazing at GS3.

Most weapons world-wide are produced by Corpclave, while some minor corporations do exist for weapons manufacturers, most weapons are distributed to licensed dealers or are sold on the black market as knockoffs or stolen goods. While most used weapons are modern Corpclave firearms, there are some whom have chosen to stick to their heritage and use older weapons either with or without modification, such as the Kalash or various 'old' handguns.

Weapons are allowed with proper license, such as for sanctioned bounty hunters or mercenaries, but can result in arrest and prosecution if wielded without license or if the weapons are not Corpclave. Here are a list of weapons, mainly ones that are produced by Corpclave;

http://imgur.com/a/8M2De

Weapons are still using bullets, not pulses or energy.

-

sVzigSGWFJUO6dmJw7wF97uoJTpNT5_dvFandjb0sA5MkuAApEN-ey3bFLcqw9gc6hDKGVQ3gDaPWTmIXQIYlLH-9kV-FzhbPCyuY4NjrI4fcOMAPb6lEhjI9vDY6MrxfTvF9yHk

Ix-Tq57Ws1wOHJrHGiA6BQ5kwl3X2ZY35DH0vYjGy16C9opmtGLwxlbF5O9DJZARfybTJyvECbIo8Dn9cLMVfXukD3HFKqM75ZO332Q9Il46h7n35JHo30M7Djd8eN_0snULnxG1
f_poN020sSVSxhy7PQTLovTozLjOJfmI9yW4vMPEwQhoIXnzrALXq7xIMf4cI-aKuCrRDwDVzXk7ayFTRqw1zIYd1pFhYrnulRFM6l72rfz505igTws720r4nValN0UOcQiScKkw

VI. CLOTHING, ARMOR, AND ALIENS

Thanks to blazing for the models.

So, it's self-explanatory, there's dozens of different torso, leg, and head bodygroups that apply to the 80 or so different male and female models;

http://imgur.com/a/rLiUF

Next are the various armor bodygroups;

http://imgur.com/a/LZTxJ

In addition to this, all of them have subsequent models of the clothing folded that can be used for potential clothing scripts or the likes.

Lastly, here are the models for the lizards and Argakan, both of which can use almost all of the bodygroups that the humans can use;

http://imgur.com/a/Zn2Uz

Imgur is being weird so I'll update with more later, there are dozens more bodygroups as well for torso, legs, and armor, as well as 12 different skin groups for the Argakan, such as red warpaint, skin tone, etc.

-

VII. TO-DO

Going to flesh out all the categories, add in lore, etc. Ideas are welcome.

crash

CRAZY EYES
B A N N E D
Nebulae
hl2rp is below the 'server discussion' tab my friend

Assuming you mean it shares similarities to HL2RP, I thought it could be remedied in the lore by making the corps lack much control in the slums and shit areas that the maps are in, while still having some military presence that is mainly corrupt and lacks discipline.

Lots more gangs and loose character development opportunities as well.

crash

CRAZY EYES
B A N N E D
Nebulae
frundtech and hl2 mix???

Kinda takes ideas from both, the Corporation from the Combine and the lizards from vortigaunts, and the exploration of Frundtech I guess, yeah.

Chester

custom title
Nebulae
gs_metro would do the cyberpunk atmosphere far more justice if it was in a night-time setting

Other than that, I like it - makes me wonder why there hasn't been an emphasis on cyberpunk-themed RP servers on GMod

crash

CRAZY EYES
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Besides cyberpunk being really, really, gay — this ain't half bad.

TNB made it seem horrible, hence why anything close to augmentations that brought about alot of edge would probably be astronomical in pricing or require extensive authorization.

It's a cool timeperiod though
[doublepost=1467162060][/doublepost]
gs_metro would do the cyberpunk atmosphere far better if it was in a night-time setting

Other than that, I like it - makes me wonder why there hasn't been an emphasis on cyberpunk-themed RP servers on GMod

Lack of emphasis can probably be attributed to lack of workshop content and the sense of edge and dislike TNB and it's Cyberpunk server caused in all honesty, and their Terminator for the whole genre. Usually just lacks execution.

And yeah, I'm thinking like late day for gs_metro would be very cool, I'll look into that.

Reactions: List

rang

aussie turk
Nebulae
Just make sure it doesn't eventually succumb to the kind of disease every server contracts - the "there's not much more to do other than explore" like FTRP.

crash

CRAZY EYES
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Just make sure it doesn't eventually succumb to the kind of disease every server contracts - the "there's not much more to do other than explore" like FTRP.

Here's the thing though. There's like 7 different maps not currently on the workshop that blazing has made. Of course, different maps cannot fully remedy this issue and can even have it's negatives in spacing out population, but it'll be so much area for people to explore and for gangs to fight over.

People can create corporations and always have room to grow, gangs will always be at war as a full compromise or peace treaty is unthinkable, and in this futuristic setting, there are so many different things that you can do to upgrade your character, house, etc. in this setting and time period, in comparison to say FTRP or HL2RP.

R40UL

Proton
Nebulae
Really loving this idea as I'm a sci-fi maniac, especially when it comes to cyberpunk. But I'd really like to see something a bit different to that style, like aliens and humans living together in different utopian nations where things are financially good and the problems come from wars or attacks between nations as well as some level of criminal activity coming from a gang.

Still, I'm not complaining about this one, I really wan't to see Nebulous getting a cyberpunk based RP gamemode and see how it goes. Hell, I would even waste all the time needed to give my own ideas just to see this live.

By the way, the NovaBrazil map is actually ripped from E.Y.E Divine Cybermancy and slightly edited. The original place is "New Eden": http://eyedivinecybermancy.wikia.com/wiki/New_Eden

crash

CRAZY EYES
B A N N E D
Nebulae
link to these models please sirs

Not at my computer currently, there are from GS3 community, by blazing. I'll get a mega download link shortly.

There are dozens more too, some just didn't load for some reason on imgur.

eldeos

Electron
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Besides cyberpunk being really, really, gay — this ain't half bad.
gunsmoke3.com

dont ban me

their server is still up my dude, dont try to rip them off because you got ba n n ed

crash

CRAZY EYES
B A N N E D
Nebulae
gunsmoke3.com

dont ban me

their server is still up my dude, dont try to rip them off because you got ba n n ed

They acknowledged on their forums that they have no problem if content that blazing has created is used as long as he is credited , which I've done multiple times in the thread. He's even uploading it himself to workshop soon which will make it fair use.

Plus there are major differences in factions and lore in the thread I have presented.

bye

eldeos

Electron
B A N N E D
Nebulae
They acknowledged on their forums that they have no problem if content that blazing has created is used as long as he is credited , which I've done multiple times in the thread. He's even uploading it himself to workshop soon which will make it fair use.

Plus there are major differences in factions and lore in the thread I have presented.

bye
youre literally ripping off their server though

like, when it comes down to it, its pretty much the same idea- oh wait a few things are renamed

hi

crash

CRAZY EYES
B A N N E D
Nebulae
youre literally ripping off their server though

like, when it comes down to it, its pretty much the same idea- oh wait a few things are renamed

hi

I've put more emphasis on the importance of the corporation, whereas on GS there are only 2 active members of the corp. I've repurposed the maps for different purposes in comparison to what they are used on in GS. Sure, I've taken inspiration from GS and have credited blazing in my post for such. Our lore is much different then there's in the difference between still being on earth in neo dys, while GS is interstellar, huge difference, among other things.

Status
Not open for further replies.