Neo Dystopia - Server Idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
It's not original, it's based heavily off of Gunsmoke as @Koch said, with some major modifications, and I'd have no chance of getting a server concept accepted at no fault but my own, it'll be easy to develop though in all honesty, it's alot more about the structure of the factions and piecing together things outside of the coding that will be troublesome.

It's still more original than HL2RP, Star Wars RP and all that.

If it's heavily inspired enough that newbies would start associating, make some more differences to make it feel like it's its own thing.

crash

CRAZY EYES
B A N N E D
Nebulae
It's still more original than HL2RP, Star Wars RP and all that.

If it's heavily inspired enough that newbies would start associating, make some more differences to make it feel like it's its own thing.

There's plenty different about it currently, I mean the difference between the fact that in GS Earth is basically a thing of the past and that in this lore we'd still be on Earth, and just the difference between Earth and interstellar. GS is primarily US players as well, something like this for the EU pop and some of us US comm. members that play EU servers would be nice.

crash

CRAZY EYES
B A N N E D
Nebulae
if you could do it like gunsmoke except with shit to do and stuff it could be very fun

• Emphasis on the corporation which will provide a much better antagonist then what is provided in GS, which basically only has 2 corp members, cops, that are barely ever on. It'd have divisions within it and would be much more imminent and present then they are on GS, as in GS there is no established protagonist or even one that formed.
  • Better use of the maps and using them for more specific purposes.
  • Better use of the alien models for the lore instead of what they are used in GS which is drab.
  • Would probably be more professional administration in general since GS is absolutely abhorrent with a bunch of losers on their staff team.

List goes on really.

Nebulae
there was a server like this long time ago, cyberpunkrp alike, i forgot the name of the server
anyway it was fucking epic, it had a detailed combat system and it was funny as well
[doublepost=1467303138][/doublepost]found it my mans

[doublepost=1467303261][/doublepost]
t74uzet.png

Looks honestly really cool.
I like the retro futuristic style, reminds me of the city in the super mario bros movie.

And the dudes videos are neat aswell.

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Just wanna say that if this does become a thing I will create a robot band.

It will happen.

Anony

String
Nebulae
Hello, I'm here to play Gunsmoke ambassador. I'm a recent addition to the administration team and I don't actually know the person who created this thread, but I would like to point out (I know it has been addressed) this is a direct ripoff of www.gunsmoke3.com - I urge you to go read a few threads, or I can make citations myself if you want to open a dialogue. The OP is essentially "GUNSMOKE, IN MY OPINION" rather than any form of original content. He's argued that a lot of it has been rewritten but to me it's more like a bastardization. I won't sit here and advertise our own community to you, but, unlike Crash, none of you are banned from playing at Gunsmoke. It's a cyberpunk community and we don't view other servers as competition. If you'd like to collaborate with anything, hit me up on steam. Please consider not listening to this proposal because, well, it's made from someone who we had to ban for being an undesirable roleplayer involved in meta/powergame consistently.

This seems like a very shoddy attempt to get back at us. I feel it's also worth clarifying that Gunsmoke is created by a dedicated team, not simply Blazing. Kaz made or ported all the models and Void is responsible for most of the canon. At least get your credits right when you steal property.

You can all ignore this and continue if you'd like but I figured I'd try and communicate to the fellas here that we mean no harm and it is upsetting to see all the hard work put into the server (lore, maps, content) offered up as a tribute in what I'm assuming is a bid to gain favor at this community. He has not invented anything original. Go look at our forums for proof of that. Eldeos is banned from our community (and I see now he's banned here) but he at least had the decency to recognize what this poster was doing is inherently wrong.

It isn't nice to steal or pretend you're being creative and charitable. It's a bad rehash concept for something that already exists. A knockoff.

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Hello, I'm here to play Gunsmoke ambassador. I'm a recent addition to the administration team and I don't actually know the person who created this thread, but I would like to point out (I know it has been addressed) this is a direct ripoff of www.gunsmoke3.com - I urge you to go read a few threads, or I can make citations myself if you want to open a dialogue. The OP is essentially "GUNSMOKE, IN MY OPINION" rather than any form of original content. He's argued that a lot of it has been rewritten but to me it's more like a bastardization. I won't sit here and advertise our own community to you, but, unlike Crash, none of you are banned from playing at Gunsmoke. It's a cyberpunk community and we don't view other servers as competition. If you'd like to collaborate with anything, hit me up on steam. Please consider not listening to this proposal because, well, it's made from someone who we had to ban for being an undesirable roleplayer involved in meta/powergame consistently.

This seems like a very shoddy attempt to get back at us. I feel it's also worth clarifying that Gunsmoke is created by a dedicated team, not simply Blazing. Kaz made or ported all the models and Void is responsible for most of the canon. At least get your credits right when you steal property.

