NEW METRO E3 GAMEPLAY REVEAL

cns - he/him/his

The Winner
Nebulae
metro is underground and full of not so subtle factions full of nazis and commies
stalker is aboveground and full of normal slavic citizens

Nebulae
full of normal slavic citizens
tumblr_nh5obkMQut1tdj8a6o1_500.png

cns - he/him/his

The Winner
Nebulae
i read somewhere online thats its meant to be openworld which is just basically gonna make it shit stalker
itd be so much better if it was openworld but it was all still in the metro with little surface gameplay

BurningMadness

Firekeeper
Nebulae
Basically who will spit on a stalker like game but more recent with different univers, creatures and playstyle ? Me i wont.

THe bad thing about this upcoming metro is everyones said it would be a open world and recently they announced no, so one linear game again, in metro you are of course free of your mouvments but at the end you are just following the same path, like, killing or sparing someone will just change the ending cinematic, that's not a freedome of choices for me, it should be more things like if you spare that guy in metro last light when you escape the red's "jail" he would have opened a different path, or even give you informations, a vent would have been fine, also the only evolving thing are the story and your bullets, there is no point of buying weapons as you will find them outside, even gas or bombs, maybe one or two super weapons will get you a boost but at the end it will be somewhere whaiting to be looted

I expected more gamechanging elements, maybe somes dialogues or interactions with peoples around you; not talking but like UP [Agree] DOWN [Disagree] LEFT [IGNIORE HIM] RIGHT [PUSH HIM] (its an exemple) and the karma system is just nothing, "well gg dude you got the good ending here, congrats", That's all, oh, i forgot the good little white going on your screen and the sound effect as you did something good, yay, cool. Why didn't they made animals begin aggresif towards you ? Did you know animals have instinct for that ? Like they feel you, i don't really know how they can but that's a know fact, if they make it linear, it could be cool to have differents stations at the same place like a red outpost optional to take it down or even the possibility to be friend with one of the faction leading to the others hating you. Why not the ability to upade our suit and put a armor system, crafting system ? We will see but at the end this should have been in the previous games in my point of view.

But of course i enjoyed this game, i just hope it wont be 60€ for a linear metro again

Last edited:

Baker

Mr. Mineside
Nebulae
Basically who will spit on a stalker like game but more recent with different univers, creatures and playstyle ? Me i wont.

THe bad thing about this upcoming metro is everyones said it would be a open world and recently they announced no, so one linear game again, in metro you are of course free of your mouvments but at the end you are just following the same path, like, killing or sparing someone will just change the ending cinematic, that's not a freedome of choices for me, it should be more things like if you spare that guy in metro last light when you escape the red's "jail" he would have opened a different path, or even give you informations, a vent would have been fine, also the only evolving thing are the story and your bullets, there is no point of buying weapons as you will find them outside, even gas or bombs, maybe one or two super weapons will get you a boost but at the end it will be somewhere whaiting to be looted

I expected more gamechanging elements, maybe somes dialogues or interactions with peoples around you; not talking but like UP [Agree] DOWN [Disagree] LEFT [IGNIORE HIM] RIGHT [PUSH HIM] (its an exemple) and the karma system is just nothing, "well gg dude you got the good ending here, congrats", That's all, oh, i forgot the good little white going on your screen and the sound effect as you did something good, yay, cool. Why didn't they made animals begin aggresif towards you ? Did you know animals have instinct for that ? Like they feel you, i don't really know how they can but that's a know fact, if they make it linear, it could be cool to have differents stations at the same place like a red outpost optional to take it down or even the possibility to be friend with one of the faction leading to the others hating you. Why not the ability to upade our suit and put a armor system, crafting system ? We will see but at the end this should have been in the previous games in my point of view.

But of course i enjoyed this game, i just hope it wont be 60€ for a linear metro again
It still has a decent story and is an incredibly immersive experience. Not everything needs to be open world to be good, sometimes we can just appreciate a good cinematic rollercoaster.