You can all ignore this and continue if you'd like but I figured I'd try and communicate to the fellas here that we mean no harm and it is upsetting to see all the hard work put into the server (lore, maps, content) offered up as a tribute in what I'm assuming is a bid to gain favor at this community. He has not invented anything original. Go look at our forums for proof of that. Eldeos is banned from our community (and I see now he's banned here) but he at least had the decency to recognize what this poster was doing is inherently wrong.

It isn't nice to steal or pretend you're being creative and charitable. It's a bad rehash concept for something that already exists. A knockoff.

Hello yes piss off he's said that he was heavily inspired by Gunsmoke but maybe if you bothered to read the thread you'd notice he said it.

Replied a bit early, didn't fully read your post.

I'll wait for @crash to reply before I pick sides lads.

Boombox

Quark
Nebulae
i don't like anony because hes a dum cuntie but hes right

this is actually quite literally a direct ripoff of gunsmoke.

crash

CRAZY EYES
B A N N E D
Nebulae

Just tell me the extent of how you want me to credit you guys beyond me basically directly saying I took inspiration from GS3. There are differences that I will flesh out more and this isn't even an official server suggestion or anything that benefits me. I don't get what your goal is coming on here saying this, I was banned because I was supposedly breaking RP even though I did nothing wrong. This isn't my attempt at getting back at you as it's not even official and franly doesn't benefit me at all.

Nice try though lol, but the whole grounds of you coming on here saying I'm getting back at you is pointless because I am not benefitting from this at all and thought it was a fun server which is why I'm presenting it with some minor modifications, even though it isn't even an oficial server suggestion.

What do you want me to do, put the communites URL and the entire dev team as a bolded header, or what? I though I gave ample credit without directly advertising.

Anony

String
Nebulae
I'm not necessarily asking for proper credit; that was a minor point because you ignored the work of Kaz. I'm asking you to not steal content directly. It does seem a little pointless engaging you because you're adamant that you've done nothing wrong. I'm simply pointing out the theft.

This is likened to a Japanese counterfeit toy or one of those horrible Disney knockoffs. You're dancing around the original material enough but you and I both know this is Gunsmoke you're proposing. It'd be difficult to claim property if it wasn't an entirely original concept. You've even taken the art we've used for your thread. It's a little sad.

I'm asking for someone high up to take a look at this and shut it down respectfully. I know it's only a concept/proposal but it is entirely unfair for you to be using our assets and claiming it's a fair imitation. It isn't flattery at this point. If you want to give us credit, then you should respect us enough to cease and desist. It's stealing otherwise. We've told you we don't want this happening.

Reactions: List

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I'm not necessarily asking for proper credit; that was a minor point because you ignored the work of Kaz. I'm asking you to not steal content directly. It does seem a little pointless engaging you because you're adamant that you've done nothing wrong. I'm simply pointing out the theft.

This is likened to a Japanese counterfeit toy or one of those horrible Disney knockoffs. You're dancing around the original material enough but you and I both know this is Gunsmoke you're proposing. It'd be difficult to claim property if it wasn't an entirely original concept. You've even taken the art we've used for your thread. It's a little sad.

I'm asking for someone high up to take a look at this and shut it down respectfully. I know it's only a concept/proposal but it is entirely unfair for you to be using our assets and claiming it's a fair imitation. It isn't flattery at this point. If you want to give us credit, then you should respect us enough to cease and desist. It's stealing otherwise. We've told you we don't want this happening.

@Blackquill can handle that.

It is theft, after all.

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae

I am not surprised at all by this to be honest with you mate.

I will safely say, we won't be stealing anyone's ideas/concepts or anything like that, hit me up if you have anymore concerns about this.

crash

CRAZY EYES
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Can't be asked to really continue arguing, I just made a simple thread about an idea I thought would be cool and didn't expect it to get much attention as it did, and I thought I gave ample credit. Remove it or lock it for all I care, if you guys are getting so sensitive over a simple server concept that will be fair use once the content is uploaded to the workshop, even though I gave fair credit, and even thought you said you don't mind competition, then by all means do it.

I benefitted nothing from this thread besides some purple disks which are really pointless, so do what you please with this thread.

kaz™

String
Nebulae
I was banned because I was supposedly breaking RP even though I did nothing wrong.
You were banned for having an absolutely toxic attitude, and contrary to your statement you admitted (in your ban appeal) that you "ensued to basically just fuck around and be a nuisance, not terribly but I did nick a couple cars and stuff and was a bit toxic."

But that is besides the point, I'm posting here because while
They acknowledged on their forums that they have no problem if content that blazing has created is used as long as he is credited , which I've done multiple times in the thread.
may be true for Blazing's content (only the maps), that same is not true for my own. While I can't stop you from stealing the content I've worked months on to try and prop up your own bastardized version of our lore that we've spent years on because you're too lazy or inept to make your own, you are absolutely wrong (and deluded) if you think you have my permission.

Edit:
I am not surprised at all by this to be honest with you mate.

I will safely say, we won't be stealing anyone's ideas/concepts or anything like that, hit me up if you have anymore concerns about this.

Thank you. Much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.