Reactions: List
Nebulae
It still has a decent story and is an incredibly immersive experience. Not everything needs to be open world to be good, sometimes we can just appreciate a good cinematic rollercoaster.
But still, you'll have fun for a first time, maybe two. If game won't have MULTIPLAYER option, then it's fucked. I'd like to see some kind of CO-OP or small DM on a small maps, like metro station, or destroyed villages, where you need to find gas mask's filters and ammo would be uncommon, so you need to rip it from dead opponents.

Baker

Mr. Mineside
Nebulae
But still, you'll have fun for a first time, maybe two. If game won't have MULTIPLAYER option, then it's fucked. I'd like to see some kind of CO-OP or small DM on a small maps, like metro station, or destroyed villages, where you need to find gas mask's filters and ammo would be uncommon, so you need to rip it from dead opponents.
Metro Last Light had extra story missions and challenges that added replayability without the bullshit. In my personal opinion, the Metro series would be ruined if it went open world, there will be something wrong with it that would just tarnish the series outstanding reputation. I'd rather keep Metro as it should be, a linear immersive cinematic experience rather something it really shouldn't be for the sake of 'replayability'.

Nebulae
Metro Last Light had extra story missions and challenges that added replayability without the bullshit. In my personal opinion, the Metro series would be ruined if it went open world, there will be something wrong with it that would just tarnish the series outstanding reputation. I'd rather keep Metro as it should be, a linear immersive cinematic experience rather something it really shouldn't be for the sake of 'replayability'.
I'd like to see some kind of RTS, or economic, political game in Metro Universe, anyway I'd like to remind, that Metro Universe take place in 'open world' not just in metro sewers. I don't know English name of this serie, but it's about a guy named Taran and his "adopted" son Gleb, who're traveling from St. Petersburg to Vladivostok (it's next to fucking Korea).

Baker

Mr. Mineside
Nebulae
I'd like to see some kind of RTS, or economic, political game in Metro Universe, anyway I'd like to remind, that Metro Universe takes place in 'open world' not just in metro sewers. I don't know English name of this series, but it's about a guy named Taran and his "adopted" son Gleb, who're travelling from St. Petersburg to Vladivostok (it's next to fucking Korea).
Metro gives the player the illusion of an open world game, giving you a rather large space to explore on during just one singular mission, and that's what I believe works best. Metro should never go open world or be given a multiplayer unless it has a purpose. Adding these features for the sake of checking off boxes on the 'to-do list' would just ruin the experience altogether. Again, I'd rather have a good 10-hour story rather than a shit 50-hour grind fest.

Nebulae
Metro gives the player the illusion of an open world game, giving you a rather large space to explore on during just one singular mission, and that's what I believe works best. Metro should never go open world or be given a multiplayer unless it has a purpose. Adding these features for the sake of checking off boxes on the 'to-do list' would just ruin the experience altogether. Again, I'd rather have a good 10-hour story rather than a shit 50-hour grind fest.
Bullshit, like additional Multiplayer, or co-op would just improve the game, if it won't be forced. Like Stalker have Multi too, and it's still a great game.

Baker

Mr. Mineside
Nebulae
Bullshit, like additional Multiplayer, or co-op would just improve the game, if it won't be forced. Like Stalker have Multi too, and it's still a great game.
If it has a purpose and the features aren't rushed then I don't see a problem with it.

Reactions: List

cns - he/him/his

The Winner
Nebulae
I just want something like staked misery in the metro, forced ranger hardcore where you start with just a shitty pistol and have to work your way up to greater things

Baker

Mr. Mineside
Nebulae
I just want something like staked misery in the metro, forced ranger hardcore where you start with just a shitty pistol and have to work your way up to greater things
Metro Last Light had a DLC mission just like this where you explored a large map and had to discovered pre-war items to sell for bullets which in return would upgrade your equipment.

cns - he/him/his

The Winner
Nebulae
Metro Last Light had a DLC mission just like this where you explored a large map and had to discovered pre-war items to sell for bullets which in return would upgrade your equipment.
That was best DLC mission and I loved it